“I am a Fan!”

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Ranked #13 of 1,805 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 13 December 2013

We have just returned from a wonderful Honeymoon in Paris and more particularly The Mandarin Oriental. Perfectly located in the heart of the city with wonderful attractions, restaurants and sites only a short stroll away with great hotel could not be better located. Understated from the entrance with all public areas nicely secluded to allow privacy and intimacy for guests. I would say that it was our haven during our time there. Fabulous bar with great cocktails and a great courtyard seating area which I have no doubt will come into its own in the Summer. Not as decadent as some of the other Paris hotels but with all of the services that they carry and more and this was exactly what we were looking for. The rooms were modern as you would expect from this hotel group but retained just enough of the traditional to balance them perfectly. Having read previous reviews I was a little surprised as to the comments relating to the staff as we found them all to be natural and personable and took pleasure in helping us and making us smile in a polite and relaxed manner. For me that is what great customer service is all about.

I could go on but I am sure that I have made my point and when next in Paris we will be sure to stay there and head straight for the bar and hopefully the restaurant this time as it was fully booked some weeks in advance on this occasion!

Thank you once again to all of the team at The Mandarin Paris for a memorable stay.

Best wishes

James & Sarah

Room Tip: Loved the corner courtyard rooms as quiet, light and spacious.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Dear Sarah, dear James,

First of all, let me thank you for choosing Mandarin Oriental, Paris as a “haven” over your honeymoon trip. It is always our honour when valued guests select us for such an important celebration and I am glad we were able to contribute to this memorable life event.

I am also pleased to read that you enjoyed staff’s sense of hospitality. Our vision of luxury service comes with a Taylor-made approach fitted to meet all our guests’ expectations.

My dear colleagues and I are truly appreciative of your time in writing this review and I would like to thank you on their, and of course my own behalf.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back for another visit.

Kindest regards,

Philippe Leboeuf

Write a ReviewReviews (1,610)

Reviewed 10 December 2013

The Mandarin Oriental FABULOUS!
The staff was professional, knowledgeable, accommodating and yet friendly.
The hotel itself absolutely well appointed, refined and elegant without being ostentatious,
Truly Asian elegance.
Excellent location, in the middle of it all.

Room Tip: I wouldn't know what to say, because our room was excellent! Perhaps the rooms on the south sid...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear guest,

I am very grateful for this positive feedback and will gladly extend your comment to all our staff.

We are looking forward to having the opportunity to welcoming you back.

With kind regards,

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 10 December 2013

WOW! What an amazing hotel experience! This is as good as it gets...anywhere. Sophisticated elegance, yet comfortable and welcoming. The staff is completely attentive without being intrusive or overbearing. Obviously a well trained, tightly run hotel with amazing management. From the gents on the curb to the folks like Laure at the front desk and the friendly bar staff, every guest is made to feel like a star.

Rooms are stunning yet functional and not a single detail is overlooked. Latest technology is complimented by beautiful style. Located in the heart of the Paris fashion scene, beautiful people line the street and mingle in the lobby.

If you want to be pampered, or just be left alone to indulge yourself, this is the place to be in Paris!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 12 December 2013

Dear Jim,

Our valued guests have various expectations in terms of service but we always strive to anticipate their needs regardless.

Thank you very much for this amazing review, your kind words are much appreciated and I will gladly share them with our whole staff.

I hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back among us.

Kindest regards,

Philippe Leboeuf

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I have never made an interim review before but what I found when I returned to my room after dinner took the term "hotel service" to new heights!
My turn down service personnel took time to coil my belt, fold my clothes but what left me dumbfounded was that they put a new tube of toothpaste after they saw my squeezed-to-death tube next to the sink. I have never encountered this anywhere!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank LiangTS
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2013

Dear guest,

Thank you so much for making an exception to your personal rule by providing us with this kind review.

It is true our committed staff always looks for little details that make a difference and make our valued clients’ stay as smooth and enjoyable as possible. I am glad your experience in the matter was so pleasant.

We look forward to your next visit.

With kind regards,

Majbritt Iaconis
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 December 2013

The Mandarin Oriental in Paris is opened two years ago (2011) in the fashionable Rue du Faubourg Saint Honoré.

This is a pretty good alternative to other luxury hotels in Paris.

When I arrived, I received a warm welcome and the fast and easy check-in was done in my room.

I’ve booked a terrace suite (the terrace was actually larger than the suite). I strongly recommend a terrace suite, which will give you a feeling of large space and, in summer, the opportunity to have dinner under the stars.

In summary: great location, helpful and efficient staff, modern-classic decoration, many suites with terrace, great bar and two restaurants with excellent food.

Free Wi-Fi is extremely fast (58 Mbps Down and 47 Mbps Up) and can connect to multiple devices.

Room Tip: Room with a terrace
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Pierre G
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I would say the Mandarin Oriental Paris met my expectations for a Mandarin hotel in general. Everything was of a very high quality but somewhat unremarkable. There were a few minor issues during my stay that probably tainted my impression of the hotel:

1. The rooms were very dark in general. Lighting was insufficient in the entryway where the coffee machine and the closets were.
2. The electrical outlets were not designed with the foreign (non-EU) traveler in mind. Most international adapters won't fit into the circular outlets.
3. Housekeeping forgot to replenish the supply of shampoo/conditioners and other basic amenities.

Overall, if you are a serious shopper, then this hotel would be an excellent choice for you in terms of the location. However, aside from the location, I think it is pretty average for a 5-star luxury hotel.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank hotelsnobbija
Reviewed 1 December 2013

This is the perfect hotel for the super deluxe shopper. If you are into exclusive fashion designer clothes, watches and jewelry this hotel has the perfect location.
The hotel it's self is magnificent. This is the Mandarin quality all the way. Super service, friendly staff, and fantastic rooms. Go for one of the suites and you won't be disappointed.
After a day of shopping you should try one or two glasses of champagne at the. Nice and cozy but also very crowded, a popular place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple