“Great Cooking Class”

Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes
Ranked #22 of 120 Classes & Workshops in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Eye Prefer Paris Cooking Classes are half-day classes that teach students how to make classic French cuisine. Classes start at 9:00AM with a tour of a fresh food market, then go to a private kitchen by the Eiffel tower & cook a 5-course meal with a wine & cheese course. Time: 9:00AM- 2:30PM (approximately 4 1/2 hours) Class days: Tuesday,Wednesday, Thursday, & Friday Minimum of 2 students, maximum 6 students. Cost:195 euros per person
New York
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 33 helpful votes
“Great Cooking Class”
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Prior to the event, our food preferences and allergies were reviewed. When we got to Paris, and the day of the class, the day started when our tour guide picked us up near the Rennes outdoor market, and we proceeded to buy some of the ingredients for our meal. We then went to Poilane on rue Cherche-Midi to buy some bread, and rolls for a mid-morning respite. They still had Christmas cookies on display, and we got to partake of the yummy, buttery deliciousness. We then metro'd it to Charlotte's home near the Eiffel Tower where we had coffee and rolls, and then made duck, chocolate gateaux torte, blue cheese souffles, and salad. We had a cheese plate from the cheese we bought at the Rennes market. Charlotte is super patient, friendly, and gave us great cooking tips we can use at home. She also gave us copies, in English, of all the recipes. Her kitchen facility is excellent and well set-up to accommodate the class. There were three of us - myself and my travel companion, plus someone we didn't know. By the end of the day, we were all best friends. It was a great experience and I would highly recommend it. Especially when you are museum'd out, and looking for something different - this is it!

Visited January 2014
1 Thank BeeinPA

Montreal, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Thank you Charlotte!”
Reviewed 16 January 2014

This experience, which was recommended to us by my daughter who did a course with Charlotte 12 months earlier, was definitely the highlight of our time in this wonderful city. Our day began with coffee in a little cafe, followed by an extremely informative and enjoyable stroll through the market to shop for our lunch menu. Then back to Charlotte's own home for the cooking experience of a life-time, sitting around her work bench, chopping, stirring and most importantly laughing! 6 hours, 3 courses and 2 bottles of wine later we wandered back to our hotel. My husband is a chef and not only found this day enjoyable but also extremely informative. Thank you Charlotte for such a fun-filled, wonderful experience.

Visited January 2014
Astoria, New York, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Excellent”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

I loved the cooking class with Charlotte. A very French menu with loads of tricks and shortcuts revealed. I just made the Magret de canard at home and it was perfect.
Now on to try the chocolate gateaux.
Fun experience going to the marché first with Richard ingredient shopping.

Visited December 2013
NewYork
“Best experience in Paris”
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The cooking class we took with Diane http://girlcookinparis.blogspot.com/ was fantastic. This was a surprise gift for my husband and he loved it. Diane and I hand selected the menu together and when the three of us met at the outdoor market in Bastille, we picked up all our ingredients. We then went back to her fantastic apartment (next to the Louvre) and cooked up a storm until 4pm. This ex-pat knows her new home-city and her food. From apricot glazed duck to true French fries, we had the most authentic experience yet. Her lovely husband was a nice addition to the table conversation. We felt like we were eating with friends. It was a great value.

Visited August 2013
Ventura, CA
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The Icing on Our Paris Gateau!”
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Of all the wonderful things we did in Paris, Charlotte's cooking class was definitely at the top of my list. Starting the rainy, cool morning with Richard strolling throught the incredible Rennes outdoor market was too perfect. Then shopping on the Rue Cler and ending up in Charlotte's beautiful, warm kitchen just off the Rue Cler with a lovely cup of coffee to welcome us set the tone. Charleston, NC native Charlotte is a natural born teacher (must be something to do with raising triplets on her own in Paris) and a lovely down-to-earth cook with Cordon Bleu credentials. I like to think that I'm a foodie, but I learned so much in a few short hours. And the food - oh my. Charlotte is very intuitive and quickly discerned that our group of 4 was a bit tired from the previous evening's activities and just did everything herself, but explaining all the way. If we'd wanted to cook ourselves, she would have happily accommodated us. Cooking, laughing, eating, sharing stories and wine with a 3 course lunch that Charlotte created was such a treat. Highly recommend this way to spend 1/2 a day in Paris.

Visited May 2013