“Great breakfast and location”

Residence Imperiale
Ranked #1,040 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 27 July 2013 via mobile

The room is a bit small but the service was excellent. The location is great, too, walking distance to all the central attractions and a minute away from some great restaurants. Breakfast was incredible with freshly squeezed orange juice and the tastiest croissants.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Eve000900
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 24 December 2013

Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback and I will pass this along to our team.
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay in the Residence Impériale. I will inform our breakfast man, Roger, about your satisfaction. It is important for us to provid a large choice on our buffet breakfast to start the day on a good mood!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Merry christmas to you.

Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

Nice clean hotel. Great location along the metro line, accessible to many of the main Paris attractions. Helpful staff. Overall wonderful experience. Would highly recommend it to others. Nice cheap breakfast close by.

• Stayed: June 2013
1  Thank DocDNA
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 25 December 2013

Thanks a lot for this nice comment.
We are 5 away from the Arch of Triumph and the Champs Elysées, and i am happy to know it was one of the reason you choose us for your parisian staying. Glad you appreciate the all staff and your room, they work hard daily to try to satisfy everybody.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

I am from New York City and have been to Paris twice. My first trip was in August 2012 for 2 weeks. I hotel hopped looking for the right hotel and the second week I found Residence Imperiale. My intention was to stay for two nights. Needless to say I stayed an entire week at this hotel. Residence Imperial is not a hotel. It is more like a large house with a welcoming family. I just recently came back from my second trip to Paris only this time brought my Mother along for mother's day. We stayed for three weeks at this hotel. Mind you we had reservations at two other hotels but canceled them because Mother did NOT want to leave this place.

The Location: Each time I mentioned we stayed in the 16th Arrondissement at Port Maillot the reply is always "OH WOW! That is the best neighborhood in Paris". The more I stay at this hotel the more i realize this is true. Here is what is right outside the front door of the hotel.
Eiffel Tower: 15 min. walk
Eiffel Tower: 15 min. walk
Arc De Triomphe: 10 min. walk
Palais Des Congrès: Across the street (which houses about 5 of Paris' best lounges/nightclubs).

Transportation: The M1 (yellow) line / RER is literally across the street. If you know Paris metro you know the M1 line is the best / main line that connects you to every stop from the Champs Elysees to, The Louvre, to Notre Dame, to Palace de Versailles (on the RER)

The Service: By far my favorite part of staying at the hotel. The receptionists were the most welcoming of any hotel i've ever been in. Not only are they thorough but they actually LOVE when tourists come in and guiding them to just where they want to go. And will hand you an umbrella out the door on a rainy day. Everyone who worked there treated my mother like a princess which is all that I can ask for. Even down to the little things like "I notice you are a software developer Ra'Shaun so I printed extra wifi passwords since you will be needing more than the average guest". VERY considerate.

The Room The rooms are always cleaned around your schedule and they all have 8 feet french doors. (You even get a balcony If you're lucky enough to be on the second floor). Also I've never met a more friendly chamber maid who doesn't get upset when you are jet lagged and don't want your room cleaned until the afternoon.

The Food: Around the corner is about 20 restaurants on the walk to Arc De Triomphe ranging from your mom and pop dinner to "Must wear a coat and tie" places to eat of various pricing.
There is also a grocery store literally on the same block.
Oh and FYI be sure to have AT LEAST one breakfast at the hotel. The croissants and freshly squeezed orange juice are some of the best i've tasted in Paris. Tell Chartyl Ra'Shaun sent you. He'll make a great omelette for you.

It may sound like I work at the place the way I rave on it. I do not. I just have never been in a place that was so welcoming.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank snuggsi

Dear Mr Snuggsi,
I cannot thank you enough for sharing this great review with us. As a new Front Office Manager it makes me even more proud to know that we have ladies and gentleman that give their genuine best to our guest and that it makes that important difference when choosing hotels. Thank you for your continued loyalty and we look forward to seeing you many times in the future.

Reviewed 8 May 2013 via mobile

The room was small, but thats what you have to expect at this price. Everything else was fine, overall a decent hotel. The location is good also. If you have to travel from/to in Beauvais airport, the airport bus leaves just across the street. That was the main reason we chose this hotel. Its a 15 to 20 minutes walk from the eiffel tower and other major attractions. The Subway station is just across the street as well.

