“Excellent convenient location, nice and clean, helpful staff, great breakfast”

BEST WESTERN Hotel Folkestone Opera
Ranked #269 of 1,798 Hotels in Paris
USA
“Excellent convenient location, nice and clean, helpful staff, great breakfast”
Reviewed 23 May 2009

I stayed at the Best Western Folkestone Opera and loved everything about it. The staff is amazing. The hotel is clean and the location perfect. It's around the corner from the metro st madaleine. Close to the Place st madeleine and you can walk to the Place de concorde and Champs Elysee.
It's very convenient and easy to get around. The best was that the breakfast is free and you can just call frnt desk and have them bring it t you room. At no additonal charge.
I have nothing bad to say about this hotel or the staff. The rooms are small but confortable and clean. My room even had a balcony with a little garden. Adorable!
They staff at front desk spoke English and if you need tickets for some attractions and shuttle to the airport, they book it for you.
I definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Sydney,Australia
Reviewed 21 May 2009

This was our first trip to Europe and so far our experince with hotels in London and Stockholm had been fantastic. Our luck ran out at this BW. From the very first moment we had problems with the our check in, the lady at reception was rude and not helpful at all and this attitude remained until we checked out 5 days later.
The ladies at the breakfast area were more interested in gossiping in the kitchen and eating the food rather than making sure the guests were looked after. If we ever asked for anything we were given the most agressive look and were made to feel as we were in their way. RUDE! RUDE! RUDE!
The rooms were a joke , so small .

• Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
Panama City, Florida
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I had an opportunity to stop over in Paris for the weekend following meetings in the UK. Naturally, I chose the same hotel I stayed at 3 years ago since everything had been quite to my liking. I arrived at 11:30 and had to wait 15 minutes for my room to be made up. No problem. I was given 605, one of 4 rooms across the front that have a balcony/deck facing Rue de Castellane (6th floor only). Everything was meticulously clean, however there is the possibility of ants from the potted plants on the balcony. I spotted one in my room. The bed is comfortable. The bathroom is tiny but spotless and well supplied iwth toiletries. The view is pleasant. There are 3 layers of curtains to block the light if you're inclined to sleep late. I love the neighborhood, from the small shops and restaurants to the 1 block walk to the Metro or 4 blocks to the big department stores.

Breakfast is still nicely turned out, although I was disappointed to find apricot juice no longer offered. There are still 2 or 3 freshly baked cakes, fruit, cheese, ham and yogurt, croissants and pain de chocoloate. All included in my rate (115 Friday and 135 Saturday). I was delighted to find one of the front desk clerks still there after 3 years. She lied and said she remembered me too. No problem speaking English, happy to give directions, help with pronounciations or call a taxi.

Internet is now free. I did not use wifi, but did use the computer in the lobby with no problem.

I will return, hopefully in less than 3 years.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
Peoples Republic of Manchester
Reviewed 20 February 2009

Situated around the corner from Madeleine, it's perfectly walkable to the Seine, St Germaine, The Louvre & Musee d'Orsay. We found the discounted room rate excellent for an Hotel pretty much bang in the centre of Paris. The neighbourhood felt safe and welcoming with plenty of shops and restaurants nearby, although it is an expensive area of Paris. The hotel is on a quiet street so no traffic noise during our stay. I'm going to have to rethink my stereotypical view of Parisians because the receptionist was warm and welcoming and spoke perfect English. The hotel is well decorated, indeed one floor was being decorated whilst we were there. The bedrooms were indeed small, however, I've stayed in smaller rooms in London and Manhatten. Unless your gonna hold a party, the room is adequate. Bathroom was as small as it could be though. I think I've had a larger bathroom in a caravan. But it was well presented.
Breakfast, which unusually was included in our rate, was a very good buffet. Cold meats, cheese, pastries, boiled egg, fruit, cereals. etc. We filled our boots to last us until well into the day. No it's not 5 star, but if your on a budget I would recommend it.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank neil-in-black
Aus
Reviewed 11 January 2009

we found this hotel with the reviews on trip advisor, it was in great location, though the rooms were alittle small, but clean!!! staff were very friendly and breakfast was great.

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — small rooms
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank maggs007
Mount Gambier
Reviewed 14 December 2008

We arrived at 7am and had paid for early check-in knowing that having come off 24+ hours of travel we would be exhausted. I'm sorry to say that the surly woman on the reception desk told us that they could hold our luggage but that our room would not be ready til 2pm so go away and come back then.
She didn't care when we explained that we had been up travelling for over 24 hours and just wanted sleep and effectively told us to go away.

We came back at 2pm dragging our feet from exhaustion after now having been up for over 36 hours and took the tiny elevator up to our room on the first floor to find it was very small and poky and not what we had been sold at all for our honeymoon. We didn't get the upgrade we were promised either.

On the upside they had good breakfasts and free internet, but it is annoying when one person hogs it for ages because there is only one computer.

The rest of the staff seemed nice apart from the lady on the reception on the first day.

• Liked — Free internet and lovely breakfasts
  • Disliked — The lady we first met on the front desk (a tall blonde and surly woman).
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled as a couple
France
Reviewed 26 October 2008

I only spent one night in this hotel but I'm looking forward to going back. The hotel is cosy and welcoming and the receptionist and staff are very friendly and helpful. The room was very nice and clean with a flat screen tv!. The ensuite bathroom was large and very clean. The only negative point about this hotel is that you can hear the guests in the next room (especially if they are talking loud until 4am!).

The breakfast room is in the lower level of the hotel, it's a little small but the large delicious buffet makes up for it.

The hotel is in an ideal location within walking distance to the main shopping area in Paris and there is a choice of restaurants close by.

I will definitely go back to this hotel but I will bring my earplugs next time!

• Stayed March 2008, travelled on business