“Superb and memorable lunch”
Review of 35 Degres Ouest - CLOSED

35 Degres Ouest
Price range: US$42 - US$106
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Pres
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had the fixed price lunch and were really impressed both with the ambience, good service, but most importantly, the quality of the food and presentation. The seafood in each course and on each of our plates was superbly presented and cooked to perfection. A few dishes or elements of dishes had run out (we booked for 1:30 and all other tables were in full swing when we arrived) but we trusted the alternative options would be fine and they proved be so. The extra touches of superb petite fours reflect the Michelin Star heritage and standing of this lovely restaurant. The fixed price lunch is remarkably good value.

I'd highly recommend this niche, 10 table restaurant and plan to come back for dinner as soon as we can.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

My Dad, who has lived in Paris for the past 16 years, has made 35 Ouest a weekly regular dinner spot for as long as the restaurant has been in business. It's also my favorite fish place in Paris. The food is always fresh, tasty and beautiful to look at, too! The service is excellent! It's a small place, with 10 tables, so reservations are a must because by 8:30pm the place is packed (and we usually go on a Wednesday night). The staff has always been so kind to my Dad, who is 89 years old, but treats all their customers with a smile and with respect. Merci pour tout les bonne annees avec mon Pere!

1  Thank Anne C
Reviewed 1 February 2014

This is one of the best fish restaurants I have ever been to - it is also one of the more expensive restaurants that I visit, but it is always well worth it, and each time I am in Paris I go back. The starters include a fresh fish tartar with ginger which is extraordinary. There is always a selection of fresh oysters that are unique in their freshness, taste and quality. The main courses consist of a risotto made with squid ink, the likes of which I have never tasted. They also have langostines, and sole which are extraordinary. It is a small restaurant, with excellent service, and unusually well prepared food. The wine list is fairly priced. It is an expensive restaurant, but one worth returning to.

1  Thank Dickster146
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This was a lovely experience. One of us had sole menuiere and the other had sea bass . Both were perfectly prepared and delicious. Not the typical Paris restaurant, it has plenty of space between tables. It is intimate, nicely decorated and has comfortable chairs. The service was excellent and friendly. Although it is expensive (sole menuiere I always expensive) it was well worth it. We will return when we are in Paris again.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

During our one week stay in Paris in September, we had lunch twice at 35 Degres Ouest.
Small, intimate restaurant with excellent service. Our salmon was cooked to perfection.
Food was very tasty and well presented, and a great value at 35 euros for 3 courses.