“First trip to Paris...”

Ranked #273 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Brick, New Jersey
“First trip to Paris...”
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I traveled to Paris with my two daughters and had booked a 10 day stay. I have to say that after all of the reviews for hotels in the area I was very pleasantly surprised. We were booked into a triple room and it was more than big enough for the three of us. Clean and comfortable. The bathroom was separated so that while one girl took a shower, the other could do her makeup.

Staff....beyond friendly. I wish I had gotten to know names because they were all gems. Especially the regular night desk man. He was an absolute doll. Everyone there had a smile and greeted you openly. I was actually sad to go when the time came.

Location, I couldn't ask for a better one. I was worried about being in a foreign country with just females traveling. The hotel is situated in such an area that it's easy to get to anywhere you need. The metro is just down the road, so is a monoprix and quite a few of the major attractions. Cafes, Tabacs, epiceries all within a short walking distance as well as major shopping stores too. And I never felt in danger. Well lit area with plenty of foot traffic.

I'll be sure to book here again when I'm able to come over with my husband.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Karana77
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 17 June 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel for your first trip to Paris and for taking the time to write us such a positive review.

It was a real pleasure for us to welcome you amongst us and our team is very grateful for your compliments.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and appreciated our location.

Philippe Schleret

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New Delhi, Delhi, India
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Lovely hotel,nice rooms ..big according to Paris standards..everyone at the front desk was extremely helpful.
.Location is fabulous,bars cafés, shopping everything is walking distance.Breakfast was simple and nice.There is no room service but in Paris with cafés all over you don't need it.
I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: I had a Tripple room which was nice and big..maybe a higher floor would keep the sound away not that...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Shalinee G
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you for having shared your kind words on Trip Advisor concerning your recent stay at Atlantic Hotel, Paris.

It was a pleasure to welcome you amongst us and our team is very grateful for your compliments.

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and appreciated our breakfast and location in Paris.

For information we do offer room service but only for breakfast from 7 am till 11 am.

We are looking forward for your next visit and we hope it will be very soon

Best regards
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel when I visited Roland Garros (French Open) for a weekend. This hotel doesn't come with a fitness center (which is usually one of my criteria for choosing accommodation), but it was in such a good location (and because Paris is a walkable city in my opinion), few amenities didn't bother me much. There is a line (#14) that goes directly from Gare de Lyon, and it took only 8 minutes. Also, for there is #9 to French Open. There are many shops and restaurants nearby, and I felt safe walking alone even late at night. The hotel staff speaks English and were always offering to help. If I were to visit Roland Garros again next year, I will stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear guests,

We thank you for having choosen our hotel and we are happy to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and appreciated our location and services.

Your opinion is important for us and we will keep in mind your suggestion concerning the fitness center.

Looking forward the pleasure to welcome you back.
Best regards.

Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Have stayed in Paris several times, but this hotel beats them all, the staff were very friendly, kind and curteous. The room on second floor was wonderful, recently refurbished with tea and coffee facilities, air conditioning, tv (not watched) comfy beds and good bathroom..I read on here that breakfast was too expensive..BUT having travelled all over europe this May, the breakfast was very reasonable, we nearly did not have it but so glad we did, several cups of coffee in Paris would cost you about 8 euro's, so for 16 euro's this was good bargain. The train station Lazare was very close, although nothing to do with the hotel but we always had a hard job getting out of the station, it is the second largest in Paris. One tip if you travelling from CDG airport get the boissy bus, it stops in Opera area..one stop on tube or 5 euro's in taxi if you have luggage. going back we got the train..never again. We hope to visit this hotel again in the future, it was perfect, although my friend did say the bed was too hard for her, saying that we both overslept..so cannot be that bad. A lovely stay. If I could give six I would..

Room Tip: 2nd floor only refurbished at Easter, so lovely carpets etc. air conditioning
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Dear guets,

We would like to thank you for having chosen our hotel and for taking the time to write us such a positive review.

We are happy to hear that you appreciated the comfort of your room and our buffet breakfast.

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I felt very welcomed to this hotel. The staff are lovely. The room was adequate for the 2 of us, and the location is so close to the metro and roughly a 10 minute walk from the bus tours, so very convenient, it's away from the noisy areas which was great for us also. Breakfast was good, a variety of pastries, toast, cereals and warm food. We would like to thank the staff specifically for helping us out when we forgot to pack our Camera away, we were already at the airport and had checked in and they organised for the camera to be delivered to the airport for us before we had to board the flight. We will definitely be coming back!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments on Atlantic hotel Paris.

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your experience and truly appreciate your feedback.

We were very happy to help you getting back your camera and we will looking forward your next visit.

Warm Regards,
Sulphur, Louisiana
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My husband and I made our first trip abroad last week. Even though we were a bit unsure of ourselves, the staff at the Atlantic Hotel, Aida, Christelle, Jubien, Felix, and the other staff members, made us feel as though we were world travelers! They helped with everything from setting up my cell phone, giving directions, suggesting restaurants, calling cabs, and taking messages for us. They were so kind and friendly.
The room was a perfect size for the two of us and it was so quiet. Our location was excellent: walking distance to the metro; restaurants; shops; and the open bus tour stops. We were able to grab a quick breakfast in the morning before leaving for our day of touring. The breakfast was very nice with a variety of hot and continental items. We stayed five nights and found it to be a real bargain. We plan to return with our other family members in the future.

Room Tip: We were on the fourth floor and had a view of the sitting area and breakfast area though a glass roo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank BeatriceHopkins
Dear Mr and Mrs Hopkins,

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your room and appreciated our services and location.

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 21 May 2014

The rooms at Atlantic Hotel are clean and nice but small. The staff was wonderful! Due to jetlag (I think), I accidently booked a non-refundable room for me and my 2 friends on the wrong night. The front desk staff worked magic to find rooms for us when we showed up that evening under the wrong reservation and canceled / refunded the wrong night. Then due to jetlag again :0), I left my converter in my room after I checked out. We went back to the hotel in between our train and flight connection, and the hotel was able to locate my converter!

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
FRANCOIS S, Responsable réception at Atlantic Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2014
Dear Guests,

We thank you for having choosen our hotel and we are happy to read you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and appreciated our services.

Looking forward the pleasure to welcome you back
Best regards.