“Review of stay at Residence Imperiale in Paris”

Residence Imperiale
Ranked #930 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Augusta, Georgia
“Review of stay at Residence Imperiale in Paris”
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I had to book my stay quickly as it was a family emergency trip. I left from Georgia and arrived in Paris early the next morning. The staff allowed me to check in very early and I was easily able to see my daughter and help out in her health issue. I then had to extend my stay and the staff was, again, quite accomodating.
The hotel room was large, very clean and had several amenities I was not expecting. The huge daily breakfast, included in the price, was a special treat as well! My room was tidied up daily, fresh towels always and the staff was proactive in helping me with taxi reservations and even suggesting dining options within walking distance.
I would not hesitate to stay there again or to recommend to others. All the staff were professional and courteous.
A great stay for sure!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
I cannot thank you enough for sharing this great review with us. As Front Office Manager it makes me even more proud to know that we have ladies and gentleman that give their genuine best to our guest and that it makes that important difference when choosing hotels. Thank you and we look forward to seeing you many times in the future.
Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Lausanne, Switzerland
Reviewed 9 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed in December at the hotel and I was really amazed to find such a place in the 16th district of Paris.

It is well located with different means of transport like buses and metro just at the feet of the hotel.

Furthermore, walking distance from the hotel are many restaurants where to treat yourself for a good lunch or dinner.

Regarding the room, it was small but clean and convenient with amenities in the bathroom which I was not expecting!

The breakfast in the common room offers you a large choice and is really tasty.

The staff was also so nice and kind always offering help or advice in a polite and smiling manner.

If you are looking for a good hotel, value for money and well located this is the right place.

Stayed December 2013
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this review, 17 March 2014
Thank you for your review of The Residence Impériale.
I was very happy to read that you enjoyed the service delivered by our team; they do constantly strive to exceed all our guests’ expectations and it is truly what sets the Residence Impériale apart from other chains hotels in Paris.I do sincerely hope that we will see you again, and have the opportunity to show you how great The Residence Impériale truly is.
belgrade
Reviewed 14 February 2014

I stayed with my boyfriend in Residence Imperiale hotel- and we had great time.

Reservation : We booked through tripadvisor ( SPECIAL OFFER- free breakfast ) , and payed less than we expected. So iti is definitely value for the money-and much more. We did not have any problems with paying or booking process .

Room : Modern room , with small closet , but still more than enough for us.
Safe deposit in the room, very handy , and also mini fridge.
Bed is huge and very good pillows .

Breakfast : Continental buffet, hot and cold, lot of options to choose among, really good cheese and perfect jam in very cute small jars . Enjoyable dining room . Worth to be paid, although we got it free with tripadvisor.
NOTE that you better be there early for breakfast- as we once eat around 10 :30 a.m. and kitchen staff started to clean and remove food while we were stil eating, which was not pleasant at all, and we were within their breakfast hours, just later than usual. Also, that day ( Sunday) were not served eggs and bacon - guess it was late for that also ? Maybe they should warn guests about this.

WI-FI : Good

Staff: Polite, good English, 24h reception desk .Two times we asked for printing e-tickets , and they did it without hesitation, and it really meant a lot. Thanks!

Location : Worked great for us ! 2 minutes from Metro , and 5 minutues to Porte Maillot where busses stop from Beauvais airoport ( low cost flights) .
Safe and modern neibourghood.

Cleanliness : Very clean. There is sign on the door that says "please clean our room" - and even when we didnt put it out - maid cleaned the room. But we have never been disturbed, even though we stayed for a long time inside.
Bonus : Great toiletries , very french :)

What could be improved :

There is only one English speaking tv channel ( CNN )
There is only one socket in the room and far away from the bed ( it was difficult to charge our cell phones and other devices )
Room is so overheated . I guess it is better than to be cold ( it is winter time ) but it is still too hot . We couldnt sleep with open window, and when window is closed - it is soon overheated.
In the room is possible to turn off heat ( we found out that second day) , but even with heat turned off - still too hot overnight.

Overall impression :

Great manager and all staff, very pleasant , safe and efficent stay, great breakfast , good location.
We would ( and will) stay here again !

PS Paris is wonderful even during winter time.

Room Tip: Hotel is refurbished, forget about old pictures - go to their website to see how it is now. It is...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thank you for taking the time to leave your kind words following your recent stay with us at The Residence Impériale Hotel. I was glad to read that we met your expectations and that you also liked the attentive service we provide which makes this a special place to stay. Please do come and join us again soon.
I agree the staff shouldn't start clean the room while you are still here, this is so unpolite. Make sure i will talk to them, from my personal opinion, it should never happen.
I would like to infom you we have more than 1 plug in every room, you just probably didn't see them.
Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 January 2014

Everything you want from a hotel is here: a welcoming and knowledgeable receptionist, a nice fitted room, good breakfast and a location close enough from the Trocadero and some of the tourists attractions.
The hotel may not appear fancy but it is good value for money, especially in Paris.

Beds in the room are amazing. Windows are double glazed and while the bathroom is a little bit small, you won't feel claustrophobic in the room.

Tube and RER are only a 5minute walk.
+If you are a fan of Claude Monet, you will only be 15 minutes away from the Musee Marmottan.

Room Tip: We had a room facing the street and slept perfectly thanks to the double glazed windows.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Thanks a lot for this nice comment. We are 5 min away from the Arch of Triumph and the Champs Elysées, and i am happy to know it was one of the reason you choose us for your parisian staying.Glad you appreciate the all staff and your room, they work hard daily to try to satisfy everybody.
Hope to see you again,
Beroun, Czech Republic
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Hotel has great location close to the Arc de Triomphe and the congress centre. You can make a short walk to see all Parisian highlights such as Eiffel Tower, Seine, Arc de Triomphe, Champs Elysees or Hotel des Invalides. Next to the hotel there is bus, train and metro station. You can get very quickly direct from and to the airport.

Rooms are very nice, quiet and clean. They are basicly equiped but there is nothing more needed. Breakfast was also great. Many options what to choose - from salty to sweet meals - with traditional french croissants.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
laurent P, Responsable réception at Residence Imperiale, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms. I will be sure to share your compliments with the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 23 October 2013

I stayed here for the weekend while attending a convention.
It was a nice stay, the room looked out onto the street but it wasnt overly noisy. You could see the Eiffel Tower top at night, and the light going round. It was pretty amazing. I was in 412.

The room was stuffy as was the hallway. I couldnt really get the cooler to work but i opened the windows and it made it better. It was a nice room, modern, and large.

I didnt have breakfast as i was so busy even though i had it free with a tripadvisor discount.

Staff were nice, they spoke good english and were helpful. You have to ask for a wifi coupon valid for your stay. But the wifi was quite good.

Overall, it was a great location to the Arc and Champs Elysee's. Very Parisian feel to it. I would stay here again, as it was the cheapest going round for a weekend.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Toni F
Dear Tonestar24,

Thank you and we look forward to seeing you many times in the future.

We wish you all a merry christman.
United States
Reviewed 7 October 2013

After a week on a barge trip on the Loire Canal, my wife and I and two other couples spent three delightful days in Paris doing the sights and staying at the Residence Imperiale. The hotel is in the center of the city, very close to the Champs Elysees. There are a Metro station, super market and several good restaurants nearby.
The staff are competent, friendly and helpful. The rooms are well appointed and the beds are very comfortable. Last but not least, the Residence's breakfast is definitely four star!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Dear lewfr,

The entire team of the Residence Impériale wish you a wonderfull X-mas and a happy new year.