“Disappointed with location”

Comfort Hotel Davout Nation
Ranked #1,230 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 30 December 2013

If we had known how far this hotel was we would have chosen something closer to the attractions. It wasn't far from the metro or the bus station. The room we had initially faced the side street and was very noisy. We asked for a room change which the hotel did. The room was much smaller but was quieter. Staff was helpful in giving us directions.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the hotel much quieter
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank OKGLO

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I got there by chance. There were no rooms in the hotel I had booked before, so I was sent to Hotel Comfort Davout. I was pleasantly surprised at the hotel, as I didn't choose it myself. The price per night was 90 Euros. My room (it was a double room with a private bathroom) #104 was on the first floor. The room was clean and tidy, there was a double bed, a flat screen TV, a table, but no wardrobe or hooks for coats at all. So I had to leave my clothes either on the chair or in my suitcase. The bathroom was clean and freshly renovated, there was a hair dryer there. What I didn't like was a connection double door between my room and room #103, which was not locked from my room. The staff tried to lock it, but didn't found the right key. Fortunately, everything was fine. A noise insulation was good as well. All doors of the hotel rooms are opened with a plastic card, which you are given at the reception when checking in. The hotel has a lift. The breakfast was basic, but nice, still with a wide selection of meals, but there were no fruit. The metro station was 2 minutes walk away, also there was a supermarket and a pharmacy nearby. In general I liked staying there, though it is rather far from the city centre.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank agent_3b
Reviewed 11 January 2013

For the price we payed that was a lovely place to stay. I personally don't think it was that far from the center, because metro of Paris is very good and not confusing at all, so we are in the center in 15 minutes and is very close to Nation station and from here you can go everywhere.
The breakfast was really nice, and as you came in the winter the room was warm and cosy. I will come back for sure.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank AnaCosta9
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Staff is lovely & friendly as most of french people are, speaks fluent English. The hotel cleanliness is not bad but still not very good. it's located in a local area far from the center of the city, about 10 mins walk to the subway station ''Porte Montreuil'' surrounded by groceries & restaurants, the hotel area is for immigrants and accordingly it's full of drunks and gypsies during the late night.
Price is reasonable compared to other city center hotels,
Recommended for those who are planning for low budged trips.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Ahmed_GoGo
Reviewed 6 October 2012

Bad area and the smell of the room was Horrible But the staff was very nice and helpful and the metro was very short Distance from the hotel very noise too in night.the Rear of the hotel was very dirty with garbage and broken glass and the smell of the hotel and the water from the sink was very bad.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Moonstone_12
Reviewed 24 April 2012

I stayed at the hotel for a week and I had no problems. It's a 10 min walk from the pere lachaise cemetary which is a surprisingly enjoyable half day. There are some really great and cheap places to eat around the hotel. There are 2 supermarkets, laundry, cafe's and a metro stop all within a 2 min radius. The front desk staff were great. Maybe it helped that I knew a little French. The reason I chose the hotel was that I wanted to have my own room while in Paris at a somewhat affordable price. If you've been to a big N.American city such as LA, Chicago, NY, Toronto, the area won't be anything you haven't seen before. I was able to walk from the hotel to centre of the city. It took me about an hour and a half. That said, I stopped in little neighborhoods, had coffee, had lunch, peaked into shops along the way. The metro takes about 25 mins which I didn't mind at all. All in all, it wasn't a bad place to stay. If your main goal in going to Paris is to see all the museums, tourist attractions and then spend time in your room, then pay the extra money and stay in the centre of Paris. I wanted to know that I had a place to stay after getting off of the plane as I was super tired. The front desk staff checked me in early. I was grateful. At the tourist information booth in downtown Paris, they can help you find a place to stay if you want to chance it. I didn't want to spend 200 euros/night for a hotel room. This hotel is kind of like an elegant hostel. I did bring my earplugs though because it does get a bit noisy if you keep the windows open. The bathrooms are fantastic and clean. My room was quaint. The breakfast of croissants, baguettes, apple sauce, yoghurt, juice, coffee and cereal was a perfect way for me to start the day. If you're a wanderer, definitely stay at the hotel. If you require a little higher quality, definitely shell out the money for a hotel closer to the centre. I would stay there again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Damian R
Reviewed 23 April 2012

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with ehotel.de
3  Thank Alejandro M