“Great food, not so great reservations procedure”

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Etoile
Reserve with
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon Etoile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #777 of 17,009 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Champs-Elysees
Shrewsbury, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, not so great reservations procedure”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

WE had a 9pm booking on a saturday night - a second sitting. We arrived in good time and were sat down but not offered a drink. Several more people arrived til there was standing room only and eventually we were offered a drink after being there about 15 minutes. I asked if they knew how long it would be til our table was ready as there seemed to be a lot of people waiting and I was told very curtly that we were the second sitting and this was usual - it might be another half an hour but she couldn't really say. I wanted to leave at that point but my husband persuaded me to stay. Then we actually were seated quite quickly. We had the tasting menu which I have to say was absolutely stunning and every mouthful was amazing.Though it was not cheap at 175 euros. The service was much improved after we had sat down too.

I just feel that for such a standard and price of restaurant the mass double sitting booking procedure was totally unacceptable. They should stagger the bookings like most other places and be a bit more polite about it too! The front of house people probably have to deal with it every night so I suppose its not really their fault.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
“Prix fixe lunch on the Champs Elysees”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband insisted that we get reservations to L'Atelier de Joel Robushon Etoile but since we only contacted them about 6 weeks in advance we could only arrange for lunch reservations. That did not put a damper on the experience. The food quality was excellent and the seating at the counter allowed for a view of the chefs in action. You have a choice of how many components you can select from the prix fixe. My husband and I both had the cherry gazpacho which was very good. Although made from both tomato and cherries, you only had a hint of the latter. My husband had a hot appetizer which as an egg dish that was served with crispy parmigiano and iberico ham. I had one bite and regreted not getting a plate for myself. It had amazing flavor. I had the beef entree and he had the whole fish. Both were good, but did not compare to the starters. I almost forgot to mention the amuse bouche which was a foie/champagne concoction that was served warm and surprisingly worked very well. Prepare for a good meal, but be prepared to pay the price.

1 Thank Roger O
San Francisco, California
“The art of fine dining”
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

Artistically presented dishes were not only a feast for the eye, but tasted wonderful. Instead of having to make selections of individual dishes from the inventive menu, we ordered the tasting menu with 7 courses at EU 175. We also ordered wine by the glass which was poured from magnum bottles. Each dish came beautifully presented, some on plates with an artistic flair. A popular restaurant concept in a stylish and minimalist setting, it is expanding throughout the world with an upcoming New York City venue. We had requested to dine in the salon, but noticed that many diners preferred to sit more informally at the counter. Reservations taken for 6:30 PM only. Highly recommended!

Visited May 2014
Sao Paulo, Brazil
“Don't miss the fresh baked madeleines”
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

You pass through a drugstore after a fancy bookstore, go to the basement and... voilá! Joel Robuchon (reebouchon, rebouchon...) will serve you tasty food, both strong and delicate. To a great final, don't miss the fresh baked madeleines they offer with coffee. Good opening hours, reservations needed.

1 Thank Lanader
Rockville, Maryland
“all that i expected and more!”
Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

we came for lunch and took the 63 euro menu which included the amazing amuse, one cold and one hot starter, entree and desert. all dishes were amazing and sitting at the bar and looking into the kitchen is a great experience.

1 Thank traveller1407