“Deluxe shopping hotel”

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Ranked #16 of 1,804 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is the perfect hotel for the super deluxe shopper. If you are into exclusive fashion designer clothes, watches and jewelry this hotel has the perfect location.
The hotel it's self is magnificent. This is the Mandarin quality all the way. Super service, friendly staff, and fantastic rooms. Go for one of the suites and you won't be disappointed.
After a day of shopping you should try one or two glasses of champagne at the. Nice and cozy but also very crowded, a popular place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Andrew18985
Write a ReviewReviews (1,572)

Reviewed 1 December 2013

I was in Paris 3 years ago staying at The Ritz and vividly recall walking past the construction site of The Mandarin Paris wondering how it would compete against Grande Dames. Well here I am today - it does not compete it leads , superb design in lobby , my suite with a court yard view was perfect in flow and comfort. The staff were warm and very efficient - most speaking excellent English. I was welcomed by the delightful Ian Kidd who I recalled from his time at Claridges , and was happy to hear he had followed his GM Philippe Leboeuf to Paris. Philippe you are leading a an amazing team .......chapo and looking forward to returning to my new Paris home.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank JamesSterlingTravels
Reviewed 29 November 2013

My bride and I enjoyed five unforgettable nights on our honeymoon at this property. The service was…well Manderin has the worlds best and this is absolutely up to par. There is no negative's with this location. Just perfect.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 November 2013

If i hadn't staying in a number of luxury hotels in my life, I might rate the Mandarin Oriental higher. It is very, very good.

Rooms are good size, hotel bar great, in room dining and breakfast (special mention here, breakfast is close to perfect), restaurant good. Location is good on one of the main shopping streets. Spa and pool area is much better than average, maybe not quite the design 'wow' of a perfect spa but definitely very very good. Outlook over street to typical French architecture (beautiful).

It is all you can expect from a 5 Star Hotel. Very close to my top rating and probably amongst best places to stay in Paris. Stay here.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I don't normally write reviews but we had such a fantastic experience at this hotel. My wife and I visited Paris for our 10th wedding anniversary a few weeks ago as I had proposed there 11 yrs earlier. We stayed at the Bristol before but decided to stay at Mandarin Oriental Paris. We have stayed in several Mandarin Orientals in Asia and the thing that always sets this hotel group apart is the SERVICE. They arranged our 3 day romantic getaway (we left our young kids behind in NYC) and set us up with amazing restaurants and exclusive visits. Location on Rue St Honore cannot be beat and check in (after a red eye) was fast and offered with a drink. They even sent up champagne and chocolates and rose petals for our anniversary celebration! There was an ipad for use in the room and a beautiful tub and shower. The concierges were all extremely knowledgeable and helpful. Changing plans last minute was met with a "bien sur -pas de problem" attitude. we loved staying here and would definitely come back. Bill E.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bill E
Reviewed 20 November 2013

What we ( a 25 yr old well traveled couple) liked:
1. Incredible, sexy decor around the hotel and in the suite. I loved the flowers in our suite- on tables, by my vanity etc.
2. Modern. He loved that the suite had an iPad, 3 TVs, iPod player (some amazing equipment brand he was talking about, I have no clue), high tech lights, hi tech toilet... The list goes on. Built in 2011 but feels like its from the future!
3. Attention to detail. Welcoming gifts galore, champagne around every corner, flowers flowers flowers, insane cleanliness
4. Service. Jérémy was a gem and everyone else too. Kind, genuine service oozes from around every corner.
5. Young and sexy. Need I say more?

What we didn't like
1. The pool was a tad bit cold. Not intolerable , didn't even think about it really until I read a "terrible" review from tripadvisor and I thought, oh yes, it was a bit on the chilly side wasn't it? This is really splitting hairs though. ALSO: the service was so immaculate I bet if I would have asked they would have said, oh yes mademoiselle !!! And turned the heat up that instant.
2. I asked the concierge to book me a nonstop train ticket and the next day upon arriving à la gare, I discover it was not the nonstop train. Not cool

All in all - Gorgeous, sexy hotel in the heart if Paris with great moves to match. What's not to like?

Room Tip: 5082 was big. with courtyard view, no balcony but great layout and big bathroom
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2013

The Mandarin Oriental Paris is in the heart Paris walking to some of the greatest areas of Paris the Metro is close to Concorde metro I will say about 600-700 meters away from the hotel, and also to mention A great location close to the city's most famous attractions. The moment you get in to the hotel the staff are very friendly, and amazing accommodating to your needs and very helpful. The check is very smooth the staff can help and direct you in any way you may need.
the comfort of my room which is what we need the most after a long trip, .The Room is elegant and modern and Asian touches here and there all the things are almost remote controlled, the TV I think it had over 140 channels almost, a very comfortable bed, the service is amazing Overall, i had a pleasant and memorable I did had a price shock in the restaurant 10 Euros for a cup of coffee

but is a five star cup of coffee… it was worth it
I will truly stay there soon again

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank hans m
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear Hans,

Thank you very much for your time and support and above all, thank you for choosing us.

It was our pleasure to welcome you and we truly hope to see you again among us soon.

With kind regards,