“Lovely!”
Review of Hotel Le Burgundy

Hotel Le Burgundy
Ranked #142 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 February 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed at this gem of a hotel in the heart of Paris for one night on the 12/02/2013 and absolutely loved. We stayed in Room 205 and it was a lovely little room. A bit small but more than adequate for two people. Upon our arrival the lady in reception was very welcoming and made us feel at ease. She showed us to our room and gave us instructions on how everything worked. We had booked a valentine's package and our champagne was on ice, beautiful cake in our room and macaroons and other sweets also provided in the room.

The concierge was also helpful in booking our restaurant at the Hyatt but he got the wrong Hyatt but I think it was more my fault as I think I got them muddled up but there was no harm done as we still managed to eat there. When we returned from dinner we took full advantage of the spa facilities. The pool was superb. We were the only ones and most of the times we looked in it was empty. Loved it.

The only thing that went wrong was that when we returned to our room, one of the doors leading to our room had shut which meant that we couldn't get to our room but after a few giggles and laughter between ourselves two gentlemen came to our rescue promptly. To be fair this was such a minor detail, it's hardly worth mentioning and in no way detracted from our fab stay!!!!

Breakfast was also very nice with full supply of cold meats, smoked salmon, cereals, croissants, yoghurts and so forth. The staff were ever so attentive and they even smiled when I snuck out with a pot of their lovely yoghurt.

Overall I would describe this as a quaint boutique hotel in the middle of Paris which has highly attentive staff who make you feel welcome and attend to your every whim and for that alone my girlfriend have found ourselves a new base in Paris. Thank you to the Burgundy Hotel!!!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank bbgood76

Reviewed 11 February 2013

We enjoyed every moment of our stay in this welcoming haven of peace and luxury in the middel of Paris, just steps away from the best shopping street of France.
The staff is very attentive to every detail to make you feel welcome.
The room was tasteful and had every comfort you can wish for.
Dinner in the star rated restaurant was excellent.
Breakfast is as expected, but the staff was overwelmed and not prepared for the number of guests. (we had to sit in the atrium and wait quit some time before anyone noticed us)
The spa is modern and in pertfect condition, nice pool, sauna and hammam, but no cold shower or tub for after the sauna.
BUT: we had a massage and this was just hell.
My wife has bruises all over her legs and arms, I had to take painklillers for two days because my shoulder hurt a lot after this 60 minute session of torture.
Maybe they were inspired by Fifty shades of Grey, but these girls have no clue of what they are doing.(at one point she was pressing her thumb like a madmen into my stomach, what is this ????)
This is a big minus for a Top class hotel with a spa.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ofabre
Reviewed 11 February 2013

My husband, 4 year-old daughter and I stayed 4 nights in the Apartment (one BR suite with our own terrace.) Burgundy is, so far, our favorite hotel in Paris. We have stayed at FS George V, Shangri-La, and Hotel de Crillon.

What we liked about our room:
1) My daughter got her own little bathrobe and little slippers. And a "B" teddy bear on her little bed in the sitting room.
2) We can see the blinking lights on the Eiffel Tower (top half anyway) every night at 10 and 11.
3) Massive bathtub with window to the terrace, immaculately clean and beautiful bathroom.
4) The bedroom was so quiet and bed was so comfortable I slept 7 hours straight our first night in Paris, which was pretty rare considering time-zone adjustment.

What we like about the hotel:
1) Everyone was courteous, professional and friendly to us, especially our daughter, which I find is not the norm in other 5-star hotels.
2) We had brunch and also dinner in Le Restaurant and couldn't find any fault with service or quality of the food. They didn't have a children's menu so the friendly and helpful server said the chef will prepare roasted chicken with pasta just for mademoiselle. The chicken was so delicious my daughter declared it was the best chicken she has ever eaten in her life! I agreed and tried to sneak some onto my plate. (The next day she had roasted chicken at a Christian Constant cafe and also declared it was the best, and I also had to agree.)
3) I needed a pedicure and the concierge suggested a "wonderful salon" around the corner and he called them to say that I was heading over in 5 minutes. The salon was full and very busy but the manager sat me down, "would madam prefer champagne or water", and a nail technician showed up in 10 minutes and gave me a great pedicure.
4) Great location - read dpvathens review.
5) The hotel decor is beautiful in an modern artsy way which I like.

I did notice the scented candles in the lobby area that you can smell 5 feet outside the front entrance. Luckily we were not bothered by it but I can understand how that might be a problem for some.

I would definitely stay there again. Everything was expensive but, however, you do get what you pay for. Happy travel!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Beautifulworld
Reviewed 3 February 2013

We stayed in 3 different hotels in Paris for our honeymoon. The Burgundy Hotel, was just excellent all round. Superb staff, very good cognac bar, beautiful room with our own terrace, great location and very well kept hotel throughout. We loved the pool facilities and spa, however the spa is extremely expensive. Drinks in the bar also very expensive. Aside for the cost otherwise a great stay

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ewa55555
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayd at Burgundy second time. It was family trip and it was 10 of us. The hotel is very quiet and beautiful. The location is perfect. It is easy to walk to the metro station or go shopping. Breakfast is good. Rooms are good size and beautifiul decor. The only thing was that the cleaning stuff statred makeing noices already 6.30 in the morning. The pool area was beautiful and the ok size.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Perfect boutique hotel, can't get better location. Centrally located but perfectly quiet and tranquil inside. Walked to Louvre, Opera, Madelaine, Faubourg St Honore shopping, Concorde, Vendome..even to the Marais and back on Sunday a.m.! Lovely, helpful staff. Concierge was spot on with recommendations for restaurants. My husband and I had the suite room 510 and it was perfect. Just like the photos here. The spa was great for a relaxing swim/sauna at the end of a long day. I know Paris well and would definitely go back to the Burgundy to stay. Breakfast was good, catered to all tastes, but a little pricey for the selection, although all excellent quality. Go for the friendly, professional staff, the location, the spa, and for the feel of a smaller, cozier hotel.

Room Tip: Super quiet was 5 th floor rooms with courtyard windows. Suite 510 specifically, but also others.