This hotel lives up to the reviews and then some. Wonderful location, outstanding staff, and very comfortable room. The proper is located close to RER and Metro station Charles de Gaulle Etoile (several stations at the Arch de Triomphe) as well as the Ternes Metro station. The staff is very friendly and will do anything to assist you...most importantly, they speak English! You also have a small market at the end of the street for snacks, ATM's just around the corner on Ternes Ave, and a Monoprix on Ternes Ave.
We were somewhat concerned about the size of the room based on other traveler reviews. However, we were pleasantly surprised to find the room very clean and quite comfortable. Be sure to pay the extra and get a room with garden view. This will place you at the back of the property and offers a little more quiet. The street in front of the property is really not that busy so if you are on a tight budget, you should be fine having a room in the front.
We stayed at a 4-Star hotel in Rome and were not impressed and therefore had doubts about this property. Our concerns were unwarranted as this was a wonderful hotel. The staff will assist you with directions, tour suggestions, and will even help you with transportation. An example of service, young man was helping another couple to their room on our floor. We had just completed a walking tour and were beat but our card would not open the door. The young man let us in, ran downstairs to retrieve us a new card, and promptly returned with a working card. Unfortunately, I did not catch the young man's name but he was very polite and very helpful.
As everyone else states, you have a stocked fridge, an ipad, robes, slippers, towel warmer, and any convenience you could want. Ample stock of shampoo, body wash, and conditioner along with a kit with useful items. For those of you concerned with room comfort, can't imagine a property that could offer you the same value. The only inconvenience we experienced was upon check-in.
After our overnight flight, dealing with the maze that is CDG, tackling public transportation via RER B to RER A, and then the walk to the property; we arrived at 1:50 Paris time. We accepted that we were a little early and planned to simply sit in the gardens for a few minutes before we began our site seeing. The manager informed us that the room was not ready and would not be for about 10 minutes. Not a problem with us because we were 10 minutes early and official check-in time is 2:00. So, we simply sat in the garden and waited. A staff member offered us something to drink while we waited which was a nice touch. Unfortunately, we did not get into our room until after 2:30 which though minor, was an inconvenience. However, let me stress, this was only a minor inconvenience that did not take away from our experience at this wonderful location. We never saw this particular check in person again and had nothing but positive interaction with the other managers. Again, can't remember his name but the young manager who had completed some travel in California (ask him about it) was outstanding and he should be your go to person.
We have checked Paris off of our bucket list but if we were to ever return, we would stay at this property again. Compared to our room in Rome, this was the Taj Mahal of luxury in Europe.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ideally situated near the Champs Elysées and the Arc de Triomphe, just a few minutes from the Palais des Congrès, the Regent’s Garden Hotel proudly bears witness to its illustrious past through a stylish interior with large windows, cornices and Napoleonic medallions, and shows itself as an equally elegant contemporary player through design touches in certain pieces of furniture, combined with the subtle combination of materials and fabrics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hotel Regent's Garden reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Best Western Premier Regent`s Garden Hotel Paris
- Best Western Premier Garden
- Regent Paris
- Best Western Paris
- Paris Regent
- Paris Best Western