“Great quiet classy hotel !”

Saint Dominique Hotel
Ranked #116 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
seattle washington
“Great quiet classy hotel !”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just stayed at this hotel last night because we came into paris a day early! From the moment we walked in we were greeted warmly! Complimentary nesspresso in the room and water and juice in the refrigerator! Lovely shower comfy beds! We had room 22. Twin beds perfect for traveling with a girlfriend! The price was 174euros and not bad for a 4 star hotel! Everything you need is all around you it's in the 7th arredoisment . A 10-15 walk to the Eiffel Tower. I thought the 10 euro breakfast was great! Again the staff was superb! I'm in the airline business and know class when I see it. So if your looking for a quiet classy place this is it! Cathy

Room Tip: Probably the backside for the quietest room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cathybrburns
Marie C, Propriétaire at Saint Dominique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2014
Dear Cathy,

Thank you for your opinion, which has deeply touching and all the Saint Dominique team is rewarded for his professionalism!

It seems that you are a knowledgeable traveler as you have booked your room in direct and have been able to take advantage of our offer very advantageous live.

Thank you for pointing out the many services that are included in the price of the room, so that you do not have many unexpected billings upon departure. Because at Saint Dominique, we try to have an offer that allows you to receive maximum service included.

We wish you a pleasant continuation and sincerely look forward to welcoming you on your next stay,

Sincerly yours

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from 2 nights in this great little hotel. Friendly and very helpful staff, nothing was a problem.

A clean and very well appointed superior room which featured a Phillips Ambiview TV, Nespresso machine, iPad Mini, extremely comfortable bed, wet room with rainfall shower, safe and everything you need for a good nights sleep!!
We didn't have the breakfast but it looked good. There is a patisserie next door offering the most amazing pastries and coffee that's well worth checking out!

It's located in a great neighbourhood, perfect for exploring and a great range of restaurants. Step out on to the street from the hotel and you're looking straight at the Eiffel Tower!!

Overall it's a great choice for a romantic weekend break, will certainly choose it again!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sotonkona

Thank you for taking the time to review for other tripadvisor travelers.

We are very glad you had a great stay in my Property and that you enjoyed all our services, its value for money and above all cleanliness, to which we attach great importance: your opinion is a beautiful reward for all the team of Saint Dominic and we thank you.

We wish you a good luck and look forward to seeing you during your next stay in our beloved Paris,

Sincerely yours
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon in June 2014. Hotel service was very prompt - best thing was free mini-bar and we would use it to stock up on our juices and water requirements for the day! The hotel also provides i-pad mini but if you lose it, it will hit you by 200 euros - that's why our ipad stayed back in the room - plus most apps such as Viber, itunes and Skype were locked - so not much of use. Buffet breakfast was very nice plus they allowed us to use the kitchen where we made some Indian noodles due to spice cravings!
The room size is small but I have heard that most Paris hotel rooms are small - so I wonder whether it's even a point of contention.
Great selection of Azzarro toiletries - but especially loved by men.
Nice clean interiors, very comfortable bed. Nice coffeemaker in the room but cute orange tea bags :)
All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: I don't know the differences between the rooms.
Dear screennamedrought

We thank you for your great comment. We are very happy you had a nice and pleasant stay with us.

We have noted your relevant comment about the quantity of applications on iPad and we are searching since now interesting applications to download in plus.
On the guarantee of Ipad (500 euros, not 200 euros), it allows you to provide the iPad and you can take it with you in your Parisian escape (not hooked up with a security system the room, which in my opinion reduces interest in loan an Ipad). Since now, we never had a problem with an Ipad unreturned or damaged and never had to charge this guarantee.

Concerning Azzaro products, we noted your remark and had a look to other bathroom amenities but keep convinced that Azzaro is a very nice quality, even for woman. However, we are studying the possibility of some more feminine products complement.

We thank you for having taking time to comment our Property and wish you a nice and happy continuation with your husband ;-)

Sincerely yours
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is in a good location, centrally situated for all Paris has to offer. As many previous reviews have mentioned, there is a great view of the Eiffel Tower from the street.
There are plenty of bars and restaurants within steps of the hotel and a Carrefour mini market a few doors away to meet your needs.
The best place though is the patisserie right next door which serves the most wonderful cakes and pastries and not bad coffee too, a great stop for breakfast.
The hotel is clean, the bed, oh so comfortable and we had a room overlooking the courtyard and found it very quiet.
The let down however was the size of the room. I had requested a larger room as I knew that we would be travelling with lots of luggage, not sure if my request was met but our room and our bathroom was very tiny......I know people say that this is very common in Paris, as this was my first trip to this city I am unable to comment but next time I would probably stay at another hotel so I can find out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marie C, Propriétaire at Saint Dominique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Dear Ammos

We are very glad you enjoyed our location, our services and the exceptional quality of our bedding.

