“Delightful hotel with charming staff”

Hotel Regent's Garden
Ranked #93 of 1,803 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 8 January 2014

My daughter and I stayed here for 6 nights in early January. The hotel is not in the heart of the tourist district, but as far as we were concerned, in a wonderful location. The immediate neighborhood contains a supermarket, post office, a daily street food market, lovely specialty food shops and restaurants. Our room (garden classic) was beautifully appointed, immaculately clean, and very quiet. Breakfast was included in our tariff and was delicious, with a wide choice of hot and cold foods. Perhaps the most outstanding feature of this hotel is the staff, including reception, concierge, housekeeping and breakfast room staff. Everyone was professional, but very friendly, and helped us with any requests; booking taxis, restaurants, posting letters, translating documents and providing directions. We felt very welcome at this excellently run establishment. We really couldn't fault this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank am3203
Regents_Garden, Responsable réception at Hotel Regent's Garden, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay with us, we very much appreciate your feedback.
I am thrilled that you enjoyed the location and also delighted that you found the staff nice and helpful and I have repeated your kind words to everyone.

I do hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for your next parisian stay, maybe during summer, that you may benefits of our garden.

Thank you once again for your feedback and please do not hesitate to contact us at any time if we can be of assistance.

Warm regards,

Aude BECQUART
Resident Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2014

This was my first trip to Paris and I thoroughly enjoyed it. I travelled with my boyfriend (who has been several times) and we were both very happy with the hotel. I did a lot of research and chose this hotel because of its location and the ranking it received on trip advisor. It is about an 11 minute walk to Etoile (Metro) and about 15 minutes to the Arc. The hotel is located on a quiet road with lots of shops and great places to eat. We took advantage of the cute bakery across the street for breakfast! Although, the hotel does offer a buffet breakfast for 23 euros and an express breakfast for 7 euros, we chose the bakery as you got more for your money. It just depends on what you want.

I had read that Parisian hotel rooms were small, so I was pleasantly surprised when we got our superior room. It was very spacious and well decorated - contrary to other reviewers, the hotel and room were decorated to a high standard and the interior looks modern, but elegant. Drinks in the minibar were complimentary (only thing that wasn't were the nuts and sweets in the jars) and you got free wifi. My only issue was the shower room as 1) it had a curtain for a door and 2) it was a little tight - even for me! Other than that I was very happy. Nice fittings, lots of towels and really lovely toiletries.

Phillippe is a lovely man and was so very sweet to us; he recommended a wonderful restaurant for our anniversary. Sabine, who was also very sweet, booked our transfer from the hotel to the airport. The taxi transfer costs 18 euros each and took 30 minutes. You can take the train which costs 10 euros each but you have to change at Chatelet and it takes well over an hour; plus the 15 minute walk to the hotel with your luggage! Staff were polite and spoke very good English; my last two experiences in France were bitter so I was very happy with the staff here who were more than happy to converse in English and didn't mind my very basic French.

Overall a fantastic stay in Paris. I would definitely come back to this hotel.

Thank you!

Suzanna and Jean-Paul

Room Tip: Get a superior room - you'll definitely appreciate the space!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Centi23
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed in this nice hotel 3 nights. It was a comfortable room in the first floor. Walking distance to the metro and Arc De Triomph is very close. We will visit on our next trip to Paris again this hotel.

Room Tip: Our room was garden side - very quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We stayed at the hotel from the 23rd til the 27th of December 2013. The hotel is in a great location right beside Charle de gaulle etoille station. When checking in we were so shocked the room was lovely very spacious and cosy with everything you would need. The minin bar was stocked up everyday with free drinks. The only thing I would say is a downside is there is a large plasma TV in the room but no features for english people like subtitles or a chance to watch in english. Me and my boyfriend will be back hopefully again sometime soon. It was great to get away and the hotel was peaceful with very little noise in the mornings just from binmen and a few cars.
Love this hotel. Keep up the goodwork

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with my mother earlier this month its a great boutique hotel ,clean,cozy , staff are helpful .a special thanks to mrs emma for help in the transportation since she got us a car in no time to go to gar de lest , the surrounding area is fabulous avenue de ternes where everything is there 15 minutes walk to the arc de triomph .definitly i will stay there in my future trips to paris .

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 December 2013

We stayed at this hotel located on District 17 in Paris. Our experience was great. The rooms are very comfortable and in a very good size. The service is impacable. Breakfast is included and it is so good and well prepared in a very charming room located at the first floor. Walking distance to the subway and very close to Champs Elysees and Arc de Triomphe.

Room Tip: choose a garden view room
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria Amelia A
Reviewed 3 December 2013

My wife & I stayed here for 2 nights in November 2013.

The location of the hotel is good, about 15 minutes walk to the Arc de Triomphe and a large selection of cafes & restaurants to choose from. If you are in the mood for shopping, you are right where you need to be.

Disappointed with the hotel staff & rooms though. The staff seemed pretty ignorant & the rooms were old. Major renovation required. The furniture, carpets & curtains seems damp & worn out. The elevator barely fits 2 people.

For the price you pay, you expect a lot more.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple