“Worth the money”

Residence Imperiale
Ranked #1,044 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

The room was small, but thats what you have to expect at this price. Everything else was fine, overall a decent hotel. The location is good also. If you have to travel from/to in Beauvais airport, the airport bus leaves just across the street. That was the main reason we chose this hotel. Its a 15 to 20 minutes walk from the eiffel tower and other major attractions. The Subway station is just across the street as well.

• Stayed: September 2012
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Residence Impériale Hotel, even if i find your rating a bit hard with us. I can understand you might not be use with the parisian room size, but we also have some superior room and some triple rooms even larger. Maybe you could change your mind in a superior room.
Please do come and join us again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We ready all the reviews before booking this hotel, most have a point to some extent.
We booked and asked for a room on the top floor, 515.
On the plus points the check in and staff were excellent - faultless in fact, even recommending some decent places to eat that were reasonable cost but excellent taste. ok the room wasnt the largest but it was deathly quiet and it was hard to believe we were in the middle of Paris.
On the negative though the room was slightly tired (bath chipped etc) but it was dirty in several areas on light fittings etc etc. Overall Id still go back here as it in in an ideal location and the management just need to get a grip of housekeeping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ronnie M,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and this is absolutely central to our service ethos.We have noted this,
I am most concerned about your room, and as a new Front Office Manager, one of my priority is housekeeping service. I do make a daily control in 2 or 3 rooms each day to make them concerned about their work. Another of my priority is to take time to answer to our guests, so sorry for the delay.
Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that this has been followed up with my team.
I very much hope that I can persuade you to consider trying us once more.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Staying on business in Paris can force one to lower any sort of standards - and the Residence Imeriale is why. Hotels like this give the city a bad name.

Overall, during my 3 night/4 day stay, I found the hotel to be severely overpriced, provide poor basic customer service, dusty and dirty in the rooms, noisy with neighbours who woke me daily at 6:00am, and the shower to be a total joke - both in terms of size and pressure. I didn't feel very clean the entire stay. Honestly, the only positive I can think of is that it's in a relatively nice location and close to the metro.

So why a two star rating and not a one? Well, on my first morning they forgot my breakfast. Under a tight schedule, I went hungry. When I complained, I was rather rudely told that I should have phoned to check. This response is so full of basic customer service errors it baffles me on several levels. However, the desk manager on duty when I returned did apologize and made up for the error with the offer of a complimentary breakfast. Fair enough, mistakes happen. However, this did not make up for the poor shower, the noisy room (avoid 102), the dusty, dirty conditions and the overpriced rate.

My advice: give it a skip, look around a little and you'll find something better for the same or even a better price.

Room Tip: Avoid room 102.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback as they give us the opportunity to improve.
As a new Front Office Manager, i am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us, but i am realy surprise you didn't like room 102 as it is a quite superior room, with a view on the courtyard and far from the lift. Considering this room is on the ground floor, without any neighbours, i honestly have to say i can't imagine you have been woked up by someone at 6 am.
I am happy to know the Manager on Duty fixed our mistake during your staying. As you said, mistakes can happen even if we don't have to make one. Make sure i will talk about it during our next meeting.
At the end, i have to admit water pressure can sometimes be low, but on the 5th floor. We never had problems in room 102. We just need to had some pressure sometimes and we try to do it regulary at night to avoid it.
I do understand your disappointment but i find your rating a bit too hard with us. I would be happy, if you gave us the opportunity to change your mind for your next buisness trip.
Regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I had chosen this hotel because of its perfect location and attractive prices for Paris, but I will not go there again : my reservation was lost despite a written confirmation, I managed to get a room after 15 minutes. I had a well decorated room at the 4rth floor, quite noisy... and the elevator was broken.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry if we in any way fell short of fulfilling the experience you anticipated. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you offline to see where the expectation and reality may not have been a match. If you could share any details on what we could do in the future to ensure that we exceed your expectations, we would certainly be grateful.

Reviewed 13 December 2012

stayed here earlier this week for 3 days. perfect location. nice comfy bed. nice room. good shower. good staff. nice! for food go to the auberge dab around the corner...very good. plus also the hotel has a supermarket opposite which is very useful!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Ben G

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future

Reviewed 3 December 2012

We found this hotel through Tripadvisor and found it was reasonably priced for Paris hotel and near Arc de Triomph. We booked directly from the hotel website and had free daily breakfast with our 3 nights stay. The breakfast was nice with toast, croissants, chocolate pastry, bacon, ham, cheese, scrambled eggs, cereal, fruits and fresh fruit juice. We were given a room on the 4th floor which had a comfortable queen size bed, large floor to ceiling windows where you could open to let in the cool air (no air-con as it was November when we stayed at the hotel & cold outside) and a LCD TV. The bathroom was a little cramped but had a bathtub. Staff at the reception desk were friendly and always greeted us with a smile. There is a Carrefour mini supermarket opposite the hotel which opens till about 10pm in the evening. Very convenient to stock up on mineral water or snacks. The nearest metro 'Porte Maillot' is less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel and very convenient to take the metro to anywhere in Paris. You can even see the famous Arc de Triomph as you walk to the Porte Maillot metro station. We would walk to the Arc de Triomph from our hotel in just 15 minutes, just walk down Avenue de la Grande Armee one block from the hotel or you could take the metro from Porte Maillot to CDG Etoille (2 stations away). There is a bus stop in front of the hotel entrance where we took bus 82 to the Eiffel Tower. The bus stops are indicated on a panel inside the bus and you could easily know where to alight. The bus ride takes less than 15 minutes to reach directly at the foot of Eiffel Tower. Really convenient.

From CDG Paris Airport, we took the Air France Bus Line 2 (the bus stop is outside the terminal entrance) to Porte Maillot. It cost 17 euros per person one-way and the bus ride was around 45 minutes. The hotel is just about 5-7 minutes walk away. Once you alight at the Air France bus stop at Porte Maillot, walk straight ahead (in the direction where the bus was travelling), then turn left when you reach the roundabout and you will pass by the RER station Porte Maillot. Continue walking towards the right side and you will pass by some restaurants. Cross the traffic light at the road called Avenue de la Grande Armee. After crossing the traffic light, follow the path towards the right and you will see the next road Avenue de Malakoff. Cross the traffic light here and walk to the left. The hotel is just 2 minutes walk from this traffic light. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wienprater

Thank you for your review of The Residence Impériale.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations and it is truly what sets the Residence Impériale apart from other chains hotels in Paris.I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Residence Impériale truly is.

Reviewed 29 September 2012

Stayed for 3 nights & have no complaints. From arrival the staff at reception were very helpful & friendly. The rooms are typical of Paris - small but acceptable. The breakfast room is small but adequate, but does get warm. Good choice of nice restaurants nearby, as is the metro.

Room Tip: Go high to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Fertel Maillot
#244 of 1,809 in Paris
Hotel Les Jardins de la Villa
Hotel Charlemagne
#3 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to Residence Imperiale? Share your experiences!