“Back for a 2nd time and Simply FABULOUS!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Le Burgundy

Hotel Le Burgundy
Ranked #174 of 1,795 Hotels in Paris
nyc
“Back for a 2nd time and Simply FABULOUS!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed for 5 nights in September and I can't even think of a better hotel to stay at when in Paris. The front desk is tended to by terrific employees always pleasant, attentive and ready to help and answer any questions. Located on the Right Bank you are in the best location for shopping, macarons and sight seeing. The Metro is about 1/2 block away and if you buy a 10 trip of tickets you will find yourself experiencing the whole city so easily.

One night I was just too tired to go out for dinner so had some room service (isn't that what a vacation is for?) - It arrived piping HOT and very quickly too.

In summary I will keep going back to this lovely boutique hotel and treat myself to pure luxury...

Room Tip: I enjoyed facing the front of the hotel to check the weather and the locals on their way to work!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
Chicago
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

My husband and I went back to Paris for our 30th anniversary. We absolutely loved this hotel and do not have a single criticism (and I am not that easy to please). The staff was top notch (and friendly), the room was lovely, clean and quiet and the bed was very comfy. I had emailed the concierge asking him to make several dinner reservations and every one was made just as I had requested. (I also had a slight medical issue while I was there and the hotel had a doctor come to see me in my room within one hour of my asking!)
I cannot say enough good things about the Burgundy - when can I go back???

Room Tip: Our room was upgraded to a junior suite - so large for Paris! I would request a room away from the...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 5Boysrus5
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2013

It is wonderful to see that this hotel is still as great as when we first visited it 2 years ago. Back then it was a rising star, and now it is the favourite choice of many of our friends & colleagues when they visit this beautiful city. Whilst the room rate is comparable with other 5-star hotels, the quality of room, location and service is of an impeccable standard and is truly worth the expense.

The decor in this boutique hotel is luxurious and elegant, yet extremely comfortable. The staff are extremely attentive and welcoming, and clearly still take pride in their hotel and want to ensure you have a faultless stay.

The location of this hotel really is fabulous. It sits on a pretty and quiet street between two major boutique shopping strips (rue St Honore & Madeleine) in a lovely upmarket part of Paris. It is a short walk from two underground train station lines (Concorde & Madeleine), and reasonable walking distance (with comfy shoes) to several major tourist sites such as the Louvre, Arc de triomphe & Champs Elysee, Musee D'Orsay, and Musee Rodin. The train provides easy access to the places which are too far to walk to: Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, Sacre Coeur, and Pompidou will all take no more than 15 minutes by train, and the Chateau Versailles (which sits on the outskirts of Paris) is a pleasant 45 minute journey.

We chose to stay in a Junior Suite again which was on the top floor overlooking a central courtyard. It actually had a different configuration to that we had previously stayed in which was on a lower level overlooking the street. We had a small sitting area with two comfy chairs, desk & large flatscreen TV; a bedroom with super comfy king size bed, flatscreen TV, iphone docking stations; bathroom with large bath, separate shower and a Toto-toilet. The small touches were lovely - petit-fours on arrival, daily complementary bottled water, lit makeup mirror, dimming light switches, aromatherapy toiletries, plush window furnishings with sheer or blockout options, daily weather forecast card and chocolates in the turndown service. The rooms are extremely private and quiet, with complementary and efficient wi-fi service for multiple devices. In comparison to the suite of our previous stay, we were lacking robe space and a 2nd toilet, however, we did have a lot of lovely natural light and probably a little more living space. The only disappointment as noted on our previous stay was that there are no tea & coffee making facilities in the room (which I would expect in a suite), however, this is a common finding in France, and there always seems to be an open cafe on every corner serving good coffee!

Again we dined in the Burgundy's restaurant Le Baudelaire for dinner - still worthy of its Michelin rating - lovely food, great dining experience, reasonably priced and excellent service.

Unfortunately we spend so much time exploring the city that we never managed to try their pool or day spa but our friends said they are excellent.

