1,626 results
All reviewschatelet metro stationnotre damearound the corneravenue victoriabowl of fruitile de la citeperfect locationrooms are smallcharming hotelheart of parisquiet streetfront desk staffsitting roomtaxi standlatin quarterwalking distancemajor sites
Reviewed 26 April 2012

The people who work at the front desk are very kind and bilingual (thankfully!). We were arrived early and were able to leave our luggage in their luggage room until our room was ready. We had the junior suite for four of us (2 adults, 11 and 13 year old). With four people, I really liked that the toilet and sink were in a separate room from the shower and sink. It was an easy direct Metro ride from Gare du Nord to Chaletet, and the Metro is a very short walk from the hotel. That was one of the best things about the hotel, it was very easy to walk almost everywhere (Louvre, Notre Dame, Musee D'Orsay) from there. The rooms are very clean and fairly basic.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 April 2012

If i ever get back yo Paris, this hotel is my home!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Perfect hotel for everything you could need in Paris. Close to Metro, shops, great restaurants and bars

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 April 2012

We stayed there for 5 nights, and hotel is fabulous. The location can't get any better, it's right at the center of the Paris by Chatelet metro station. One bridge over you will reach Sainte Shapelle and Notre Dome and 5-10 minutes walk to Louvre, and alot restaurants around within 5-10mintues walk, and you can walk to Latin Quarter, San German, and Bastille. The room is typical Paris, small but well decorated and the staffs are super helpful and speaking perfect English, and had a lot great restaurant recommendations as well. There is wonderful buffet breakfast @ extra 14euro charge per person per day. The hotel also has a lovely living room for guest to use and free WIFI.

Room Tip: Buy your metro pass and museum pass ahead of time, which will save you alot trouble. The elevator is tiny, so you have alot luggage you should ask for lower floor rooms.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank rosweet
Reviewed 21 April 2012

Dear All, so you know what its like you spend hours searching for a hotel and think will it be good ? whats the location like etc ?and then worry about the bad reviews when you eventually decide on the hotel you want ! so this will set your mind at rest.......I stayed at this hotel in late March with my daughter for 2 days, it was absolutely amazing ! firstly as everyone has said its the beautiful decor of the hotel, the wonderful staff, the delicious breakfast, the location and the amazing view of the Eiffel tower from the balcony of our room! Like most of the reviews stated you really wouldnt stay anywhere else after finding this treasure of a hotel, I am definitely booking this hotel when i plan my next trip to Paris ! Firstly the room is great really gorgeous and wow the bed is so comfortable. At night the Eiffel tower lit up and we sat and watched it from our balcony ! it was really fantastic.(if you want the Eiffel tower view then you need the 5th floor and above facing the river seine side- I didnt know this and by luck the staff had put me in this room). Which was ironic as i had spent hours on trip advisor trying to find a hotel with a view of the Eiffel tower and all were just ridiculously expensive so gave up !!!!!The breakfast is great and worth the money I did read that some reviewers thought it was a rip off but I totally disagree- I am vegetarian and there was a great selection of food, I spent over an hour eating and didnt require any lunch at all !!! The staff are very nice and helpful the hotel literally is in the middle of everything - less than 10 mins to notre dame (south), pompidou centre (north) and the louvre (west) - it is definitely worth walking to the Eiffel tower i wouldnt consider a taxi as the traffic is really bad you can walk to the Eiffel tower in 50mins but thats at a brisk pace.I have to say it is a lovely walk. I was reading alot about crime in Paris in some reviews but I never faced that at all. However, I did not go to the sacre le coeur as I have heard from many people that it is unsafe to go there. We got a pick up from the airport which was worth it, it costs approx 50 euro, you book your taxi on the website and pay when you get to your hotel which is brilliant as you dont have to worry about giving credit card details we used eiffel shuttle webpage www.eiffel-shuttle.com our driver was jamal hoummada who was really brilliant! I came off a long haul flight from Korea and was shattered so it was brilliant just to walk through customs and jamal was there waiting!!! I had also been warned not to take the train as it can be quite dodgy especially when you arrive in central paris stations. I found this taxi firm on the Paris Information centre website- just google it and you will see they recommend this firm.
As for the bad reviews of the hotel I can only think that these were written by rival hotels as i dont believe what they have written, honestly this hotel is brilliant. I also went to versaille and stayed at the trianon waldorf astoria there and although they are completely different hotels i still came away with the same contentness! Thats how good this hotel is !!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for 5th floor and up facing river seine side for view of Eiffel tower. Kids eat free for breakfast !
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family