“Good position”

Ranked #479 of 1,796 Hotels in Paris
london, england
“Good position”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

The position was the redeeming feature of the hotel. A bus ride from Gare du Nord and a 10 minute walk from the Champs Elysees. However we heard every that was spoken by the people in the next room, so I can only presume that it was vice-versa! Small bathroom. Breakfast was, however, very good.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2014

On arrival at this property the male at reception was very brusque on the point of rudeness, no welcoming smile no please or thank you. given room 12, 1st floor next to dining area, room is clean although very small, insulation is not good enough, you hear the traffic at night. keys rarely work in the lock, and had to be reprogrammed 3 times in two days and the only comment from the male receptionist was have you put the card next to your mobile. the guest directory in the bedroom only contains sheets of notepaper and a feedback card, nothing on the hotels facilities, TV channel's or mealtimes.
Breakfast waitress on Thursday only asked for room number then pointed at the buffet. when I asked for a pot of tea she brought a pot of water, no teabags, when asked, again she pointed at the buffet without saying a word. on Friday 09/05 I thought I would order Room service on it's menu it clearly states that for 4 euros extra you can have fried eggs and bacon, which I did, when the order arrived promptly the same waitress from the previous day brought scrambled eggs and what looked like a tomato, when I informed her that I ordered fried eggs and bacon, she replied "no bacon, what about the fried eggs I asked she just shrugged, that day I did not have any breakfast. if you like extremely rude staff, small bedrooms, no information and high cost, then this is the place for you.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian W
PLAZA177, Reception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at 01 45 63 93 83.

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Perfect location , charming French style building, bathrooms and floors just renovated with decent shower. Extremely clean, I stayed in the room 51, good size for one or 2 persons. Good Breakfast included in the rate with delicious FRESH french pastries. Yes, I recommend this hotel , it offers me everything I need to relax after hard day of work , sight seeing and shopping.....

Room Tip: my room was perfect for one person, clean, comfortable, flat TV, coffee machine not noisy at all. Go...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
PLAZA177, Reception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Vera,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

If I can be of assistance in the future, please don't hesitate to contact me at 01 45 63 93 83.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

Travelled with my hubby for a weekend getaway, we stayed at the best western plaza elysees. It was the most affordable hotel we could find considering paris hotels are on the high end in terms of prices. Dont expect a lot from the hotel. we found the rooms to be small but thats what you get in paris. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. Bathrooms are also very clean. we were not fussy as most of the time we were out.
Location is spot on for sight seeing and about 5minutes walk to the champs elysees and 20 minutes walk to eiffel tower.
We were served standard breakfast which consist of croissants, cold meats, boiled eggs, bread, yoghurt and coffee.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BettyBet787
PLAZA177, Reception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 8 April 2014
Dear Betty,

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

On behalf of our entire team, I would like to apologise for not exceeding your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us and we will be using the feedback you gave us to implement improvements to ensure we offer a better experience for guests in the future.

Yours sincerely,

Burgess Hill, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very nice hotel in an excellent location for the champes elysees. Room was small (no. 42) but very clean and comfortable and had a decent shower, TV, tea and coffee and free Wifi so what more do you want when relaxing after a days sight seeing! Reception staff were very friendly and helpful. Would definitely recommend this hotel for a short stay in Paris.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
PLAZA177, Reception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Cath and Peter,

Carlisle, Cumbria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed at the plaza élysées last week for 4 nights. Our room was large, and overlooked the street rather than the courtyard. It was very clean, beautifully decorated, and the bed was incredibly comfy. Location is perfect, being just a 5 minute walk away from the champes élysées and George V metro station. Buses pass the hotel very frequently too, so there's no shortage of ways to get elsewhere in the city. Couldn't fault our stay, and would definitely recommend the hotel to a friend.

• Stayed March 2014
PLAZA177, Réception at Hotel Plaza Elysees, responded to this review, 28 March 2014
Dear Cath and Pete,

Alexandra - Reception desk
BEST WESTERN Plaza Elysees
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2014

This is typical of so many Parisan three star hotels were the rooms are of an average size and the where the decoration is a bit suspect. Having said this the bed was comfortable and everything worked Including the shower. I would not recommed breakfast as its not good value and you can get a much better cup of coffee in the local cafes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business