“Wonderful hotel great experience”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #290 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Wonderful hotel great experience”
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I spent 2 nights at this hotel and thoroughly enjoyed my stay. From the moment I stepped through the front doors to the time of my check out, the staff were friendly, courteous, and incredibly helpful. I was given a lovely room that included breakfast and both the accommodations and the food exceeded my expectations. Yes, the food is expensive in the lobby restaurant, but the portions were good and the taste was wonderful. The location can't be beat and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling to one of the most incredibly beautiful cities in the world !

Room Tip: You can't lose with the location and the service
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (322)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights in march for work. Great and friendly check in. Efficient and speedy.

Room was nice, clean, but nothing overly special. Overall, it was very expensive at over 300 euros per night, and it has to be the location, minutes from the arc de triumph and lots of shopping around.

Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
South Texas
Reviewed 28 March 2014

I was apprehensive after reading reviews posted about this property, knowing I already had reservations for three rooms. This hotel is very nice and has a very friendly and attentive staff. I had read that the whole lobby was reserved for a certain group of people and that wasn't true during our stay. Breakfast was expensive, however, a few doors down is a Paul's where you can get great coffee and pastries. All three rooms were beautiful with comfortable beds and there wasn't a hint of cigarette smoke.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 March 2014

I took my girlfriend for a stay here for valentines day and loved it, the hotel was lovely, very well presented, the bar area where you wait to check in had a lovely glass domed ceiling and was a lovely place to wait for service or just pass a few minutes.

I cant personally understand guests complaining about the cost of the breakfast. Its a marriott, not a holiday inn. you are getting what you pay for, no one is forcing you to pay so again i cant understand the problem.

the rooms were fine and we love marriott beds... there really isnt anything like them. the staff were very friendly and the concierge came up with great recommendations for us on both our nights out.

I love this hotel, I will definitely return, the location of the hotel is amazing. As a personal tip from the concierge to me to you, Charbon rouge is a steak house about 2 minutes walk from the hotel. amazing!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank chrisito58
Guest R, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear Chrisito58,

From the bottom of my heart, I thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. It is a pleasure to know that you and your girlfriend will keep good memories from the "City of Love" on Valentine's Day.

We all very much look forward to welcoming you back, hopefully in the near future, and I remain at your service for any assistance.

Bien cordialement,

Tel: +33 (0) 1.53.93.55.17
Email: estelle.hoglund@marriotthotels.com
Groton, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 March 2014

We stayed as a couple there for our 25 wedding anniversary a year ago as part of a three week trip to Europe. In hindsight, it may have been the best decision we made on our trip. We found the staff to be friendly professional and extremely helpful. I'm attaching an appreciation letter we recently sent out to the hotel.

Dear Marriott Guest Services

In February and March of 2013, my wife and I celebrated our twenty-fifth wedding anniversary with a trip to Europe that included a stay at The Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees. We have had a busy year since we returned, but we couldn’t let it pass without taking a moment to express our gratitude to Marriott and the hotel staff for our stay, it was wonderful!

The room was beautiful, with spectacular views off our balcony to the Champs-Elysees, Eifel Tower and The Arc of Triumph. This Marriott location put us perfectly in the middle of the places we wanted to experience in Paris on our anniversary and upon our arrival we parked the car and promptly forgot we had one (until it was time checkout). At night we took pleasant strolls past landmarks along the Champs-Elysees, in the morning we could jog through the parks along the Seine.

For the “big night” we were having dinner at the Eiffel Tower and that morning my wife inquired of Mr. Jeremie Bernstein (the Concierge) for a salon recommendation. Mr. Bernstein and the staff booked my wife (and I) at a great salon for later in the day, got us there and back and arranged for transportation to dinner that evening. For us, knowing the evening itinerary was settled was a relief, and it meant more (stress free) time to enjoy the sights of Paris and we took a walk down to the Louvre. Later that evening while getting ready for dinner my wife found she needed panty hose, (and time was a little short) Mr. Bernstein and staff had a runner pick up a pair of panty hose at a local store, when the panty hose were found to be the wrong type, the runner went (ran) back and exchanged them. We arrived at our reservation on time and had a wonderful, romantic evening. Later that night when we returned to our room, the staff had left a chocolate “Happy Anniversary” delicacy for our enjoyment, it was very nice!

These are a few instances of the many pleasant encounters we experienced with your friendly and professional staff throughout our stay, from the cleaning staff to the breakfast chef (who introduced us to dragon fruit), they really made our stay special!

Having never been oversees we were a little apprehensive about gambling this occasion on somewhere we had never been. Your staff succeeded 100% at making us feel welcomed, appreciated and very special guests on our very special occasion. We have never been treated to such superb hospitality and in hindsight, our stay at The Marriott Paris Champs-Elysees was easily the best decision we made when planning our trip.

Again we would like to thank Marriott, the Staff at The Marriott Paris, Champs-Elysees, and of course Mr. Bernstein, for giving us the anniversary of a lifetime!

Sharon and Shaun Sullivan end of letter:

Full disclosure, I'm a Marriott Rewards platinum member and stayed primarily on points but did pay for an upgrade (and thought we got every pennies worth). I think we mentioned it was our anniversary on the online booking form or maybe at check in and were pleasantly surprised at the response, we felt they more than fully acknowledged our occasion. Frankly, we had so many treats and bottles sent up to our room we didn't know what to do with them!

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank ShaunfSullivan
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

This Marriott has a superb location, and seemed to be excellent upon arrival. However, there are definite places they fall very short.

The price they quote for a bottom of the line room is three times what we paid, fortunately. The room size was fine, the mattress horrendous, and sagged to the middle as well as shaking each time one of us moved.

The wi-fi is terribly inadequate, and we could only get it with confidence in the bathroom and the lobby. And had to constantly verify room number and name each time it dropped us.

The breakfast was quoted at 32€ for continental. As you might guess, we went out every morning to a close by coffee shop for half the price for both of us.

The concierge had to be given our request for travel to the airport three separate times. Even then, we made sure we were there extra early to verify once again.

I would not stay here again, even though my husband is a high level Marriott customer. What a shame, so much potential, so disappointing.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank LeslieJaseph
Guest R, Executive Assistant to General Manager at Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear LeslieJaseph,

Thank you for sharing your valuable feedback, which we have carefully reviewed with our entire team here at the Marriott Champs Elyseés. We were all very sorry to learn of your overall disappointment with our hotel and services.

Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance to you, or if you would grant me a couple of minutes of your precious time to give me more details about your stay, so that I may pursue a full investigation of the issues you mentioned in your comments.

Your sincerely,

Tel: +33 (0) 1.53.93.55.17 Email: estelle.hoglund@marriotthotels.com
Irvine, California
Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is the most over valued hotel I have visited. I paid $700/night for a basic room. The room decor was old and tired. Other than time necessary, you would not want to stay in the room for one minute. Only good thing about this hotel is location. You can find other hotels (example Hotel California) at the same location at 1/2 the price.

Room Tip: Avoid the hotel
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank GMRWebTeamOwner
Guest R, Exective Assistant to General Manager at Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Sir,

It is with great sadness that we learnt of your disappointment with our hotel building and furniture. As the only 5-star hotel located right on the Avenue des Champs Elysées, it goes without saying that we strive to excel on all levels to ensure our guests a magical experience with us. I sincerely regret that we failed to live up to your expectations.

Thank you for your time and valuable comments.

Yours sincerely,