I was somewhat reluctant to check-in to this hotel because I had read so many bad reviews, but I took a chance. Personally we stayed four nights at this hotel and we enjoyed the personnel at reception very much. Every time is asked for something to be serviced or replenished the staff took care of it immediately. The room is somewhat small but my wife and I had stayed in much smaller rooms than this one. I have traveled to many European countries and I would place this in the typical European room size. The hotel is not the hilton but extremely adequate for two people. The location is in an excellent location and we couldn't have asked for more.
The room had an excellent air conditioner, and it was extremely humid and hot while we were there. The hair dryer in the room was broken, but we told the front desk and she had one under the counter that she gave to us to use. The wifi in the room was not very good but it worked from time to time, much better late at night.
There are several good restaurants close to the hotel, but if you want to expand your choices follow the directions below, I would estimate there are approximately 100 restaurants. The closest metro (train) stop is Jussieu it is probably about three to four blocks from the hotel the two trains that can get you there are M7 and M10. To get to the hotel from the metro station exit the station and go right.
To get to this quaint area with all the restaurants exit the hotel and go right to Rue Lacepede, make a right and walk to Rue Monge cross this street and continue walking straight up. At the top of the hill you will see the area I am talking about at the end of the street.
We discovered this the last day we stayed, diagonally across the street from the hotel there is this amazing park, I did see a lot of guests going over there to jog, but didn't think much of it until we ventured into the park. There is a zoo, and amazing botanical gardens, and other various things to do. It is worth the time to check it out.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Charming 5 story hotel located opposite the Botanical Gardens in the Latin Quarter - 1/2 kilometer to Austerlitz train station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Fastbooking, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Hotel.de, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Timhotel Jardin des Plantes reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Timhotel Jardin Des Plantes Hotel Paris
- Timhotel Jardin Des Plantes Paris