“Not a 5 star”

De Vigny Hotel
Ranked #1,068 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 17 March 2014

Location was excellent, right next to Champs Eleyses
But it is surely not a five star as it proclaims
They had no spare comb and advised me to look for pharmacy store in the morning
Rooms were much smaller and the hotel looked old
Breakfast was served in a library as the management said that the dining room is under repair
Overall, the feel of the hotel was cramped

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Fabrice A, Directeur général at De Vigny Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Dear Puneetxgulati,

We thank you for your feedback and for choosing Hotel de Vigny for your recent stay in Paris.

We are very sorry to learn that our property did not meet your expectation. We constantly work to improve our service and to deliver the best attention to all guests. We finish the refurbishment of our restaurant one month ago. We opened a Italian gourmet restaurant “Penatti Al Baretto”.

I hope that you will give us the opportunity to show you the new place during your next stay in Paris. I will personally take care of your future reservation and the comfort of your room if you are planning another visit.

I stay at your entire disposal,

Best Regards

Fabrice Afuta
Directeur Hotel de Vigny et Hotel Balzac

There are newer reviews for De Vigny Hotel

Reviewed 9 January 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here, from the moment we arrived until we checked out 5 days later. Our room was very comfortable and was (as is the hotel) furnished in an Art Nouveau manner. If you are into Art Nouveau, you will love the beautiful desk (escritoire) in the foyer.

If you are looking for a modern type 5 star... this is not your place, but if you are looking for a hotel that is part of the history of Paris, with old world service and charm, this could be the place to go.

The only drawback we found was that the room was too hot and we could not seem to get the heating to turn off (seems crazy to want it cooler in Winter, but it was too hot to sleep). We found that the window opened so when we were in the room we left the window open so that the cold combatted the heat.

The bed was really comfortable, The lift is old, but adds to the charm.

We did this on Hotwire, and found that we had a great deal for the price, and 2 blocks from the Champs elysees.

Room Tip: Our room was just outside the lift on the 3rd floor, we did not hear any noise at all, but if you ar...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gaynorclare
Reviewed 7 January 2014

.Apart from the daily noise during daytime, this is a quite good hotel due to location, close to the l'arc du triumphe and champs elysees, rooms were refurbished, the breakfast has few options, the staff is attencious. If you are looking for a hotel near the paris attractions and boutiques, this is the place.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank marco c
Reviewed 14 October 2013

This was a really nice hotel that was in a great location. The restaurant was nothing to brag about but they had one in house if you wanted to eat there and were very accomadating. We got a suite and it was huge with a seperate living room and bedroom. It was a bit noisy in the mornings. We found the staff very helpful and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Loie B
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I stayed at the Hotel De Vigny for only one night in August 2013 whilst travelling through Paris on Business. The hotel staff were pleasant, the room spacious and clean with a fully equipped bathroom with an excellent shower (strong water flow). The buffet breakfast was very good with a good selection of foodstuffs. Its in an ideal location and I would certainly come back with my wife when next in Paris for pleasure.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Beaslel
Reviewed 12 August 2013 via mobile

If you like boutique hotels this is nice. Staff not all so friendly. No views to speak of. Location is good for shopping. Rooms are clean. NICE jacuzzi tubs in bathroom. We did not know restaurant was closed for the month.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Jacqueline A
Reviewed 22 July 2013

First of all, this was not the "5-Star" hotel I was sold by "hotwire.com". I therefore will never use that site again, and strongly urge anyone thinking about using that site to avoid this site like it is a bait and switch thief that will take advantage of you - and sell you on 5 stars, but deliver 3...maybe 4 - max.

The only "amenity" this hotel had is a restaurant (that is a tad overpriced). The hotel is extremely close to the Champs Elysees, but I don't count location as a justification for 5 stars.

The room was decent size. Carpets need replacing and a dripping air conditioning unit that need maintenance-as it dripped...and dripped all night.

The staff was nice enough. No real concierge that I ever saw, but the staff were helpful finding places. I had asked for a suggestion on what to do for Bastille Day, never got a got any feedback on that.

Not sure who, or what determines a 5 star hotel...but I have been to a few in my life and this was not among them. People save for months and years to go on vacations to places like Paris. I feel cheated on my vacation and taken advantage of. I don't know if that's Hotwire's fault, the hotel or mine for being duped.

I have stayed at boutique hotels before, in Ashville SC. The room was amazing with a hot tub, daily truffles, breakfast (included) local wines at preferred prices. I know Paris is expensive and you can't offer such things. That said, here is what I expected from a "boutique" 5-star hotel. in Paris
-Perfect room.
-Bed and breakfast type service. Maybe some coffee and French pastries for guests as thanks for purchasing their stay.
-Concierge service.

I'm not a really picky person. I don't expect the best and front of the line treatment. I am just disappointed that I was told I had a great deal at a 5 star hotel...but actually got an average deal at a 3.5 or 4 star hotel. Just have Hotwire list your hotel appropriately!

Room Tip: Maybe don't use hotwire and you'll get a better room. There has to be some reason that this...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family