“Business trip - stay somewhere else”

Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel
Ranked #301 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersBronze level
Wichita, Kansas
“Business trip - stay somewhere else”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I was in Paris on business and, because of preferences of the others I was traveling with, we stayed at the Marriott on Champs-Elysees. The hotel was fine, but it's just a big hotel - no character. My first room was on the first floor and the shower didn't drain properly and flooded the entire bathroom floor. I talked to the front desk when I left to attend a meeting and was told it would be fixed and the room cleaned and "we are so sorry! We will leave some macarons and wine for your return." When I returned to the hotel at around 11:00 that evening not only had the problem not been fixed, but the wet towels I had used to mop up the floor in the first place were still sitting in the middle of the floor. When I went to the front desk again, they offered to send someone to repair it (Really? It was 11 p.m. and they hadn't managed to repair it in the 10 hours I'd been gone). I declined and asked to be given a different room. To the credit of the young woman at the concierge desk, she came to my room with a luggage cart to help relocate me, and I did return the next evening to find wine and macarons in my room. Still, I would choose a different hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank dbbourland
Guest R, Executive Assistant at Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear dbbourland,

Our goal is to provide each guest with excellent service, it was to our great disappointment to learn that we were not able to achieve this with you. Our director of Operations shall personally take actions and continue training our staff.

Please feel free to contact me if I may be of any assistance to you.
Yours sincerely,
Estelle

Executive Assistant
Marriott Hotel Champs Elysees

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (318)
  • Arabic first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 18 June 2014 via mobile

We spent five lovely days/nights at this beautiful hotel. It is in the center of everything and conveniently located to shops, dining, and clubs. The rooms are very expensive and not super big, but they are beautifully appointed and very clean. The staff was extremely helpful and made excellent dining suggestions. The breakfast at the hotel was also excellent; the buffet even included champagne and Bloody Marys! We enjoyed our stay very much!

• Stayed June 2014
Guest R, Guest Services at Paris Marriott Champs Elysees Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Megeauxtiger,

I thank you so much for the kind rating you gave us. I was truly glad to read that you had a lovely stay in our hotel, and I cannot express my gratitude enough regarding your recognition of our staff. Nothing gives us more satisfaction than your satisfaction.

We truly hope to see you again at the Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysées!

I remain at your service.

Kind regards,

Laurent Pardo
Guest Services
Paris Marriott Hotel Champs Elysées
70 avenue des Champs Elysées 75008 Paris
Tel: +33 (0) 1.53.93.55.00
Port of Spain, Trinidad
Reviewed 16 June 2014

The location is excellent; 3 blocks from the Arc and in sight. The service is first class. A premium American brand you can trust with all he European flair added.

Our room was fantastic, not the small European rooms you always hear about. It was overlooking the Champs Élysées.

The concierge was able to get a a last minute booking at one the best restaurants in the city.

Thanks to Solene and the rest of the team for making our visit memorable.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the Ave are great but you may hear a little street noise. It did not bother us
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Trinigabe
Voorhees, New Jersey
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Perfected located hotel for a visit to Paris. The room was beautiful and a nice size, but what set the hotel apart was the attentive service. Didn't like the pillow - no problem, new pillow arrived within moments. Problem accessing the internet, no worries, someone was at our door immediately. Extra towels, more water, shower caps, whatever the request, service was immediate, friendly and every request was promptly addressed.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ajax, Canada
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel on our first trip to Paris and our 10th wedding anniversary (surprised from my husband)... not only the location was magnificent but the service was first class all the way. I wouldn't like to do Paris any other way. Solene from the front desk was magnificent, she helped my husband made our trip & anniversary even more memorable with a hand written note from her, a wonderful dessert and a bottle champagne. We are already planning to go back to this hotel because of Solene and all the beauty Paris has to offer. Locations and customer service are the reasons why Marriott's hotels are world class.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Peggy M
Cary, Illinois
Reviewed 7 June 2014

My wife and I stayed at Paris Marriott Hotel Champs-Elysees for 8 nights in May. We were celebrating our 35th wedding anniversary and the hotel bent over backward to make our stay wonderful. During the 8 nights, this hotel and staff made it easy for us to make this our home away from home. (we will be back)
The property was great, now that said and being a Platinum elite Marriott member, if you blind folded any long time Marriott customer and placed them in the hotel and removed the blindfold, they would instantly know it is a Marriott.
But location,location,location!! Smack in the middle of everything on Champs-Elysees. You can't possibly find a better location to be your base for exploring Paris. The staff was fantastic, every request was answered by, "yes, of course, I will handle it immediately" and they did. We called down for a bucket of ice for our room and i swear they must have been standing around the corner waiting for the call it came so fast. (very different than the Rome hotel we were in after this stay. Read my other reviews if you are heading to Rome)
Anyway, I can not tell you enough how great this hotel and staff were. Pricey, of yeah, but every morning when you step out on to the walk, in the sun, turn right and you are looking at the Arc de triomphe right down the most famous street in the world and you will agree it is worth every penny.

Room Tip: If you want quiet, ask for a courtyard view with terrace. Perfect spot for a late morning breakfast...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rick L
Lawrenceville, Georgia
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel over the weekend and start of the French Open. It was our second visit and this time, like the last, it was a wonderful experience. The location, the room and hotel in general are just top notch. Our room was clean, quiet and dark at night so we slept great, like you'd expect in a Marriott. But, what puts this Marriott over the top for us is the staff. From greetings in email prior to our arrival, along with email exchanges answering questions prior to check-in, to the friendliness and helpfulness of front desk staff, an anniversary 'treat' the manager provided on our day of check-in and the experience we had with the Guest Relations contact (Solene) it was just a superb experience. After our initial email exchanges, we got to meet Solene in person and she greeted us and checked on us every day as we left through the lobby for our day of activity. We've celebrated our anniversary here twice now and we hope to manage again some year in the future.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple