“Romantic... as Paris!”

Ranked #82 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Washington, DC
“Romantic... as Paris!”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

The hotel is well connected and quite central. The neighborhood is very cozy, with a market nearby and lots of shops. The Triumphal Arc is just a 5 min walk. The reception was very welcoming and helpful. The hotel is very small, and the rooms are even smaller. Not much of a view from our room, although we didn't expect one. In fact, this is a very good hotel if you plan to spend all day sightseeing, etc. and returning only to get some sleep. The room was very clean, and the nice perk was that the minibar was complimentary... now that's really nice!
If there was anything that prevented me from giving a full 5 dots, it's the size of the room which was below the standard that the price I payed would have guaranteed. Other than that, excellent.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth
Reviewed 16 November 2013

My colleague and I stayed at this Best Western in early November 2013. Our stay was only for 1 night.

The hotel is situated just north of the Arc de Triomphe and a metro station, its about a 6-7 minute walk to both. The area is mainly residential but with commercial and retail properties also in the surround.

The hotel is on the compact size with a small courtyard garden which I guess is nice in the summer. The room I had was small but this is central Paris so to be expected. It was very clean and the decor was excellent in my opinion, I presume it had been recently refurbished based on other reviews for this hotel.

The bed was very comfortable and the temperature of the room was just right so I did not think I was freezing or cooking like some of the places I stay on business!

We did not try breakfast but the very friendly receptionists arranged free coffee for me twice whilst I worked in the lobby.

Overall I would say this is a good hotel located just outside of central Paris.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 October 2013

My initial reluctance to stay here was triggered by the fact that this was a Best Western and though the chain has an entirely different image in Europe than in the US, I was still reticent. The rooms were in the process of being refurbished and I was entirely impressed with the furnishings of my small, but very practical, entirely new and modern, room. I'm sure by now they've finished the renovations, but I would just urge you to check as the older rooms looked a tad tawdry. Small lobby with helpful and friendly front desk, beautiful courtyard out back (but heads up they do rent out for private events, so if this is a deal breaker, I'd ask before making the reservation). Neighborhood is residential with a supermarket across the street and a little bistro next door, location is within walking distance of major sights but that does require a bit of determination, otherwise there's a metro stop within a few blocks. Hotel is small enough where you feel like an individual but large enough where you get privacy. No major hotel amenities, just a nice place to return home to after an exhausting day touring, drinking and eating. Room renovations a major plus, nice job, glad we stayed.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Eclipse908
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 28 October 2013

We spent 2 nights in Paris on our way to Florence. I had stayed at this hotel before, perhaps 10 years ago, and it was fine then. But the renovations have really kicked it up a notch. Our room was not large, but more than big enough for a couple. Everything was spotless, lovely toiletries, his and her slippers and bathrobes, very friendly front desk staff. The location is great, a short walk from the Air France Bus that goes to the Arc de Triomphe (Avenue Carnot). It's a quiet area, not overrun with tourists, walkable to many sites and close to the Metro as well (in case of bad weather). We didn't take the breakfast at the hotel but ate at Paul Patisserie down the street. It is a chain, but has very good quality. I would not hesitate to stay at this delightful hotel when I am lucky enough to be in Paris again.

Room Tip: The building is old so the elevator is tiny. Best to get a room on the first floor (North American s...
2 Thank mirey
Newcastle, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 October 2013

First trip to Paris and what a great hotel selection.Spent 4 nights.The staff could not be more helpfull and coped admirably with our very limited french.
Excellent location and on the door step of the super metro system.
Room was all you could want-very modern with a touch of old world elegance.
Many local bars and eateries..although pretty expensive..but thats Paris for you one of the dearest cities in the world.
Highly recommended.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the back of the hotel overlooking garden area
1 Thank philip01953
Corpus Christi, Texas
Reviewed 19 October 2013

I spent 6 nights at this hotel. The staff is very friendly and helpful and helped us to navigate to where we wanted to go everyday. It is very close to the Metro. The breakfast is very good. The rooms are small as compared to the United States, but this is Paris. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone traveling from the United States. Most of the staff speaks English. The location is very pleasant and in a safe area.

1 Thank Mardan2013
Salt Lake City, Utah
Reviewed 18 October 2013

I have only stayed in Paris twice, and both times it was at this hotel. They have renovated the hotel since my last stay 12 years ago. This stay was at the end of a trip that included Basel, Florence and Rome. Our hotel room here was the largest in our entire trip. I upgraded to a garden view room, so it was perhaps bigger than some other rooms in the hotel. The hotel room was also very well-lit, and the shower was the largest we had out of any hotel in our trip. The location is great for the price. A 10-minute walk at most to the Arc. We also walked to the Eiffel Tower for a very overpriced dinner at Jules Verne, which took about 40 minutes. We did not opt to pay for their breakfast but took the advice of other reviewers and bought pastries from the bakery across the street--much cheaper! We will stay here again the next time we go to Paris.

Room Tip: the garden is so lovely, I recommend upgrading to a garden view room.
1 Thank Puglove28