“A true gem!”

Ranked #112 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Montreal, Canada
“A true gem!”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If I ever go back to Paris, I will definitely stay again at the Hotel Saint Dominique. The staff is some of the friendliest, most courteous and helpful that we encountered on our two week trip across Italy and France. It is one block from the metro and walking distance (15-30 minutes) to all sites such as l'Arc du Triomphe, le Tour Eiffel, the Louvre, Notre-Dame, the Champs Élysée and so much more. Also, restaurants, brasseries and patisseries surround this delightful hotel, so you are never at a loss of where to eat.Yes, the room was small (as are most hotel rooms in Paris) but it wasn't a problem. There was room for two large suitcases and backpacks. The bathroom was very roomy. The Queen size bed was very comfortable. The décor was very tastefully done. Although our room was on the third floor facing the street, we did not hear any noise, not even from the pub across the street. We did not take the petit déjeuner as we found it too expensive (20 euros per person). Instead we ate at the patisserie next door to the right or the brasserie to the left.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lisa M
Marie C, Propriétaire at Saint Dominique Hotel, responded to this review, 9 December 2014
Dear Lisa M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review as detailed and glowing!

We are actually very well positioned and our teams have a sincere pleasure to guide our guests during their Parisian's escapes.

Very central, the area offers many choices of restaurants and excellent shopping. Our team is trained to guide you through the meshers addresses in the neighborhood and in Paris. We select restaurants where we know that you will be received like Parisians extremely demanding:-) and we do not receive any commission or benefit of these recommendations, which guarantee an high quality recommandation.

Breakfast appeared from the many comments posted by our hosts to poor value for money. So we decreased the price by 10% and added more original products such as smoked salmon and pancakes. We also offer a wide selection of products at will, for example, which is unfortunately too rare for my taste in hotels, a squeezed juices and scrambled eggs cooked to order and served warm so very good. We also invite you to visit our website where sometimes we can offer breakfast or -50% discount.

We wish to share the pleasure to welcome you during your next stay in our beloved Paris,

Sincerly yours

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
  • Arabic first
  • Finnish first
Wellesley, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 August 2014

My family stayed at this hotel and had a fantastic stay. The location was great, the service was excellent and the rooms were comfortable and big relative to Paris hotel rooms. We would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Todd J
Dear Todd J

We are very glad you had a great stay in our Property.

Indeed, the size of our rooms is consistent both with the Parisian hotel industry but also the standards 4 **** calssement following our recent (December 2013) and we thank you to note it in your comment.

We look forward to seeing you on your next stay a,d wish you a nice end of week

seattle washington
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Just stayed at this hotel last night because we came into paris a day early! From the moment we walked in we were greeted warmly! Complimentary nesspresso in the room and water and juice in the refrigerator! Lovely shower comfy beds! We had room 22. Twin beds perfect for traveling with a girlfriend! The price was 174euros and not bad for a 4 star hotel! Everything you need is all around you it's in the 7th arredoisment . A 10-15 walk to the Eiffel Tower. I thought the 10 euro breakfast was great! Again the staff was superb! I'm in the airline business and know class when I see it. So if your looking for a quiet classy place this is it! Cathy

Room Tip: Probably the backside for the quietest room
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank cathybrburns
Dear Cathy,

Thank you for your opinion, which has deeply touching and all the Saint Dominique team is rewarded for his professionalism!

It seems that you are a knowledgeable traveler as you have booked your room in direct and have been able to take advantage of our offer very advantageous live.

Thank you for pointing out the many services that are included in the price of the room, so that you do not have many unexpected billings upon departure. Because at Saint Dominique, we try to have an offer that allows you to receive maximum service included.

We wish you a pleasant continuation and sincerely look forward to welcoming you on your next stay,

Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Just got back from 2 nights in this great little hotel. Friendly and very helpful staff, nothing was a problem.

A clean and very well appointed superior room which featured a Phillips Ambiview TV, Nespresso machine, iPad Mini, extremely comfortable bed, wet room with rainfall shower, safe and everything you need for a good nights sleep!!
We didn't have the breakfast but it looked good. There is a patisserie next door offering the most amazing pastries and coffee that's well worth checking out!

It's located in a great neighbourhood, perfect for exploring and a great range of restaurants. Step out on to the street from the hotel and you're looking straight at the Eiffel Tower!!

Overall it's a great choice for a romantic weekend break, will certainly choose it again!!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear sotonkona

Thank you for taking the time to review for other tripadvisor travelers.

We are very glad you had a great stay in my Property and that you enjoyed all our services, its value for money and above all cleanliness, to which we attach great importance: your opinion is a beautiful reward for all the team of Saint Dominic and we thank you.

