“Lovely little bistro”
Review of L'Annexe

L'Annexe
Reserve with
L'Annexe is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 17,628 Restaurants in Paris
Cuisines: French
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Montmartre
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Was online looking for restaurants in the area and saw this come up. They were nice to fit us in at the beginning of the evening. Food was excellent and and reasonably priced for Paris.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have eaten here a few times now. I stay in a hotel in the area regularly and like to try all of the promising looking places. I have to say that the reason I chose this place the first time was that it was empty, and I wanted to be served quickly. As it turned out I have no idea why it was empty, possibly because it’s still new, and building a reputation; I expect it to be full every night once the word gets out.

Anyway, I have now made it my favourite eating place in Montmartre area. If you know the area, you will know that this is a significant indicator of a great place to eat.

On my last visit I started with the Tarte de boudin noir. I know that sounds risky, but I knew that everything here will be excellent. This was; mille feuilles topped with baked apple and sliced boudin noir. It was truly exceptional. Next I tried the Supreme de Poulet with morels and chanterelles, which was also superb, so I had the Clafoutis au pommes for dessert. That was truly excellent. I had a single glass of Languedoc red (La Sorga?) which was an excellent choice, though I should probably have stuck with the whites for compatibility with my main course. The Cotes de Duras Sauvignon, Sémillon is a pretty good white and I had that previously.

As a standard starter the foie gras maison is exceptional; I have no idea why it’s better here than just down the street, but it is, and the baked Mont d’Or was the sort of starter that makes grown men cry.

The desserts are again fabulous. I mentioned the Clafoutis au pommes. It’s a Parisian standard dessert, but here it is outstanding; I have not tasted better. The Crème Brulée is another dessert you can get in any Parisian restaurant, but very few are as good as this one.
The service has always been excellent, though I am usually there before it gets full, and the ambience is good when others arrive. The tables are well-spaced for the optimum of atmosphere without having other diners’ elbows in one’s face.

Prices are literally jaw-dropping for this quality of food in Paris, and in Montmartre. I suggest you go there any day except Wednesdays, because that’s the day I usually go, and I will want a table.

Down side? I would say that they could keep a few bottled beers for those of us who have lived in Belgium, but Grimbergen is drinkable with little effort. Apart from that the only downside is the fact that I can't take my wife there.

1  Thank Rouffian
Reviewed 11 February 2014

We had diner in this simple, but lovely restaurant. The restaurant has a typical bistrot atmosphere. We were early, so it was still quiet, later more people came. The food was nice, with vegetables of the season, perfect meat and tasteful sidedishes. Wine by the glass completed the food. Staff was friendly and food was served quick. We recommend the Annexe, for a lovely parisian diner.

Reviewed 2 February 2014 via mobile

Was guided to the wine bar across the road Rue de Ramey which was closed Sunday afternoon. So went off piste at L"Annexe om Rue du Clignacourt.
Small intermit place table very close together, but full got last 2 seats at 1530
Waiter ok but spoke little English so pigeon French and pointing sufficed. Menu on a blackboard went for the beouf au poive served with thinly sliced potato and smoked paprika. Steak fell apart sauce excellent poss could have done with some fresh veg but that didn't seem an option. Wife had Rump Steak in creamy sauce n new potatoes also excellent. Wine best bottle we've had whilst in Paris a 15% Cote de Rhone wow
Just enough room to share a desert Fille milleux with vanilla and bourbon sauce to die for.
Bill 67 euro for 2 bargin

Reviewed 1 February 2014

Stumbled upon this little restaurant after our first choice didnt work out. Found it through the tripadvisor app and it such a pleasant surprise. Food was top notch! the chefs played around with simple ingredients yet the dishes had such amazing flavours! from starters to desserts, it was excellent. The man who served us was so warm and service was great throughout. Paid about 93euros for two starters, mains and desserts and a bottle of wine. Worth every penny!