Hotel Britannique
  • Room Service
  • Pool
  • Fitness centre
1,605 results
All reviewschatelet metro stationnotre damearound the corneravenue victoriabowl of fruitile de la citeperfect locationrooms are smallcharming hotelheart of parisquiet streetsitting roomfront desk stafftaxi standking bedmajor siteslatin quarter
A TripAdvisor Member
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 December 2005

Very romantic hotel in the heart of Paris with nice friendly staff. We stayed here in November 2005. Beautifully renovated room, small however lovely furntiture, great bed, near new bathroom. We found the location perfect for our holiday in france, 50 metres from the river and metro stop, theatre & many restaurants. You will be the one smiling if you stay here.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 December 2005

Just stayed for 1nt on business in Paris. As i was choosing the hotel for my colleagues I chose the Brittannique on the back of the previous reviews. This was my 4th stay in Paris and this was the best room I have stayed in by a considerable margin. New bathroom, flat screen TV, view onto a quiet tree-lined street, good sized rooms exquisitely decorated. Friendly check in staff with excellent English who offered to help with taxis/restaurants etc. Well worth the money. A short walk or an even shorter taxi (10Euro) to all the sights but the metro is next door.
You will not be disappointed!

• Stayed: November 2005, travelled on business
7  Thank paulgiles1670
Reviewed 3 December 2005

We spent 5 nights at the Hotel Britannique this past Nov. 2005. Found the property from Trip Advisor. We were extremely pleased. The hotel is located in the heart of the city, in the 1st district-Close to everything tourist-wise and perfect for soaking up local french culture.
Found the restaurants around the hotel to be good, but expensive. Most food in Paris restaurants will set you back some serious Euros. The hotel does not offer room service (food) other than breakfast. So make sure you bring back snacks to eat during those hungry times while your adjusting to the time change or you don't want to leave your room. We came from California and often found ourselves hungry at 3am with nothing to eat, until 8am. Asma at the front lobby desk, was extremely helpful and friendly. The hotel was very clean and charming. Also, check their website before your departure to Paris. We found that they were offering a 10% discount and had our room rate adjusted because of it.

10  Thank Hilary P
Reviewed 28 November 2005

We just returned from a week's stay at the Britannique and loved it. Believe all the good stuff you read about this hotel on Trip Advisor...it's true. We had two rooms, my husband, myself and our 5-year old in one, and our two teenage daughters in the other. Both rooms were fine size-wise, extremely clean, roomy and spotless bathrooms. The staff were incredibly helpful in all ways and extremely attentive...and the place oozes with charm on the exterior (great neighborhood...very romantic walks in all directions and as noted....next to all the major attractions); and the interior done in extremely good taste and again, oozing with charm. My husband noted the hotel is remarkably quiet for being in such a central location - another plus. Cannot say enough nice things about this place.... We have traveled extensively world-wide and are extremely picky...but this place matched our expectations perfectly. Note, I have not seen any commentary regarding the hotel's handling of young children so would like to add that we had a wonderful experience in this regard..and no issues at all. Would also like to ditto comments on Cafe Zimmer...and also try the Chinese / Thai restaurant...both directly across the street from the hotel.

• Stayed: November 2005
11  Thank edward94
Reviewed 22 November 2005

I stayed at the Hotel Britannique from 9/27/05 to 10/6/05. This is an excellent choice for anyone that wants to be in the heart of Paris at an affordable rate. The hotel was right next to the Chatelet Metro and within walking distance of the Louvre, Notre Dame, Saint Chappelle, le Seine and Musee d'Orsay. The rooms were large enough for 1-2 people comfortably. The bathrooms were a little small and I would have like a larger bath/shower area. The hotel staff was very helpful and spoke English and could understand my partial French. The interior decoration was very charming and clean, with a nice breakfast every day. I was extremely satisfied with my choice of hotel and would recommend it to anyone.

4  Thank Travelpatti