Mandarin Oriental, Paris
US$228
US$146
US$126
Official Site
Grand Hotel Francais(Paris)(Great Value!)
US$132
US$444
getaroom.com
  • Restaurant
1,713 results
All reviewssur mesurecamelia restaurantphilippe leboeufrue st honoreguest relationsthe general managerstunning hoteldeluxe suiteplace vendomeconcierge teammemorable stayroom servicehome away from homerooms are spaciousfour seasonsfive star hotelperfect location
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed with my husband at Mandarin for a week. This hotel is absolutely amazing. Our room was spacious, modernly designed and had view on the gorgeous interior garden. Food was very good in all restaurants but our lunch at Sur Mesure parThierry Marx was astonishing. The staff was professional and anticipated our every needs. We will definitely come back.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jock T
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to reviewing your recent stay with your husband among us.

I am pleased to read that you made the most of your experience at our property, sampling most of what our hotel has to offer.

It seems your stay met your expectations and I am hoping a next visit will provide us with the opprotunity to give you even more satisfaction.

Kindest regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 8 January 2014

I had recently stayed at this hotel to celebrate Christmas from Dec 24-26, and was so pleasantly surprised at how magnificent and spectacular the hotel is, both from the rooms, facilities and the impeccable service. Furthermore, the location of the hotel is right smack in the central hub of Concorde within walking distance to Louvre Museum, Opera shopping area, Concorde and the ritzy Champ Elyses. We were greeted by most charming Manager in the hotel, Charlene and the whole team from Reception, Concierge to the Housekeeping were most helpful and courteous which really add to most wonderful experience of our stay in Paris. The room is so spectacular with stunning artistic interior designs and decor and with the Christmas decorations all over the hotel it really add sparkle to the festive feeling. We just regret that we were not able to spend more time to discover all the facilities in the hotel especially we were informed that the restaurant is managed by Michelin star Chef Thierry Marx. We shall certainly return to experience more of the excellent facilities and services in this hotel, in particular the spa touted as one of the most beautiful and classy which is renowned of the Mandarin Oriental brand.

Cynthia

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Cynthia L
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2014

Dear Cynthia,

What a pleasure it is to read such kind words regarding my dear colleagues and our property! In a few words: thank you for being such a great supporter of our hotel and brand.

It is indeed a shame that you did not get a chance to try our spa or our two Michelin starred restaurant Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx as they are unique experiences by themselves.

Our staff and I surely hope that a next visit among us will provide you with this opportunity.

Philippe Leboeuf

Reviewed 7 January 2014

I stayed at the Mandarin Oriental during the New Year holiday. It was fantastic. I typically only stay at American Express FHRs and this was one of the best experiences I've ever had at an FHR. The property is very modern and beautiful, but really it's the staff that made the stay perfect. Everyone was very friendly and helpful. I am usually a loyal Four Seasons fan, but in Paris the Mandarin is amazing.

Room Tip: Stayed in the Mandarin Room. Very big. The Bathroom is very nice and large. His and hers sinks, separate tub/shower, etc. No need to bring a converter. They are provided.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Junior252525
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2014

Dear guest,

Please allow me to speak on my of our staff by saying that we are honoured to be your chosen property while in Paris.

Thank you very much for your appreciation and support, we look forward to your next stay among us.

With kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Mandarin Oriental Hotels have an ability to seduce you and it starts before you even arrive at the hotel.
Three days before Christmas I received an unexpected e-mail from the hotel indicating their excitement about our visit (My wife, 29 year old daughter and me) in a few days and was there anything special I needed. Silly me, I said I needed nothing special.
We arrived by cab from Gare du Nord on Boxing Day and were greeted by the renowned warm welcome provided by the handsome Mandarin doormen, baggage was discreetly swept through the main doors. Once inside we were literally surrounded by unconditionally friendly receptionists, guest relations officers and the duty manager. The hotel was busy but I think the personnel are trained to do 3 things at the one time.
We were whisked to our rooms and enjoyed a relaxed in-room check-in. Again discreet and warm. A great kick off to our Paris post Christmas break.
The rooms are a good size, 45 square metres with luxury bathrooms, Deep tub, large walk in rain-shower, lots of space for toiletries along the double sink vanity unit. White Carrara marble was beautifully lit with warm dim-able lighting.

The bedroom is modern elegant chic with colour photographic artworks, warm soft textile wallcoverings featuring soft silks and satins in gold and tans. So very relaxing. We raided the mini bar which was well stocked with everything one desired. Our fruit baskets and white and beige flowers were refreshed every day. Complimentary espressos, cappuccinos and infusions were most welcome after a busy shopping day.
My daughter always loved butterflies so the use of this motif, which carries from the lobby up to the guest floors, delighted her. There are butterfly chandeliers, carpets and artwork which draws the hotels together.
Thierry Marx is the Michelin starred Executive Chef and his food is exciting, modern, colourful, tactile, flavoursome and above all fresh. There are 2 restaurants and both are worth a few visits.
The Bar has a huge marble/granite centre piece and the spectacle of the cocktail-shaking mixologists can entertain you for hours. They are all young super friendly and multi-lingual.
The location is second to none, metres away from Place Vendome, Rue de Rivoli and the Tuilery Gardens.
But the most attractive part of our experience was certainly the friendliness of all the staff, they are so proud of what they do.........and it shows.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the Garden, they are quiet and you feel you are in a resort rather than a downtown hotel
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Liam L

Dear Liam,

Being proud of our day-to-day effort to providing our guests with the best experience possible is one thing. But our valued clients noticing that pride is surely another and I cannot express how touched we are by your kind words.

It seems like your trip went smoothly – not a given thing on boxing day – and I am very glad we contributed to this peaceful experience.

We hope you will renew this experience and that we will have the pleasure to welcome your wife daughter and yourself again soon.

Hotel manager

Reviewed 2 January 2014

Divine few days in Paris at this fabulous hotel. Such a glamorous boutique style property on Rue St Honore which is unquestionably the best shopping street in town. Man Ray photographs in the hotel are so cool, particularly The Kiss which was on the headboard in the room.

Fortunately we had the opportunity to have cocktails and a light lunch in their beautiful courtyard when we stayed earlier in the summer. Good idea to book though as it is very popular with the Parisians and people watching is a wonderful pastime in this gorgeous city.

Sur Mesure, the hotel’s two star Michelin restaurant, is definitely a must even if you are not staying at the hotel. The chef is Theirry Marx - France’s answer to Heston Blumenthal, and the menu is interesting with both delicate and delicious dishes to choose from.

Already looking forward to my next stay.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank annscotttravels
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 10 January 2014

Dear Ann,

Thank you for sharing your astute insight on your Parisian experience at our property.

We are grateful for both your time and feedback. And it is a great pleasure to read how you sensed the true French contemporary luxury essence of Mandarin Oriental, Paris.

Our staff and I are looking forward to your next visit among us.

Philippe Leboeuf