• Stayed: September 2012

Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Residence Impériale Hotel, even if i find your rating a bit hard with us. I can understand you might not be use with the parisian room size, but we also have some superior room and some triple rooms even larger. Maybe you could change your mind in a superior room.
Please do come and join us again soon.
Kind regards,

Reviewed 28 April 2013

We ready all the reviews before booking this hotel, most have a point to some extent.
We booked and asked for a room on the top floor, 515.
On the plus points the check in and staff were excellent - faultless in fact, even recommending some decent places to eat that were reasonable cost but excellent taste. ok the room wasnt the largest but it was deathly quiet and it was hard to believe we were in the middle of Paris.
On the negative though the room was slightly tired (bath chipped etc) but it was dirty in several areas on light fittings etc etc. Overall Id still go back here as it in in an ideal location and the management just need to get a grip of housekeeping.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple

Dear Ronnie M,
Thank you so much for your kind feedback which is genuinely appreciated as we use this to review what improvements we can make to our product and service. I am delighted to note that you felt that you were looked after by our team in general very well and this is absolutely central to our service ethos.We have noted this,
I am most concerned about your room, and as a new Front Office Manager, one of my priority is housekeeping service. I do make a daily control in 2 or 3 rooms each day to make them concerned about their work. Another of my priority is to take time to answer to our guests, so sorry for the delay.
Please accept my sincere apologies and rest assured that this has been followed up with my team.
I very much hope that I can persuade you to consider trying us once more.

Reviewed 28 March 2013

Staying on business in Paris can force one to lower any sort of standards - and the Residence Imeriale is why. Hotels like this give the city a bad name.

Overall, during my 3 night/4 day stay, I found the hotel to be severely overpriced, provide poor basic customer service, dusty and dirty in the rooms, noisy with neighbours who woke me daily at 6:00am, and the shower to be a total joke - both in terms of size and pressure. I didn't feel very clean the entire stay. Honestly, the only positive I can think of is that it's in a relatively nice location and close to the metro.

So why a two star rating and not a one? Well, on my first morning they forgot my breakfast. Under a tight schedule, I went hungry. When I complained, I was rather rudely told that I should have phoned to check. This response is so full of basic customer service errors it baffles me on several levels. However, the desk manager on duty when I returned did apologize and made up for the error with the offer of a complimentary breakfast. Fair enough, mistakes happen. However, this did not make up for the poor shower, the noisy room (avoid 102), the dusty, dirty conditions and the overpriced rate.

My advice: give it a skip, look around a little and you'll find something better for the same or even a better price.

Room Tip: Avoid room 102.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your review. We certainly appreciate any and all feedback as they give us the opportunity to improve.
As a new Front Office Manager, i am sorry to hear you didn't enjoy your experience with us, but i am realy surprise you didn't like room 102 as it is a quite superior room, with a view on the courtyard and far from the lift. Considering this room is on the ground floor, without any neighbours, i honestly have to say i can't imagine you have been woked up by someone at 6 am.
I am happy to know the Manager on Duty fixed our mistake during your staying. As you said, mistakes can happen even if we don't have to make one. Make sure i will talk about it during our next meeting.
At the end, i have to admit water pressure can sometimes be low, but on the 5th floor. We never had problems in room 102. We just need to had some pressure sometimes and we try to do it regulary at night to avoid it.
I do understand your disappointment but i find your rating a bit too hard with us. I would be happy, if you gave us the opportunity to change your mind for your next buisness trip.
Regards,

Reviewed 24 December 2012

I had chosen this hotel because of its perfect location and attractive prices for Paris, but I will not go there again : my reservation was lost despite a written confirmation, I managed to get a room after 15 minutes. I had a well decorated room at the 4rth floor, quite noisy... and the elevator was broken.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Thank you for your review. We are very sorry if we in any way fell short of fulfilling the experience you anticipated. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this with you offline to see where the expectation and reality may not have been a match. If you could share any details on what we could do in the future to ensure that we exceed your expectations, we would certainly be grateful.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Paris
Batignolles-Monceau
Villa Brunel
#844 of 1,804 in Paris
Hotel du Roule
#4 of 8 in Neuilly-sur-Seine

Been to Residence Imperiale? Share your experiences!