We wish you a good luck and look forward to seeing you during your next stay in our beloved Paris,

Sincerely yours
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 19 July 2014

My husband & I stayed at this hotel for our honeymoon in June 2014. Hotel service was very prompt - best thing was free mini-bar and we would use it to stock up on our juices and water requirements for the day! The hotel also provides i-pad mini but if you lose it, it will hit you by 200 euros - that's why our ipad stayed back in the room - plus most apps such as Viber, itunes and Skype were locked - so not much of use. Buffet breakfast was very nice plus they allowed us to use the kitchen where we made some Indian noodles due to spice cravings!
The room size is small but I have heard that most Paris hotel rooms are small - so I wonder whether it's even a point of contention.
Great selection of Azzarro toiletries - but especially loved by men.
Nice clean interiors, very comfortable bed. Nice coffeemaker in the room but cute orange tea bags :)
All in all a good experience.

Room Tip: I don't know the differences between the rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear screennamedrought

We thank you for your great comment. We are very happy you had a nice and pleasant stay with us.

We have noted your relevant comment about the quantity of applications on iPad and we are searching since now interesting applications to download in plus.
On the guarantee of Ipad (500 euros, not 200 euros), it allows you to provide the iPad and you can take it with you in your Parisian escape (not hooked up with a security system the room, which in my opinion reduces interest in loan an Ipad). Since now, we never had a problem with an Ipad unreturned or damaged and never had to charge this guarantee.

Concerning Azzaro products, we noted your remark and had a look to other bathroom amenities but keep convinced that Azzaro is a very nice quality, even for woman. However, we are studying the possibility of some more feminine products complement.

We thank you for having taking time to comment our Property and wish you a nice and happy continuation with your husband ;-)

Sincerely yours
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 12 July 2014

We recently stayed here for four nights and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.
The hotel is in a good location, centrally situated for all Paris has to offer. As many previous reviews have mentioned, there is a great view of the Eiffel Tower from the street.
There are plenty of bars and restaurants within steps of the hotel and a Carrefour mini market a few doors away to meet your needs.
The best place though is the patisserie right next door which serves the most wonderful cakes and pastries and not bad coffee too, a great stop for breakfast.
The hotel is clean, the bed, oh so comfortable and we had a room overlooking the courtyard and found it very quiet.
The let down however was the size of the room. I had requested a larger room as I knew that we would be travelling with lots of luggage, not sure if my request was met but our room and our bathroom was very tiny......I know people say that this is very common in Paris, as this was my first trip to this city I am unable to comment but next time I would probably stay at another hotel so I can find out.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Marie C, Propriétaire at Saint Dominique Hotel, responded to this review, 20 October 2014
Dear Ammos

We are very glad you enjoyed our location, our services and the exceptional quality of our bedding.

We are sorry you did not have ample space for your luggages. Indeed, if you have a lot of luggages, we invite you to specify as soon as possible and at the time of booking, as well as to book rooms rather in the superior category. We have some special rooms for guests traveling with lots of luggages, and so we try, depending on availability, to assign these specific rooms.

We hope to see you during your next stay in Paris and wish you a nice continuation.

Sincerely Yours
Fort Langley, Canada
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I loved this hotel! The location is perfect close to everything we walked to the Eiffel Tower several times. The train station is also a short walk which connects you to al of Paris. Upon landing in Paris we discovered my husband's luggage was missing the friendly staff here made many calls to help us locate it which we really appreciated given we speak little French. We had the Pont Neuf room located off the court yard, we used the court yard table daily during our stay and found it to be a really nice place to relax. The room was very comfortable and I was pleasantly surprised by the size of the room after having read many reviews that the rooms are small, in North America everything seems a bit larger the room size is definitely compact by our standards but I felt it was more than enough space for a couple to relax at the end of the day. The bathroom is spacious and well layer out, the shower didn't bother us as it has people in other reviews ( make sure your adjust where the shower head is pointing prior to turning on), the bed was very comfortable. My husband accidentally set off the smoke alarm after trying to steam his suit, the manager came in the room to him in his towel, afterwards the staff were super apologetic and management treated us to a drink which we enjoyed the court yard, this was the only time we enjoyed the restaurant in the hotel and we were very impressed with the server. The neighbourhood is amazing the Patisserie next door is hundreds of years old and is fantastic. You can see the Eiffel Tower every time you step put the door, which was a sight I had been dreaming of seeing since I was 4 this was my 40th birthday present visiting Paris and the staff and atmosphere of this lovely little hotel helped make my trip all I'd had hoped for and more!

Room Tip: I didn't see the rooms on the upper level but the rooms on the court yard are great because you...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Livlovestravel74

We are delighted that you have had such a happy birthday! I approach myself 40 years and am very glad you had a memorable stay with us.

Indeed, our teams are here to help you simplify to the maximum travel formalities, and try to mitigate potential pitfalls that can occur. I am particularly pleased that my teams had been a great help.

I actually remember the alarm trigger! I am obliged to check on that where the alarm goes off everything is in order and I'm still sorry I had to go so quickly in your private space. Offering you a drink in our Parisian courtyard was indeed the least we can do!

Your presence among us has been very nice and we sincerely hope to see you during your next visit to Paris, even before your next decade ;-)

Sincerely Yours