“EXCEPTIONAL”

Ranked #11 of 1,801 Hotels in Paris
Rotterdam
“EXCEPTIONAL”
Reviewed 12 September 2013

There is only one word that I can use to describe the hotel, EXCEPTIONAL. At arrival, I was welcomed by the General Manager himself. Compared to the other MO hotels that I have stayed in, in Asia, this hotel is much smaller but the service I received WOWed me. The MO personal service and attention to their guests is the best in the hotel industry.
When we went out shopping with our car we got complementary bottled water in the car. The valet parking went smoothly as well. These small but attentive things made our stay in MO Paris even more pleasant.
We stayed in a deluxe room which was very spacious and well designed, the really gorgeous kingsize bed was heaven at the end of a long day shopping. The room had a full range of amenities. The room had the most up to date technology installed.
Highly recommend to all to try out this hotel. Our next visit will be to try out their 2 Michelin Star Restaurant, Sur Mesure.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank marsman63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (211)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Pointe de Flacq
Reviewed 10 September 2013

Decided to spend 2 nights in this little oasis in the middle of Paris!
The elegance and decor of the hotel starts as you enter the lobby. The modern Asian feeling fits perfectly with the building and immediately sets you up in a calm mood following a hectic day of visiting Paris.
The rooms are spacious, bathroom amenities are amongst the best I have experienced and the room technology is as good as it can gets in a 5*luxury hotel. The attention to details and staff professionalism is felt throughout the hotel.
The gym and the Spa are probably the best city hotel facilities I have experienced in Europe.
Will certainly come back as unfortunately "Sur mesure" restaurant was closed in August!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 21 September 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and share about your recent stay at our property.

Paris does have so much to offer... only a peaceful retreat can allow our valued visitors to make the most of the city. I am very glad that your own experience met these expectations.

Our staff and I look forward to your next visit.

With kind regards,

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 6 September 2013

One of the best hotels I have ever stayed in. The service and attention the staff gave us was nothing short of extraordinary. The best concierge desk I have ever dealt with made Paris itself so much better.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 September 2013

My wife and I travel often and stay in top notch places around the world. We stayed at the Mandarin Oriental in Paris for four nights and departed for Provence with a plan to return to Paris in a week and stay at the Shagri-la. We have cancelled the Shangri-la and have rebooked our stay for the Mandarin. Our overview... we were warmly greeted and quickly taken for a tour of the hotel and to our room. Check in is in your room and not in the lobby. The rooms are very comfortable, extremely well kept and very well appointed. Our room was a deluxe with balcony. The rooms are very well insulated... you could not hear a peep. The spa was absolutely outstanding. I had an 80 minute massage and my wide had a facial... both were as good as you get. Breakfast... well... it's to die for. We looked forward to it each day. The selection was far and wide on the buffet and the menu options were significant. The service at this property is second to none. They simply could not do enough for us, and any guest we witnessed interactions with. When I needed to print something from my email, they offered to bring a printer to my room (I turned that down, though). The location is central to many of the sights and shopping one could want. Great, great location. Check out was swift and transportation to the airport was waiting. So we are in Provence at the moment and are looking forward to our return visit to the Mardarin next week for another three nights. Overall, I rate this one of the best hotels we have enjoyed.

Room Tip: Room 213 has a great balcony and is well located within the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Boston area, MA
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I am rating it 5 stars because the lobby and rooms are so relaxing and the Camelia restaurant is a lovely oasis. It was lovely to eat outside. However, the service and room had pros and cons, especially compared to equally expensive hotels like the Peninsula in NY, where I stayed a few weeks ago. On the plus side, when I needed a suit pressed or shirt cleaned quickly, they moved quickly (I came to Paris for a lunch meeting, but that started a negotiation that I needed to move on quickly so had to extend my stay). But, the bathroom was separated from the bedroom by a translucent wall and light in the bathroom filtered into the bedroom through this wall. There was a TV in the bathroom that I needed to turn off and there was no remote control to do so (and no way to do it manually). I asked for a remote control on the second night of my stay and didn't get it that night or the next night. I also had to leave for a meeting at 2 PM and sat down for lunch with 2 colleagues at the Camelia restaurant and told them that I needed to leave quickly. A fourth colleague joined and ordered. At 1:55, I was able to summon someone over and they were holding my meal to wait for the preparation of my colleague's meal. Just didn't get the idea that someone might need to leave on a schedule. These seem like slip-ups for a place that charges 900 euros a night. I also stayed on previous trips at the Westin Vendome and the Renaissance Paris Vendome, both of which are nearby. The Mandarin is more elegant and much calmer but I am not sure it merits a 400+ euro price differential.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 September 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Mandarin in Paris. It was a special trip - our first away from our 11 month old son - and we had the most fabulous stay. Our room was elegant and incredibly well appointed, the spa (and spa treatments) were excellent and the hotel staff were exceptionally helpful. We dined in Sur Mesure on our first night and it was the best meal we'd had in a long time - the food there is ingenious and delicious! And the location of the hotel is brilliant. We loved the Mandarin so much we are already planning a second trip there.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2013

we've stayed at the property on the way from Germany to Nice for a long weekend from Thursday to Sunday in a suite. The location is excellent and the hotel entry area, lobby and restaurant are great. However, we've dished out roughly $10,000 for those few nights and, frankly, it wasn't worth it. The suite we were in, was the Atelier Suite and didn't meet our taste at all, even seemed somehow cheap. But, overall, obviously a neat room, with nice finishings, just a question of taste. As we were using the pool, we noticed in the first night that the small heater in the bathroom for wet clothing didn't work and asked house keeping to fix it. We've asked every day of the stay and it hadn't been touched or followed up upon ever. That seemed to be the general attitude of the staff there anyway: they smiled friendly at the reception but failed in even recognizing us or addressing us by our names, like in other properties. At the hotel pool there are strict usage hours for using it with kids, you have to be out by 5pm and when some cleaning lady (or whatever she was) notified us of that exactly at 5:00pm, she wasn't even friendly. My personal opinion about this is that if I pay in excess of 2,000 Euro per night, I do use your utilities whenever I want to, especially if not bothering other guests. The exception to the weirdo staff was the staff at the Camelia restaurant, very competent in their offerings and extremely friendly.
The room was also over-technologized, to a degree that it was almost difficult to use.
We travel frequently and also to other Mandarin Oriental locations - and this one simply wasn't up to par, the staff didn't follow up on us with the same quality as in other locations. But maybe that was just the French way.

Room Tip: the Atelier Suite is not for everybody's taste.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family