We are sorry you did not have ample space for your luggages. Indeed, if you have a lot of luggages, we invite you to specify as soon as possible and at the time of booking, as well as to book rooms rather in the superior category. We have some special rooms for guests traveling with lots of luggages, and so we try, depending on availability, to assign these specific rooms.

We hope to see you during your next stay in Paris and wish you a nice continuation.

Sincerely Yours
Fort Langley, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I loved this hotel! The location is perfect close to everything we walked to the Eiffel Tower several times. The train station is also a short walk which connects you to al of Paris. Upon landing in Paris we discovered my husband's luggage was missing the friendly staff here made many calls to help us locate it which we really appreciated given we speak little French. We had the Pont Neuf room located off the court yard, we used the court yard table daily during our stay and found it to be a really nice place to relax. The room was very comfortable and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room after having read many reviews that the rooms are small, in North America everything seems a bit larger the room size is definitely compact by our standards but I felt it was more than enough space for a couple to relax at the end of the day. The bathroom is spacious and well layer out, the shower didn't bother us as it has people in other reviews ( make sure your adjust where the shower head is pointing prior to turning on), the bed was very comfortable. My husband accidentally set off the smoke alarm after trying to steam his suit, the manager came in the room to him in his towel, afterwards the staff were super apologetic and management treated us to a drink which we enjoyed the court yard, this was the only time we enjoyed the restaurant in the hotel and we were very impressed with the server. The neighbourhood is amazing the Patisserie next door is hundreds of years old and is fantastic. You can see the Eiffel Tower every time you step put the door, which was a sight I had been dreaming of seeing since I was 4 this was my 40th birthday present visiting Paris and the staff and atmosphere of this lovely little hotel helped make my trip all I'd had hoped for and more!

Room Tip: I didn't see the rooms on the upper level but the rooms on the court yard are great because you...
Dear Livlovestravel74

We are delighted that you have had such a happy birthday! I approach myself 40 years and am very glad you had a memorable stay with us.

Indeed, our teams are here to help you simplify to the maximum travel formalities, and try to mitigate potential pitfalls that can occur. I am particularly pleased that my teams had been a great help.

I actually remember the alarm trigger! I am obliged to check on that where the alarm goes off everything is in order and I'm still sorry I had to go so quickly in your private space. Offering you a drink in our Parisian courtyard was indeed the least we can do!

Your presence among us has been very nice and we sincerely hope to see you during your next visit to Paris, even before your next decade ;-)

Sincerely Yours
Winchester
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I had high hopes especially on the basis of the reviews but I did not like the location particularly. There was not the buzz i was hoping for and I prefer the Latin Quarter and near the Pantheon.
The bed was very comfortable and pillows good and we overlooked a small courtyard but with the windows open you have the echo from voices below. The loo was actually in the shower cubicle which somewhat threw me.The air conditioning occasionally gave out noxious smells and we had an uncalled for and unwelcome wake up call.
The staff were generally friendly but I was not v impressed by their rather uninspiring and expensive suggestions for dinner.
The buffet breakfast was served up in a rather soulless room so we walked down the road and had breakfast elsewhere.
I think there is so much choice of hotels in Paris and to me this did not stand out

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank BillieWinchester
Marie C, Propriétaire at Saint Dominique Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
Cher BillieWinchester,

Thank you for bringing your opinion about our property and are sorry that you did not like the neighborhood.

As mentioned in another answer, we educated the teams need for silence in the yard at night after 22h.

Some rooms do have toilets on the same side of the shower, which may disappoint. Some nationalities prefer this configuration and each room is different, we invite our guests to specify whether this criterion is annoying when booking and then we strive to accommodate your wishes, subject to availability.

We are glad you enjoyed the bedding but are disappointed that you have not been sensitive to the charm of our house, very Parisian, in which we do our best to enhance the experience of our guests.

We wish you a nice weekend

Sincerly Yours
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 June 2014

we have just had two nights at this delightful hotel, everyone there is friendly and keen to help in any way that they can, the hotel is spotless and stylish, the location central and easy to access all of Paris's delights, ample selection of restaurants nearby, good breakfast, the room was excellent, bed extremely comfortable.

Room Tip: try for a room not facing the road, the pub opposite was noisy, but then France was playing in the w...
1 Thank CorfeCastle
Marie C, Propriétaire at Saint Dominique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 October 2014
Dear Corf Caslte,

What reply to a comment so pleasant if not thank you for visiting ...

As mentioned in Tripadvisor, you seem to have traveled as a couple: I invite you to discover our new "Break for 2" offer in which you will discover the hotel in an intimate way. We are currently developing new services to make the Parisian escapes with new places for shopping, sightseeing, .... To test soon ...

We thank you for taking the time to review, we make every effort to ensure that each one of your visit is a new learning experience.

Sincerly Yours