Residence Imperiale
US$347
US$283
Official Site
  • Bar/Lounge
Hotel WO - Wilson Opera(Paris)
US$185
US$241
US$233
Very Good 4/5
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsporte maillotarc de triomphebreakfast room is smallminute walkeuros per personensuite bathroomnice hotellocation is greatbus stopchoose this hotelrooms are cleaneasy accessparis hotelmalakoffstreetmetroelysee
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 July 2012

The hotel is in an excellent position for the Palais de Congres where I was attending an exhibition. The entrance is nicely done and the receptionist very polite and helpful. The bedroom part of my room was not too bad, it was on the 5th floor so nice and quiet, but when you look a bit closer it is a bit tired. The shelves in the wardrobe were a monument to sealant and looked terrible.

However what really let this place down for me was the bathroom. The shower did pass two of my tests, hot water at a constant temperature and firmly fixed to the wall but failed with a huge leak from the pipe to the head. The loo roll fitting was half off the wall, so I could actually see one of the rawlplugs. The bath itself look liked it had had an argument with a big axe, a bit psycho but without Janet Leigh with bit slice cut into it, and the loo seat was in such a state that I wondered, with some dread, what the dark bits on it were, luckily to substrate to the white coating and nothing more sinister.

So only 3 stars from me I am afraid, could be 4 with a bit of DIY. I didn't try to the breakfast (€15 apparently) so cannot comment on that.

Lastly it's about a 10 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe just round the corner.

Room Tip: High up is quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank C4LWX
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and this is absolutely central to our service ethos.We have noted this,
Rest assured that everything has been followed up with my team and we had made improvment in our rooms.
I very much hope that you will consider trying us once more.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I found myself with 2 nights to spend in Paris on my own, I spent one night and this hotel and wish I could've spent more! It was a great location for the price, the room was clean and modern and the receptionist was very polite and helpful. The only issue was the shower leaked slightly but I've experience this in most French hotels, it wasn't a big issue for only one night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and am disappointed that it is fully booked for my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Clloco
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I am glad that you are pleased with your stay overall and hope you are looking forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 26 October 2011

Superb location for what we wanted, 2 minutes walk to the shuttle bus for "Longchamps"

Hotel was ideal for what we wanted, good breakfast, good restaurants nearby, near metro, really lively area, the "arc" weekend is something special, enhanced this year by fantastic weather

Belgian restaurant nearby with eat all you can offers on shell fish is super value

Would use again but need to book early when special events are taking place

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kathleen139

Thank you very much for sharing your review with us. I am happy to know that you enjoyed your stay and hope that we will see you back very soon.

Reviewed 26 September 2011

Good average hotel in nice location, friendly reception staff and good breakfast.... BUT, the housekeeper let them down badly. Our bath was not cleaned daily, the curtains in the room were torn/broken and were hanging skew - we therefore could not close them properly, we did not get toiletpaper (?) and had to ask at reception every day for toiletpaper.

Our room was VERY small ( Superior room for Euro170/night )...compared to hotel rooms we stayed in Munich and Salzburg after this visit.

We would NOT recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Select a better hotel in the outskirts of Paris - better value
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jan L

Thank you for sharing your recent experience. We are concerned that you did not completely comfortable. Rest assured, our guests comfort is our top priority. As a new front office manager, i spend a lot of time in rooms to ensure rooms are cleaned properly. It is inexcusable you had to ask anything that should have been in your room daily and i hope you will accept my apologies.
Standards are different from a country to another but i am sure everybody can understand it.
We wish you all a happy new year.

Reviewed 27 August 2011

I was working in Courbevoire for two weeks, so brought my wife for the trip. We could have opted for a place closer to work for me but she would have been bored during the day. So we chose this hotel for our 12 night's stay.
We arrived at noon exhausted after an overnight flight from Montreal. We were warmly welcomed even though we were three hours early. We were given a room on the fourth floor which we both found small considering our two-week stay, and reception changed us to room 514 which was bigger.
- Room 514: faces the street, so can be noisy. The garbage collection vehicles start around 5:00am - and you will know each one as they pass. We ended up closing the windows and sleeping with the A/C on.
26" Flat screen TV on the wall, all French channels -but hey! We're in France! Clothes closet in one corner. Bathroom with confusing shower / bath controls, but they work in the end. Bathroom window has frosted glass and no curtains, office staff across the road must get some sights!
- Breakfast: is in the basement and has all you would need. If the scrambled eggs or bacon are all gone, you can ask for more to be made. Croissants, cereals, bread, coffee, juice all provided.
- Location: The location is superb. Avenue de Malakoff is one street back from Avenue de la Grande Armee which has many cafes and restaurants. It is a two minute walk to the Metro Line 1. There is a grocery and pharmacy across the street .
- Facilities: The free WiFi internet access is a bit sketchy in 514. However it worked well enough for our stay. You are told that you need to renew your access every 24 hours - but it is 24 hours of use, and not 24 hours since the code was generated. So one code lasted us 12 nights. It seems that they have blocked VPN usage - so I couldn't log on to my corporate network from there.
The elevator is small and cosy. It says it has an occupancy of four - you will all know each other very well by the time you travel from reception to the fifth floor. Two suitcases and one person - it's full.
The tiny garden to the rear has some tables - but really it's just a smokers area.
- Staff: are very good. The receptionists are there 24/7, and very friendly. They can offer any advice visitors will need. The staff in the breakfast room were also very good, we were given detailed directions on how to get to the flea markets by them. The housekeepers are very good, they change sheets and towels when needed.

We loved the place, the hotel, Paris. We will be back.
Hugh and Louise Evans / August 2011.

Room Tip: Rooms differ in size - and noise levels depending on front or back of building. 514 is front and nicely sized.
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Thank you for your review of The Residence Impériale.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations and it is truly what sets the Residence Impériale apart from other chains hotels in Paris.I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show our improvment at the The Residence Impériale.