“great way to look around and taste Monmartre” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Culinary Tours of Paris

Culinary Tours of Paris
Ranked #6 of 158 Food & Drink in Paris
More attraction details
Owner description: Walking tours of Paris that combine eating good food and exploring Paris' best neighborhoods.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“great way to look around and taste Monmartre”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

I went on a Monmartre tour last Saturday. The attendants were only 4, so we could have a small tour which I liked. The guide Jean-Paul was very friendly and patient (I went to several tours in various cities. I think there are always attendants who are so talkative that they make others uncomfortable and prevent others from concentrating on the tour guide. They are usually likely to show off their knowledge about the local area and stuff.)

Since we agreed to share our food, I could taste various kinds. For example, in a 2nd restaurant, 2 people ordered chicken, 1 person ordered rabbit thigh, Jean-Paul did fish and I id poultry. I could taste all of them. I think it's a good idea to share our food if you are into sharing food..

It was nice to be guided by a knowledgeable guide in Monmartre. I could learn French cuisine and Monmartre area. Cheese, Main course and Gallette were super satisfactory. Since the day was the last day of my Paris trip, I packed left over cheese with other attendants' agreement, so that I could have them for dinner on a plane back home. The cheese was still great up in the air.

Thanks, Jean-Paul. I had a great time in Monmartre!

Visited August 2014

“Highly recommend!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014 via mobile

We took this tour today via a recommendation from my husband's colleague. John Paul and Julie were wonderful hosts. Very informative, and the food was by far the best we have had in Paris. You will not be disappointed, well worth the money!

Visited August 2014
San Jose, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Best Tour Ever: Montmarte Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

John Paul and Julie are the cutest couple ever and the best tour guides. They gave a personal twist to it as opposed to just spitting out facts. Everywhere we went on the food tour was absolutely amazing with some of the best food of my life. I advise anyone and everyone in Paris to do this food tour. Well worth it!!!

Saint Louis, Missouri
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Wonderful!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Our food tour was a highlight of our trip to Paris! We did our tour with John-Paul and Julie on our last day in Paris. We wish we had done the tour much earlier in our trip because it really helped us appreciate Paris's food and culture. The food was, of course, excellent. But beyond eating really good food, John-Paul and Julie helped us appreciate the finer aspects of food and wine in Montmarte. Wonderful from start to finish!

1 Thank M K
New York
“Fantastic!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We'd like to echo all the great reviews for Culinary Tours of Paris. The aperitif tour was one of the highlights of our trip. John Paul really knows the neighborhood and the food, and we felt like he was inviting us into a wonderful, delicious world we would never have found on our own. I'd recommend this tour to anyone visiting Paris who likes charcuterie, cheese, and wine (and how can you not?). We enjoyed one of the stops so much that we came back later to gather food for a fabulous pique-nique.