“service beyond expectations”

Ranked #11 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“service beyond expectations”
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I don't normally write reviews but we had such a fantastic experience at this hotel. My wife and I visited Paris for our 10th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago as I had proposed there 11 yrs earlier. We stayed at the Bristol before but decided to stay at Mandarin Oriental Paris. We have stayed in several Mandarin Orientals in Asia and the thing that always sets this hotel group apart is the SERVICE. They arranged our 3 day romantic getaway (we left our young kids behind in NYC) and set us up with amazing restaurants and exclusive visits. Location on Rue St Honore cannot be beat and check in (after a red eye) was fast and offered with a drink. They even sent up champagne and chocolates and rose petals for our anniversary celebration! There was an ipad for use in the room and a beautiful tub and shower. The concierges were all extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Changing plans last minute was met with a "bien sur -pas de problem" attitude. we loved staying here and would definitely come back. Bill E.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bill E

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Turkish first
Rennes France
Reviewed 20 November 2013

What we ( a 25 yr old well traveled couple) liked:
1. Incredible, sexy decor around the hotel and in the suite. I loved the flowers in our suite- on tables, by my vanity etc.
2. Modern. He loved that the suite had an iPad, 3 TVs, iPod player (some amazing equipment brand he was talking about, I have no clue), high tech lights, hi tech toilet... The list goes on. Built in 2011 but feels like its from the future!
3. Attention to detail. Welcoming gifts galore, champagne around every corner, flowers flowers flowers, insane cleanliness
4. Service. Jérémy was a gem and everyone else too. Kind, genuine service oozes from around every corner.
5. Young and sexy. Need I say more?

What we didn't like
1. The pool was a tad bit cold. Not intolerable , didn't even think about it really until I read a "terrible" review from tripadvisor and I thought, oh yes, it was a bit on the chilly side wasn't it? This is really splitting hairs though. ALSO: the service was so immaculate I bet if I would have asked they would have said, oh yes mademoiselle !!! And turned the heat up that instant.
2. I asked the concierge to book me a nonstop train ticket and the next day upon arriving à la gare, I discover it was not the nonstop train. Not cool

All in all - Gorgeous, sexy hotel in the heart if Paris with great moves to match. What's not to like?

Room Tip: 5082 was big. with courtyard view, no balcony but great layout and big bathroom
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Mandarin Oriental Paris is in the heart Paris walking to some of the greatest areas of Paris the Metro is close to Concorde metro I will say about 600-700 meters away from the hotel, and also to mention A great location close to the city's most famous attractions. The moment you get in to the hotel the staff are very friendly, and amazing accommodating to your needs and very helpful. The check is very smooth the staff can help and direct you in any way you may need.
the comfort of my room which is what we need the most after a long trip, .The Room is elegant and modern and Asian touches here and there all the things are almost remote controlled, the TV I think it had over 140 channels almost, a very comfortable bed, the service is amazing Overall, i had a pleasant and memorable I did had a price shock in the restaurant 10 Euros for a cup of coffee

but is a five star cup of coffee… it was worth it
I will truly stay there soon again

• Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank hans m
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 10 December 2013
Dear Hans,

Thank you very much for your time and support and above all, thank you for choosing us.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and we truly hope to see you again among us soon.

With kind regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 November 2013

This hotel lies in the heart of the city,the best place to stay in a great location close to the city's most famous attractions.As u step in to the hotel the staff are very friendly,accommodating and very helpful.The check in happens in a split seconds and you are in the comfort of your room which is what we need utmost after a long travel, the staff escorted us to our suite and made sure everything is fine before she leave us.We were greeted with a personalised welcome notes on the table and on the telly which made us very welcome, it's the effort.The suite is elegant and modern, sound proof and had a very comfortable bed, the service is amazing and the staff are very professional, special thanks to Cindy and Allan of front desk, Ian Kidd Directeur des Services Clients and other staff which i couldn't remember all their names but they are all appreciated.Only one least i would comment is the full body mirror which is situated behind the wardrobe door that is quite a bit awkward place but it can be put up with not a big issue,Overall, we had a pleasant and memorable stay @ Mandarin Oriental Paris with excellent recommendation.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RadzGlenn
MOPAR_11, Responsable relations clients at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for your kind comments and we are delighted to learn of your overall enjoyment with your stay.

I will be sure to pass these on to the team here in Paris and we very much hope that we will welcome you back in the future.

I would also like to take the opportunity to thank you for your feedback regarding the mirror which is of great value to us and can only but assist us in improving our services further.

If I or the team may be of assistance to you again please do not hesitate to contact us.

With kind regards,

Ian Kidd
Director of Guest Services
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 4 November 2013

As if I need another reason to go back to my favorite city, I could just stay in the hotel for the views alone. The staff was amazing, catering to our every whim and personally escorting us back to our suite every time we came home. They were very helpful in arranging any travel and other accommodations for our next destination after departing from them.

The location is so convenient and easily walkable to nearby sights along with quaint cafes and bakeries. I loved the decor, very contemporary and modern - it looks so pristine and you instantly feel sophisticated the moment you enter the lobby doors. We were greeted with a note and petit fours upon checking into our room which made us feel very welcome.

Unfortunately the restaurant was closed during our stay so I did not have the pleasure of experiencing the dining there, but I'm sure it is magnifique considering all the other things they do so well.

Room Tip: Try to book a room with a terrace and have breakfast out there. It's worth it.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Larina,

Our staff is fully dedicated to a personalised and discreet service and I am glad you experienced it first-hand.

A lunch or dinner at Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx, our 2 Michelin star gourmet restaurant is an extraordinary treat. I am sorry you did not get to experience this time and can only wish that another visit among us will provide you with the opportunity to make this amazing discovery.

We are very grateful for your kind words and support and want to thank you for your tim, we look forward to welcome you back among us.

Best Regards,

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 3 November 2013

A modern hotel in a great location! The rooms are maybe a bit too modern! The bathroom is separated by the hall way and makes it not easy to use. The dressing room has no where for suitcases and gets a bit crowded with 2 people sharing. The bathroom walls are opaque and so not totally private - would be a little uncomfortable sharing with a friend.
There is an adequate gym but it is very hot as it is open to the pool.
There is only one eating area - no roof top like the photo suggests.
The staff were very polite and helpful and the location was fantastic. We walked everywhere from there.

Room Tip: Our room was over the road but we were not disturbed by noise from below
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 2 November 2013

This hotel is brand new and is one of the best located hotels in Paris. You step out the door and you are in the heart of it all with an easy walk to the Louvre and all the important sites.
The rooms would have to be the largest in Paris. I would recommend that you pay a little bit more for the suites. They are large and some have balconies facing into a very serene and beautiful courtyard. The staff couldn’t be more helpful. The Concierge know the ins and outs of Paris and can get you a table at any restaurant. If you have time, take a massage at the Spa, its truly the best in Paris. This new hotel has set the benchmark for Paris Hotels.

Room Tip: Request for a suite with balcony overlooking the charming courtyard.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 7 November 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you for sharing with us your recent experience of our hotel and for this lovely comment.

We truly appreciate your time and feedback and feel honoured by your compliments regarding our Spa.

Our staff and I look forward to your next visit among us.

Kindest regards,