“You pay for the location, not the service or quality of the room.”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #301 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“You pay for the location, not the service or quality of the room.”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I love staying in Marriotts. I always choose them wherever I travel because I can count on the quality and excellent service they provide. But I would not choose to stay here again, given the opportunity. The hotel's room was quite small and under proportioned for the price I paid to stay there. The staff was friendly and willing to help but when I called to see about a different room I was told that I had accepted the room at check in and there was no reason to move me. I was disapointed when everything in the hotel was a la carte. You would figure in this day and age you would at least get free wireless internet in the room and there wasn't an executive lounge to be found. The business center was nice but I wasn't in the mood to check email at 12 Euro an hour after spending 400 Euro for the night. The location is incredible. The shopping experience you can have in the immediate vacinity is the greatest in all of Paris and you are extremely close to the Metro to go anywhere in Paris. If you don't mind walking, just turn left out the door and walk down to the Louvre or turn right for the Arch de Triumph. But if you are looking for Parisian charm, this is not the right place. Glitzy and gaudy are better descriptions of the surrounding area. For the money there are better places to stay that provide the service afforded at this price range. I would look to stay with them before coming back here. It is a shame because I do generally like Marriotts.

Room Tip: Ask to see the room before accepting, ensuring you have the right of first refusal for being placed...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank jjhgillam

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong
Reviewed 27 March 2012

First of all, location is excellent, to get that out of the way. Entrance off of the Champs Élysées, impressive lobby if lacking a bit of personality. Service was good except for mixed experience with concierge one of whose only sin was to not seem to care or be interested. Room was good sized for Paris, fixtures and decorations all new and modern for Paris, bed was very comfortable. Two iPod speakers a nice touch. Gym was very small with 1 treadmill 1 elliptical 1 bike and a rack of dumbells, but was empty both times I went - free Evian and fizzy bottled juice was a nice touch.

And the issues: initially I was very pleased to find that my room had one of those typical parisian mini-balconies which looked out onto the street behind the hotel (rue de ponthieu I believe). However it turned into a curse when I discovered that there is a nightclub on the ground floor when I was awoken by the clubbing crowd spilling onto the street below my window at 4am screaming and yelling. This continued onto almost 6am. On a Tuesday night. If you stay at this hotel, be advised to avoid the rooms that overlook this street (rooms ending in approximately 30-35 I think). The other notable issue was the lack of clearing room service dishes and other rubbish left outside the rooms in the hallway - I passed the same dirty finished dinner no less than 4 times yesterday.

On a business trip I was pretty happy with the hotel, the comfortability of the bed, and the location. The lack of sleep was a major issue though. I would not recommend for those looking for a romantic Paris holiday - the hotel lacks charm, not to mention the gaggle of tech conference attendees who I imagine would also kill the mood if I were there with my wife rather than my work laptop.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank heehorse
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 15 March 2012

The best part of this hotel is definitely the location! You are in the heart of Paris, situated near a key Metro stop and also hop on hop off pick up spots. The room was nice, with a very large bathroom full of amenities. There is also a fitness room that provides free bottled water, soda, and apples. The equipment was sparse, but we never saw anyone else in there so it was not a problem. The lobby is spacious and there were nice touches throughout, including throwbacks to the former purpose of the building - a Louis Vuitton factory. As the food in Paris is very expensive, we chose not to eat in the hotel, but there are numerous eateries in the surrounding area. We also went to a local supermarket one night, which provided a pleasant meal in the room away from the hustle and bustle of the city. There are doormen stationed outside the hotel, but they never once greeted us or even cracked a smile. Perhaps they are just there for security and not customer service. The only other glitch encountered during our stay was the extremely late turn down service. The first night, we were exhausted from jetlag and sightseeing and we were already asleep when they knocked on the door at nearly 10. They did not identify themselves, and when I said we didn't want anything it took a while for them to go away. We were prepared the rest of the nights, as service continued to be provided around that time. The main draw of this hotel is definitely the location, and I think that is what you pay for. The price is certainly not indicative of customer service or anything else extraordinary that one might expect.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the atrium are quieter.
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
7 Thank anonymous9257
Birmingham
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I have only fabulous comments to make about this Marriott. Perfect location, very close to Metro Line 1 FDR stop. The staff were alway extremely helpful and kind. Room turn down service at night, very clean rooms. We requested an interior room due to other reviews and that was a wise choice. We had the breakfast buffet every morning ( I think it's free for many Marriott Rewards Members) and of course that was wonderful as well. I would highly recommend this hotel

• Stayed March 2012
Reviewed 8 March 2012

The hotel is right in the middle of "Avenue des Champs-Elysées" and has its own parking with direct access to the hotel. So the location couldn't be better in Paris.

The lobby is particularly beautiful and the service was flawless all the way.

The room was spacious, with a great bed and with iPod connector. The room service quality was also of high standard. The breaskfast was also amazing.

The only thing I would point out is not having free-wifi these days.

Definitely a hotel to stay in and come back if you love Paris, as I do.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank PedroWM
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 4 March 2012

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving at the Marriott Champs d'Elysee. The staff was very accomodating and wanted us to enjoy the American holiday although we were abroad.

• Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
Chicago, IL, USA
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I recently stayed for five nights while on a European vacation. The hotel has a great location right on the Champs Élysées. I had an upgraded room which was quite spacious with separate sitting area. The only complaint about the room itself was that it overlooked the lobby courtyard. Despite this, the room was amazingly quiet just never wanted to open curtains as people in the lobby could definitely see into the room. As a Marriott Rewards member, we had free Internet and full morning breakfast buffet which was quite tasty. Concierge was well-informed and helpful. Room service was efficient and tasty with many options, even in the middle of the night.

• Stayed February 2012