“Small but clean and great location!”

Ibis Styles Paris Eiffel Cambronne
Ranked #1,097 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
“Small but clean and great location!”
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Me and my boyfriend stayed here for 3 nights for a city break in February. Upon arrival of the hotel, i thought it was very nice, clean and in a great location! The desk staff were very friendly and spoke very good english. However, when we got out room it was very small and i had requested a double bed and we received twin beds. Other than that though, the hotel was very clean and the maids came round every day with fresh bedding and towels etc. I would stay here again as it was within walking distance to the Eiffel tower, and everything else was just a short cab/metro ride away. A station is just outside the hotel, as well as lots of restaurants and shops.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Hannah190740

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (76)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 March 2014 via mobile

Stay here from 14th March - 16th march.
Where do I start? Amazing firstly..

Hotel - took a while to find as we used the metro from the airport but when arrived, clean, super friendly and welcoming.
Room - DONT LISTEN TO THE SMALL ROOM HATERS! Our room (506) was perfect, get view of the Eiffel Tower, great bed, and bathroom.
Location - Amazing!! 10min walk to Eiffel Tower, and 2min to everything else, metro stop, bars and meals out. The bar to the left of the France Football shop is amazing, best food I have tasted.

If your catching the Metro to the hotel just don't panic. We stressed out big time til we got going ( get a map )Then after the 1st day we used it with ease, worth buying a weekend pass as we was lucky enough to have a free travel weekend. Plenty of Tours to try out, which is the best way to see Paris really. The hotel staff showed us everything and was mega helpful. You'll see when you get there that the place is quality. Perfect break away, will go again for sure!
TAKE COMFY FOOTWEAR!! Lots of walking involved

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank SheffieldNC
Falkirk, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Great little hotel for the price. Would definitely use this hotel again. Nice restaurants near by that are not too expensive. Close yo the Eiffel Tower and metro stations. Lovely wee parks and supermarket almost next door.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Lyn M
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I stayed here for two nights with my wife. On arrival we were assigned room 111. We were really shocked that the hotel could even consider it to be suitable for paying guests. The door opens directly onto the breakfast area, the room is next to the lift, and the only daylight is through a frosted glass window that looks out into a courtyard. Thankfully we were re-roomed with little fuss up to the fifth floor. The rooms are small but adequate, clean, and the beds very comfortable. The front desk staff all speak English and are very polite and helpful. The location is brilliant being only a couple of minutes walk from two metro stops and close to a number of good restaurants and cafes, and a short walk from the Champ de Mars. Overall we considered the hotel to be good value, pleasant, and adequate for our needs. Our only real disappointment was breakfast. Although it was advertised as up to 10.30am when we arrived at 9.15am we found a number of things had run out and had not been replenished. The staff showed very little interest. Our advice would be that unless the breakfast is included in a deal, don't bother with it. At 12 Euros it definitely isn't worth the money. We would go back to the hotel again, but would specifically request that we do not have room 111, and would have breakfast in one of the local cafes.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank I5320CVchrisr
Gloucester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We stayed here in February, it was a present from our daughter. Yes, the hotel has small rooms, but they were clean and we only needed somewhere to sleep. We had a bath and shower which was great as I was expecting a tiny shower after reading comments on here. The staff were lovely and really helpful. The hotel is in an ideal location, near the centre and close to the tube station ( but the noise at night was minimal). We also had a lovely view of the eiffel tower from our room.
The only negative comment is if you want a lie in ( which we did as we both work full time ) then don, t stay here, as the cleaner was banging doors and being really noisy from 8 in the morning, whcih was slightly annoying.
But we thought it was great value for money.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Eventmhairi
Cambridge, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 February 2014

I stayed here for a few nights on business - I was going to a conference at UNESCO which is a 5-10 minute walk away, so it was ideal for this. But it is also within walking distance of the Eiffel tower, literally about 20 feet away from a metro station, and very close to lots of restaurants, cafes, shops, mini markets etc so it would probably be a really good place to stay for a holiday too. I have been to Paris before but always stayed in a different part of town, but having been in this area I'd happily go back.
The front desk and breakfast room staff were really friendly and welcoming. The breakfast itself was nice continental, although at 11Euros per person it is a bit dear for what it is, so had I been paying for it myself (my company paid) I would have gone for room only and got breakfast at one of the many nearby cafes.
The room itself was a double - a little bit cramped, but this is normal for Paris (you're not going to get a massive room without paying a LOT more). It was fine for one person staying for a few days, but it would be a bit of a squish for two people especially if you were staying for longer and both had larger suitcases. The shower was very good and both the room and bathroom were very clean and warm. The free wifi was great too, and worked perfectly, and they had tea/coffee making facilities which is always a good extra.
There was no safe in the room, but you had the option to hire one. I chose not to do this, as I took my laptop etc with me every day, but I got the feeling my valuables would have been safe even if I hadn't.
Definite thumbs up overall from me, I had a short but pleasant stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a room high up to avoid street noise - mine was nice and quiet on the 5th floor
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Emma S
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Me and my boyfriend booked this weekend for my 21st. Let me set something straight - some people are complaining its not big/beautiful enough - check the prices you're paying! It's a very decent price for an amazingly central location. I didn't go expecting the best hotel going - if you want that then I'd expect to pay a lot more in Paris - and I was very happy with value for money. Staff were very polite and helpful, room was cleaned daily. Couldn't ask for more! Room had lovely view of top of Eiffel tower! Bought a 2 day metro pass and travelled from this hotel to Disneyland Paris for the first day, on the second day we travelled to Arc de Triumph, the Eiffel Tower and the love lock bridge. Amazing holiday. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Emily W
Msoso, Responsable relations clients at Ibis Styles Paris Eiffel Cambronne, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Emily W

Thank you for taking your time to comment your stay at our property.
We are glad that you enjoyed the servicers and the location of Paris Eiffel Cambronne Hotel.
Looking forward to welcome you again during your next visit,

yours truly