Best Western Aulivia Opera
US$330
US$305
  • Room Service
Mercure Paris Bastille Marais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$179
  • Room Service
Hotel Astoria - Astotel(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$181
US$228
US$193
Melia.com
  • Room Service
Kyriad Hotel Paris Bercy Village(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$97
US$92
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewschateau d'eautrain stationlight switchesbars restaurantshandy locationgare dusmall hotelwithin easy reachbusiness triprooms are cleanminute walklovely little hotelstayed for nightsmain attractionswould stay here againheart of parislocation is great
Reviewed 10 June 2014

Initially, I had only made a 6 night booking at this hotel and was to decide where I would stay during my second week at a later time. I was presented with a very clean reception area and friendly staff upon arrival. This theme pervaded throughout the hotel and for the remainder of my time there. Regarding my room, it was very neat, space efficient and extremely clean with a modern feel. My room was located away from the street, so I had a good night’s sleep every night. However, the walls between the rooms are very thin and noise permeable, so I would recommend discretion when making noise as your neighbours will hear everything! I wouldn't consider that the hotel is located very centrally, but a metro is located 2mins away. As I was on holidays, I really didn't mind going for 20min strolls and discover new streets to get to other locations - Paris is a very walkable city. The area surrounding the Hotel is very lively, with a variety of restaurants, fruit stores and bakeries. Opposite the hotel is a Marche Franprix where you can do a bit of grocery shopping and next door is a Laundromat. I had no problems the whole time that I stayed in the area coming home late. Restaurants were still open and happy patrons a plenty. The area is not very touristy in my opinion and highly multicultural. In light of the experiences and my impressions as outlined above, I booked another 8 night in this hotel and would have no hesitation to do the same the next time that I return to Paris!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Vuonie
Reviewed 1 June 2014

Rooms are very small means tight toilet and shower. That been said, it is newly refurbished to very high tech specification. large shower heads and electric sunroofs.

Friendly staff, very helpful and knowledgeable about the town.

Size of the room and toilet. more English channels on tele.

Room Tip: 4th floor rooms are quieter.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Hazza_07
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Everything was beautiful, clean & secure. Our host Maurice was cordial & helpful. Rooms are cosy but highly functional - huge fluffy towels, crisp linens, down pillows. Good water pressure in the shower. All the staff were great: Stephane behind the bar was kind to weary travelers; Roland funny, kind, & generous with translation; Abdel very helpful w dinner reservations & directions. Breakfast was incredibly good for a very modest cost. Breakfast lady very smart & went out of her way to be helpful. My husband, mother-in-law and niece enjoyed themselves too. We will recommend Hotel Aulivia to our friends & will return. Merci beaucoups!! - Katie

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with bookinnfrance.com
Reviewed 6 May 2014

The location is very central - roughly half way between Gare du Nord and the Louvre, so both reasonable walking distance. It's recently renovated so clean and nice - in that sense great value for the price.

The area is a little shabby, but pleasant and lively. The rooms facing the courtyard have zero street or other outside noise. Unfortunately, the rooms are comically small and have no sound insulation, so you can hear people snoring in the room next door. Also, the first morning there was no cold water, which was a bit of shock (literally), although they did fix it and it was (hopefully) a one-off.

Room Tip: Courtyard rooms are totally silent - apart from what goes on in the room next door...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Easy walk from Gare Nord, or even quicker by Metro once you figure it out! Chateau dÉau Metro station is about 100 metres away from the hotel. We walked to the Louvre from here as well.

The hotel was recently redecorated, we had the ground floor unit which is virtually on the street. We thought it might be noisy, but it was fine. The room was modern, spacious and had an excellent bathroom.

The day manager spoke excellent English and like all the staff was friendly and helpful. The lady who prepares breakfast makes the best coffee in Paris - I kid you not!

The Chateau d'Eau area is very cosmopolitan, with French, Arabic and Indian restaurants close by. There are late-night convenience stores close by if you need anything. The streets remain busy up until midnight, at least, and we felt safe walking in the area at all times.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple