“Disappointment all round”

Residence Imperiale
Ranked #1,040 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Staying on business in Paris can force one to lower any sort of standards - and the Residence Imeriale is why. Hotels like this give the city a bad name.

Overall, during my 3 night/4 day stay, I found the hotel to be severely overpriced, provide poor basic customer service, dusty and dirty in the rooms, noisy with neighbours who woke me daily at 6:00am, and the shower to be a total joke - both in terms of size and pressure. I didn't feel very clean the entire stay. Honestly, the only positive I can think of is that it's in a relatively nice location and close to the metro.

So why a two star rating and not a one? Well, on my first morning they forgot my breakfast. Under a tight schedule, I went hungry. When I complained, I was rather rudely told that I should have phoned to check. This response is so full of basic customer service errors it baffles me on several levels. However, the desk manager on duty when I returned did apologize and made up for the error with the offer of a complimentary breakfast. Fair enough, mistakes happen. However, this did not make up for the poor shower, the noisy room (avoid 102), the dusty, dirty conditions and the overpriced rate.

My advice: give it a skip, look around a little and you'll find something better for the same or even a better price.

Room Tip: Avoid room 102.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback as they give us the opportunity to improve.
As a new Front Office Manager, i am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us, but i am realy surprise you didn't like room 102 as it is a quite superior room, with a view on the courtyard and far from the lift. Considering this room is on the ground floor, without any neighbours, i honestly have to say i can't imagine you have been woked up by someone at 6 am.
I am happy to know the Manager on Duty fixed our mistake during your staying. As you said, mistakes can happen even if we don't have to make one. Make sure i will talk about it during our next meeting.
At the end, i have to admit water pressure can sometimes be low, but on the 5th floor. We never had problems in room 102. We just need to had some pressure sometimes and we try to do it regulary at night to avoid it.
I do understand your disappointment but i find your rating a bit too hard with us. I would be happy, if you gave us the opportunity to change your mind for your next buisness trip.
Regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I had chosen this hotel because of its perfect location and attractive prices for Paris, but I will not go there again : my reservation was lost despite a written confirmation, I managed to get a room after 15 minutes. I had a well decorated room at the 4rth floor, quite noisy... and the elevator was broken.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry if we in any way fell short of fulfilling the experience you anticipated. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you offline to see where the expectation and reality may not have been a match. If you could share any details on what we could do in the future to ensure that we exceed your expectations, we would certainly be grateful.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

stayed here earlier this week for 3 days. perfect location. nice comfy bed. nice room. good shower. good staff. nice! for food go to the auberge dab around the corner...very good. plus also the hotel has a supermarket opposite which is very useful!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben G

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We found this hotel through Tripadvisor and found it was reasonably priced for Paris hotel and near Arc de Triomph. We booked directly from the hotel website and had free daily breakfast with our 3 nights stay. The breakfast was nice with toast, croissants, chocolate pastry, bacon, ham, cheese, scrambled eggs, cereal, fruits and fresh fruit juice. We were given a room on the 4th floor which had a comfortable queen size bed, large floor to ceiling windows where you could open to let in the cool air (no air-con as it was November when we stayed at the hotel & cold outside) and a LCD TV. The bathroom was a little cramped but had a bathtub. Staff at the reception desk were friendly and always greeted us with a smile. There is a Carrefour mini supermarket opposite the hotel which opens till about 10pm in the evening. Very convenient to stock up on mineral water or snacks. The nearest metro 'Porte Maillot' is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel and very convenient to take the metro to anywhere in Paris. You can even see the famous Arc de Triomph as you walk to the Porte Maillot metro station. We would walk to the Arc de Triomph from our hotel in just 15 minutes, just walk down Avenue de la Grande Armee one block from the hotel or you could take the metro from Porte Maillot to CDG Etoille (2 stations away). There is a bus stop in front of the hotel entrance where we took bus 82 to the Eiffel Tower. The bus stops are indicated on a panel inside the bus and you could easily know where to alight. The bus ride takes less than 15 minutes to reach directly at the foot of Eiffel Tower. Really convenient.

From CDG Paris Airport, we took the Air France Bus Line 2 (the bus stop is outside the terminal entrance) to Porte Maillot. It cost 17 euros per person one-way and the bus ride was around 45 minutes. The hotel is just about 5-7 minutes walk away. Once you alight at the Air France bus stop at Porte Maillot, walk straight ahead (in the direction where the bus was travelling), then turn left when you reach the roundabout and you will pass by the RER station Porte Maillot. Continue walking towards the right side and you will pass by some restaurants. Cross the traffic light at the road called Avenue de la Grande Armee. After crossing the traffic light, follow the path towards the right and you will see the next road Avenue de Malakoff. Cross the traffic light here and walk to the left. The hotel is just 2 minutes walk from this traffic light. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wienprater

Thank you for your review of The Residence Impériale.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations and it is truly what sets the Residence Impériale apart from other chains hotels in Paris.I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Residence Impériale truly is.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed for 3 nights & have no complaints. From arrival the staff at reception were very helpful & friendly. The rooms are typical of Paris - small but acceptable. The breakfast room is small but adequate, but does get warm. Good choice of nice restaurants nearby, as is the metro.

Room Tip: Go high to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 4 July 2012

The hotel is in an excellent position for the Palais de Congres where I was attending an exhibition. The entrance is nicely done and the receptionist very polite and helpful. The bedroom part of my room was not too bad, it was on the 5th floor so nice and quiet, but when you look a bit closer it is a bit tired. The shelves in the wardrobe were a monument to sealant and looked terrible.

However what really let this place down for me was the bathroom. The shower did pass two of my tests, hot water at a constant temperature and firmly fixed to the wall but failed with a huge leak from the pipe to the head. The loo roll fitting was half off the wall, so I could actually see one of the rawlplugs. The bath itself look liked it had had an argument with a big axe, a bit psycho but without Janet Leigh with bit slice cut into it, and the loo seat was in such a state that I wondered, with some dread, what the dark bits on it were, luckily to substrate to the white coating and nothing more sinister.

So only 3 stars from me I am afraid, could be 4 with a bit of DIY. I didn't try to the breakfast (€15 apparently) so cannot comment on that.

Lastly it's about a 10 minute walk to the Arc de Triomphe just round the corner.

Room Tip: High up is quiet
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank C4LWX

Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and this is absolutely central to our service ethos.We have noted this,
Rest assured that everything has been followed up with my team and we had made improvment in our rooms.
I very much hope that you will consider trying us once more.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I found myself with 2 nights to spend in Paris on my own, I spent one night and this hotel and wish I could've spent more! It was a great location for the price, the room was clean and modern and the receptionist was very polite and helpful. The only issue was the shower leaked slightly but I've experience this in most French hotels, it wasn't a big issue for only one night. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and am disappointed that it is fully booked for my next trip to Paris.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Clloco
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 30 December 2013

Thank you for letting me know about your experience. I am glad that you are pleased with your stay overall and hope you are looking forward to a return visit.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Batignolles-Monceau
Villa Brunel
#844 of 1,804 in Paris
Hotel du Roule
#4 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to Residence Imperiale? Share your experiences!