“They saved me from my vacation nightmare!”

Hotel Plaza Elysees
Ranked #539 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“They saved me from my vacation nightmare!”
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I took a Contiki trip and was booked in a hotel that was WAY out in the suburbs, in a NOT very nice part of town. I won't get into that experience but... I was wandering around town looking for a hotel. My friend back home in Canada had done a search and found an inexpensive Best Western near the Opera that had rooms available. I was on foot and decided to pop into the Plaza Elysees to ask them if they would be so kind as to check and confirm there were still rooms available. They did, and there were... however, they said they also had rooms available. I needed 5 nights. But this hotel was much more than the one to where I was headed. so they gave me an exceptional price as they only had one or two rooms left.

The service was friendly. I found the lady in the breakfast room to be very kind. The first day, there was a bit of a communication problem when she offered me coffee or hot chocolate. But she was very nice about it and I managed to get what I needed using my broken French

The hotel was comfortable and the location can't be beat. Thank you!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
PLAZA177, Reception Desk at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 14 August 2013
Dear Marie,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01 45 63 93 83.

Yours sincerely,

Alexandra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Wrexham
Reviewed 3 August 2013

I stayed at Best Western for four nights from 18th July 2013...My trip was to see the end of the Tour De France...The hotel is a 5 minute walk from the Champs Elysees which was perfect for me....The entrance is a simple doorway in a row of Shops and Cafe's and leads to a small Reception Area....I was greeted by a warm smile from the young lady on the desk A simple booking in proceedure and I was given Room 12 on the First Floor....The room had a double bed...television ...wardrobe...safe....mini bar...air conditioning ...and en suite bathroom with bath and shower.....The breakfast was Buffet style served in the Dining/Lounge Area on the first floor.....The room was cleaned daily and fresh bedding and towels provided and the deco was nice and fresh....Tour buses are 5 minutes away and Taxis pass regularly...5 minutes was the longest I had to wait to grab a Taxi.....All the Staff I found to be cheerfull and most helpfull...Would I stay again...without hesitation......Would I recommend this Hotel....again without hesitation...It's a Happy Hotel....And I like Happy Hotels.

Room Tip: Despite being on the front by the main road I heard no traffic noise due to the double glazing
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
PLAZA177, Responsable réception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 4 August 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very mcuh for your comment that helps us improve in our work. Well, this is what we try to do here by welcoming our guest in the most happy and simple way. I need to add, regarding your room description that all our rooms are equiped with double glassed windows in order to guarantee the minimum noise pollution from the street.
We are glad that you would recommend us to your friends; we would be happy to welcome them, and you again if you ever wish to come back to Paris.

Yours sincerely.

Smithfield RI
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Our first to Paris. The hotel staff was very welcoming and spoke perfect english. My fears of not speaking french were quickly relieved. Our room was on the 3rd floor and overlooked the main street(Blvd Haussmann). Our room was small but very clean. The hotel was in walking distance of the Champs Elysees and the Arc de Triomphe. The hotel staff helped us each day with Metro directions, dining suggestions , cab service, etc. The breakfast room was large and had a well supplied European Breakfast buffet. The hotel is a great place for someone not wanting to spent all their vacation money on lodging.

Room Tip: Liked the rooms facing the main street . Also they charge you to use the safety deposit box in the...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
PLAZA177, Reception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
Dear guest ,

Thank you for having choosed Best western plaza elysees. Your commentary is very usefull because it helps us performing the hotel and we thank you for that. We were pleased to make your stay in paris enjoyfull.

If you wish to spend another journey among our establishment , do not hesitate to contact us at +33 (0)1 45 63 93 83 .

Sincerly yours

Denis
Winchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This is a good hotel for location very near the Champs-Elysees and although som rooms are small they were very clean. The hotel was let down by the breakfast. Nobody to welcome you in the morning so we just sat anywhere and many tables not cleared. Some people were told off for sitting at the wrong table, infact some staff were rude. Food was average but we had to ask for plates,bowls,orange juice to be restocked. Many guests had to go to the small kitchen at the side to ask for things as not enough staff present in breakfast room.

Room Tip: Room 24 on second floor is good size and has two large windows so nice and light..
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
PLAZA177, Reception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 01 45 63 93 83.

