“A good meal”
Review of Cafe Barjot

Cafe Barjot
Reserve with
Save up to 50% when you reserve online *
Cafe Barjot is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5,337 of 17,407 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: European
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Bastille / Oberkampf
Description: café barjot gare de Lyon cuisine française
Irvine, CA
“A good meal”
Reviewed 30 December 2012

I ate here with a large group (about 25 persons) after a business meeting in Paris, arranged by the organizers of the meeting. The service was pleasant and fairly prompt. The food was of high quality but not particularly memorable. House wines were only ok. Since I did not pay, there is no way to tell whether the meal was a reasonable value or not.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank bblumberg

“Good food, lively atmosphere, friendly service”
Reviewed 27 October 2012

The hotel reception recommended Cafe Barjot and it was close and cold outside, so I went there with low(ish) expectations. There was a queue outside and the place was heaving with families, young people, elderly couples, you name it. I was given a table straight away and the service was really friendly. The set menu at EUR 34 for three courses was lovely and the Cote du Rhone at EUR 19 was very nice too. The vibe was as good as the food and I appeared to be the only tourist there.

I thoroughly enjoyed my meal and was very surprised to read all of the negative reviews afterwards. Yes, the service was quick and plates were cleared once I had finished eating, but I didn't feel rushed to leave and had to wait for the right moment to get the waiter's attention to get the bill. I think some of the Parisian commentators were pretty harsh on the place and don't share their views. The bartender and two waiters thanked me when I left and said good bye and I hadn't even left a tip (having paid by credit card).

I think this place is a real find and am pleased that I dined here. There appeared to be a number of regulars as well, so it can't have been all bad.

2 Thank Walter L
Bath, United Kingdom
“Good place”
Reviewed 7 August 2012

Lovely art deco place near Gare de Lyon. We visited on a Friday evening in July and had an excellent meal. It was very busy so quite crowded and tables can be a bit small. Food and service was good. The a la carte menu looked a bit pricy but the set menus gave a good choice and good value.
We had the menu at 49 Euros which provides not only 3 courses but includes a Kir to start, a half bottle of AoC wine and tea or coffee. And no trip is expected. Which I thought was good value, especially for Paris.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank dwd_11
US
“Delicious food, easy experience”
Reviewed 22 July 2012

My spouse and I both had been to France on business over the years, but never to Paris. And we made the not uncommon mistake of sightseeing for too long with our teenage sons and then looking up and realizing we were tired, hungry and had no idea where we were going to look for, much less eat dinner on a Sunday evening.

We walked by Cafe Barjot. We looked at the menu. Walked in. We were seated quickly, treated cordially and served a DELICIOUS dinner for four, and for a better-than-expected price as well. We were so satisfied with our main courses that we stopped there. Would love to sample their dessert menu next time.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank SERUs
Virginia
“Perfect for a Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We visited Paris on a group tour which provided a meal at Cafe Barjot our first evening. We had good service and delicious food. My husband and I had stayed behind for a couple of days and decided to return there for our last night in Paris. The waitstaff was so pleasant. Gemel (spelling?) worked so hard to please and to accommodate our language difference. We chose a fixed price menu of 34 euros which included an appetizer (we chose the eggplant-goat cheese presented with a small head of lettuce and balsamic), a main course, and dessert. The panna cotta with a raspberry coulis has to be the best dessert I had had (please forgive me tarte tartin and creme brulee!) The restaurant was filled with locals by 8:30 p.m. so we were glad that we had come a little after 7:00. The atmosphere is enhanced by the gorgeous decor. Bon appetit!

• Visited May 2012