“Wonderful Experience!”
Review of Atlantic Hotel

Atlantic Hotel
Ranked #240 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I made our first trip abroad last week. Even though we were a bit unsure of ourselves, the staff at the Atlantic Hotel, Aida, Christelle, Jubien, Felix, and the other staff members, made us feel as though we were world travelers! They helped with everything from setting up my cell phone, giving directions, suggesting restaurants, calling cabs, and taking messages for us. They were so kind and friendly.
The room was a perfect size for the two of us and it was so quiet. Our location was excellent: walking distance to the metro; restaurants; shops; and the open bus tour stops. We were able to grab a quick breakfast in the morning before leaving for our day of touring. The breakfast was very nice with a variety of hot and continental items. We stayed five nights and found it to be a real bargain. We plan to return with our other family members in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and had a view of the sitting area and breakfast area though a glass roo...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BeatriceHopkins
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Mr and Mrs Hopkins,

We would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for taking the time to write us such a positive review.

It was a real pleasure for us to welcome you amongst us and our team is very grateful for your compliments.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and appreciated our services and location.

We are looking forward your next visit.

Sincerely yours

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The rooms at Atlantic Hotel are clean and nice but small. The staff was wonderful! Due to jetlag (I think), I accidently booked a non-refundable room for me and my 2 friends on the wrong night. The front desk staff worked magic to find rooms for us when we showed up that evening under the wrong reservation and canceled / refunded the wrong night. Then due to jetlag again :0), I left my converter in my room after I checked out. We went back to the hotel in between our train and flight connection, and the hotel was able to locate my converter!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guests,

We thank you for having choosen our hotel and we are happy to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and appreciated our services.

Looking forward the pleasure to welcome you back

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I really enjoyed my three night stay there. The front desk staff people were friendly and helpful. I enjoyed the smiles I got from Ida (?). They even memorized my room number and handed me the key right after I walked in.
The room we got was not huge but very decent size. the high ceiling made a nice roomy feeling. Everything is super clean. The double doors shut away most of the noise. We slept through all three nights. I liked the ceramic and glass cups they provided over the plastic and foam cups I got at many hotels.

The location is very convenient. The metro and train stations are across the street. Still, we talked to many interesting places from the hotel. I did not buy the breakfast there. This hotel made our visit to Paris more relaxing and enjoyable.

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms should be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pt_hiker88
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear guests,

We thank you very much for having choosen our hotel while you were staying in Paris and we are pleased to read you have enjoyed your stay.

Your opinion is very important for us and we really appreciate that you have notice the quality of service we proposed to our guest and our very central location.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 3 May 2014

A lovely hotel with great customer service and good breakfast. Our room was small but it was clean and very comfortable. The location of this hotel is excellent. It's very near to Saint Lazare station and other tourist attractions. Will definitely stay here again next time we visit Paris.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 May 2014

Dear Guests,

Your opinion is important for us.

Looking forward the pleasure to welcome you back

Reviewed 21 December 2013

I already made a review two years ago. This time, I got a room with a much better bathroom, with lots of space. It looks like they have renovated since then, the hotel now makes an even better impression, also the WLAN is not free. All in all very good improvements. Its still not perfect, the rooms are a bit small to make yoga in the morning, also there is no gym in the hotel, however, for Paris, this hotel is a very good choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank UliRichard
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2013

Dear guests,

We thank you for having choosen again our hotel during your last visit to Paris and we are glad to read you have enjoyed your stay with us and appreciated our improvement.

Unfortunately we have noticed that you heve not been able to connect on our WLAN because since last december it is totally free and we are sorry about this misunderstanding.

We would like to thank you for your interest you show to our hotel , your opinion is important for us and we hope to see you back soon .

Reviewed 29 October 2013

The Atlantic Hotel has old world charm and the staff understands the meaning of Customer Service. Our party of 8 found the rooms comfortable, clean and well maintained. I did read a review by Blue Martha who apparently likens herself to the Princess and the Pea. I had a 1st. floor front room right over traffic and it was not at all noisy.Contrary to Blue Martha, the beds are comfortable and everything is not cheap!! Our group stayed three nights and enjoyed the breakfasts, the lounge for wine and snacks and the very helpful staff. Aurelie, Laehtia,Christelle and Philippe on the front desk were extremely courteous, friendly and helpful and arranged for our group to dine at Bourgogne Sud where we had fabulous French cuisine and excellent wine. The Atlantic Hotel graciously treated us to champagne to start our evening. We have rated the hotel and it's staff excellent and will stay there again next we visit Paris. merrillburchard@aol.com

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank MERRILL B
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2013

Dear Mr, Mrs Burchard and their friends,

Your opinion is very important for us and we really appreciate that you have notice the quality of service we proposed to our guest.

We just would like to precise one point: As we have a good work relation between our hotel and the Bougogne sud restaurant. The owner offers to our guests when we reserve the table an aperitif( it could be kir, or champagne it is up to them).

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back very soon.

Philippe Schleret

P.S.: Please let Mr and Mrs Shore know that I will be thinking of them tomorrow as it is Haloween...(they will understand)

Reviewed 13 October 2013

I stayed for two nights and couldn't sleep AT ALL!!!! The mattresses are VERY UNCOMFORTABLE and the pillows as well!!!! No feather pillows of course!!! Everything is cheap!!! But not the room price. The walls are thin like paper. I could hear every noise from the room next to me and also the doors closing and opening from the other rooms. At two o'clock in the morning two women started chatting and laughing for at least an hour. I had an important appointment the next day and was totally exhausted after not being able to sleep all night. The size of the room was A LOT SMALLER then what it was shown on the pictures. The pictures don't show the real size of the room at all!!!! The room is very small!! The stuff is kind of arrogant (but the french are known for that, so it wasn't a big surprise to me). The only really friendly person was the man who works the night shift. The breakfast is more then average. The only positive in this hotel is that the rooms were clean and the hotel is not too far from the metro station St. Lazare. There is also a VERY GOOD and low priced restaurant about 5 minutes from there called BOURGOGNE Sud which I can really recommend.

Room Tip: Don't go there AT ALL!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank bluemartha55
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Dear guest,

We are sorry to read that you did not enjoy your stay in our hotel and we do apologize.

We are quite surprised about the incomfort of the mattresses as most of our guests like it. Concerning the feather pillows in order to prevent any allergy we provide hypoallergenic pillows.

We are really sorry that you have not been able to sleep due to the noise of some other guests but you should have called the Reception desk and we would have contact them to ask to make less noise.
It is sad you did not report this problem to the Reception on the next morning as we could have check with the other guest and propose you as well to change room if you wanted.

We do have different room type and the size is depending of the room category. A classic room is smaller than a deluxe room and on our website you have a picture of every room type. You may be booked not the room type you wanted?

We are sorry to read that you found some of our receptionnist arrogant but that you have appreciated their restaurant suggestion.

As you mentioned, the hotel is in a good location and our rooms are well maintained and clean. We do everything to keep it that way.

We apologize again about your experience you had with us. If you have any suggestions or questions, we stay at your diposal and the entire team wishes to see you again this year.

Kindest Regards,