Yours sincerely,

Reception.

BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 10 July 2013

Our group of 5 stayed at the Best Western Elysees in Paris at the end of June and the beginning of July 2013. This is one of the best hotels we have stayed at internationally. It is very small and intimate, was recently updated and the staff are excellent and very accommodating. The hotel itself was something out of a Paris post card. Very small inside with only 6 or seven rooms on 6 floors and a tiny "ascenseur" surrounded by an oak circular staircase from the bottom to the top. Our room was in the garret on the top floor with windows facing a small courtyard. It was very quiet with a nicely appointed marble bathroom, individually controlled air conditioning, a writing desk, chair and clothes butler in the corner. There was a small closet with a safe and mini bar. Just enough room for two in the large queen bed. It was thoroughly cleaned and made up every day with fresh towels and amenities. WIFI is free.

The hotel offers a truly excellent breakfast every morning in your room or at the breakfast room on floor 1. Consisting of Champagne, fruit, juices, cereal, yogourt, meats and cheeses, boiled eggs and of course; fresh croissants, breads and cakes with homemade jams and marmalades. It goes from 6:30 am to about 9:30 am weekdays and 7-10 on weekends. A great self serve, free breakfast daily is a real bonus, saving hundreds of Euro over the course of the stay.

The hotel is in a prime location just minutes from the metro, the Arc de Triomphe and on and on. There are boulangeries, pattiseries and cafes everywhere nearby. Lunch and dinners in the cafes are a culinary experience, a lunch of a sandwich or baguette with local meats and cheeses and a large half liter of beer is around 8 euro 50. It is not expensive to eat in Paris if you frequent the local establishments. If you need quick and tasty north American style food try GF pizza around the corner, open late.

We would return in a heartbeat and found our hotel the perfect fit for our trip to Paris. A calm respite, a great location with an outstanding staff, great food, at a great price.

Room Tip: Book on the top floor, the Garret rooms are the Paris you imagined. Eat breakfast every morning in t...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
PLAZA177, Responsable réception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 15 July 2013
Dear sir,

Thank you for your message and the detailled description you have made of your room and breakfast.
It comforts us in our work when you tell us you have been satisfied from the efforts we have made in making your stay easy and satisfying.
You are very welcome to come back for another stay.

Yours sincerely.
Ontario
Reviewed 10 July 2013

My family and I were here for 7 nights in late June/early July ... excellent location in the 8th arrondissement! We had 2 rooms on the 6th (top) floor with ice cold air conditioning; our room was very quiet. My parents' room was on the street side and they found it a little noisy. There are many shops and cafes to enjoy nearby and there are also a few Metro stops within a 10 minute walk. If you like walking or running, or just eating your lunch in the park, be sure to visit Parc Monceau just up the street. The hotel provides a delicious breakfast of fresh croissants, meats, cheeses, cereals, juices, boiled eggs and yogourt, but if you're still hungry there is a wonderful boulangerie right next door with a huge selection of breads, pastries and other goodies. It is also a great place to pick up a sandwich at lunchtime if you're in the area of the hotel.

Overall, we had a great vacation in Paris and I would definitely stay here again! The Best Western Plaza Elysee was small, quiet, reasonably priced and safe! Many thanks to the wonderful staff there for ensuring that we had a pleasant stay!

Room Tip: Rooms 66 and 67 are very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
PLAZA177, Reception Desk at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 11 July 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

Thank you again for taking the time to complete the survey.

Sincerely yours,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 May 2013

This hotel is a great location - so close to all the main areas. The Arc de Triomphe is about 5 minutes walk and the river is about 15 minutes walk. Easy to get around at that spot. The rooms were a good size and I had a room off the road so it was reasonably quiet to the road noises. They were clean and had tea and coffee. The negative of the room is that you can hear the footsteps above and when someone has the TV on in the next room you can hear that too. The breakfast was ok but nice enough.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank MsSB2010
PLAZA177, RECEPTION at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 7 May 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to leave this positive advice on our hotel.
It helps us and encourages us in our work.
I jsut precise regarding your experience, that we work our best in order to maximise the soundproofing between rooms and toward the street with double glazing windows in all the rooms.

Sincerely yours.