In summary, we were once again delighted and impressed by this small luxury boutique hotel. We will definitely choose to stay here again on our next trip to Paris!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We have been very fortunate and have travelled extensively in US and Europe, staying mostly in five star properties. We spend a lot of time choosing our properties prior to travelling.
We spent five nights at Le Burgundy and overall are very pleased with this excellent hotel.
Let me start with the positives:
(1) Terrific location. Hotel is located on a small street connecting Place Madeline and St. Honore therefore it is very quiet and private while being in the middle of the cultural/shopping center.
(2) Hotel is very modern with superior amenities, facilities, and rooms.
(3) Excellent room quality/price ratio. It is not a problem to find a five star place in Paris for more than 1,000USD/night. Yet, to find a nice delux room with great amenities for 700 USD/night is a bit of a challenge and Burgundy does this.
(4) Staff is very friendly with good ability to communicate in English and eager to help provide for a good experience at the property.
(5) Hotel has a small (50+) number of rooms and has a nice boutique yet upscale feel.
(6) As I already mentioned the facilities, but have to separately acknowledge the very high quality of recreational facilities including steam, sauna and pool which is another rarity in Paris.

Now, a few issues which did not allow me to give highest rating for the hotel

(1) Hotel advertised free Wifi connection which was not functioning during our entire stay in the hotel. After multiple phone calls and unsuccesful attempts by technicians, the staff eventually admitted that Wifi is very poor quality and brought a laptop to the room for our use.
(2) I contacted Hotel Manager as well as Front Desk Manager (in advance) to alert them about possibility of early arrival and accomodating us for early check in. We checked a few times but were unable to enter the room before 2:40PM and the staff made no efforts to accomodate our request for early check in despite my prior communications.
(3) Concierge at the hotel does not have good knowledge of restaurants in the area and tends to direct guests to mostly touristy spots.

In summary, we were definitely pleased with this hotel. We would most likely stay there again and I would recommend this place for people that like unpretentious luxury in a small but very nice setting.

- Alex

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank alexshulman
Key Biscayne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We went to this hotel thanks to the reviews of tripadvisor. We were totally impressed and pleased during our stay. The rooms and service excellent. The smell of the hotel divine (bought three candles to bring home). The location couldnt have been more perfect! My sister went two weeks later to Paris and did not like her hotel and was lucky to find an available room at Le Burgundy and changed. She was also very happy. Keep up the good work Le Burgundy!!

Room Tip: We had the junior suite and a deluxe room on the fourth floor facing the main entrance, very quite s...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Johannesburg, South Africa
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2013

My husband, two sons (8 and 4) and I have just returned from a stay at the Burgundy hotel. I would highly recommend for a family. We were kindly accommodated by the hotel with a very early check-in as we arrived on a 6am flight from South Africa. The size and comfort of our adjoining deluxe rooms exceeded our expectations. The stunning indoor pool and jacuzzi were great for the kids after a day of sight-seeing. They swam everyday. The hotel was very accommodating in organising a babysitter when my husband and I went out for the night and the boys were very comfortable with her. The centrality of the location was perfect and the boys went almost daily to visit the fair at Jardin des Tuileries. The best clothes shopping and speciality food stores like Hediard and Fauchon are literally a stone's throw away. At the same time the hotel was extremely quiet. If I have any negative comments, it is that the room service is expensive for what it offers and that it could have simpler and more child-friendly options.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Faranaaz
Oslo, Norway
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2013

I stayed in the hotel for a great weekend in Paris, and was warmly welcomed by the friendly doormen and staff right from the beginning. I had a standard room, which was somewhat small, but quite well decorated and had every amenity you could ask for. The beds were extremely comfortable, and the shower is massive with some nice jet streams for optimal pleasure and cleansing capacity. The spa was also very nice with a gorgeous indoor pool. The location itself is fantastic being extremely central to most of the major attractions in Paris. My only complaint was that the room service attendants did not knock before entering the room, so be sure you put on the do not disturb light when in the room at all times as the attendants will enter the room many times during the stay to service the room. Also, although the food in the Michelin Star restaurant was tasty, I did not think there was enough variety of options on the menu, and the prices were a touch on the high side for the quality. I would definitely come back to stay at the hotel when I return to Paris.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple