“Another fantastic weekend at the Mandarin Oriental in Paris!”

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Ranked #12 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I've just returned from another fantastic weekend at the Mandarin Oriental in Paris. I've visited this hotel several times and every time has been as fantastic as the last!
This beautiful, colourful, stylish hotel is in an excellent location in Paris.
They have some of the best equipped rooms you will ever experience. They seem to have thought of everything.
But what makes The Mandarin Oriental so special is the level of the service. The staff are professional and attentive yet it's done in a relaxed, friendly and charming way. They're almost telepathic! It's like they know what you need before you need it.
And they have possibly the best concierge service I've ever experienced.
I'm already looking forward to the next time I can return!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Deborah,
We are touched by your enthusiastic review. We are humbled by your comments about our food and beverage, our rooms, and our attentive team.
We consider our entire staff as our greatest asset and their dedication towards extending a highly personalised and exceptional service is what makes any experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris a special one.
We look forward to having you with us again soon.

Philippe Leboeuf

Write a ReviewReviews (1,642)

Reviewed 18 February 2014

The Mandarin provides an experience like no other, it is perfectly located, beautiful, modern, zen like ambiance. The reception was so welcoming, the bedroom suite was very spacious, overlooking a quiet courtyard. The rooms were filled with fresh flowers, champagne, chocolates, macaroons and exotic fruits. The beds are the most comfortable.
The entire hotel staff were extremely professional, warm and friendly. The attention to detail is exceptional, they have thought through everything to make our stay a truly perfect one.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2014

Dear Ivy,
Thank you so much for such a lovely review.
As you mentioned, you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I was pleased to read met with your expectations.
As I always do, I have shared your kind words with the staff who makes this all happened.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed 18 February 2014

It was such a pleasure to spend our vacation in Mandarin Oriental Paris. The hotel itself is like any 5 star hotel but their service definitely will make it differentiate! All their employees from doorman to concierge to waiting staff must have received the best training in the industry since every little detail and request was taken care of (most of the time or requests had been fulfilled even before we asked) and thus, the attentive staff at the hotel managed to exceed our expectations many times. Thank you, we will definitely return!

Room Tip: The rooms facing the garden are quiet and peaceful. The terrace room would be lovely during summer!

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and experienced exemplary service from our team.
Guest satisfaction is one of our highest goals and we are delighted that our friendly staff met your expectations.
We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I had the chance to stay in this hotel for five days during January of this year. My friend Al-Mutairi and I shared a room which was wonderful, very spacious compared to other Parisian Hotels' rooms. I have to say, the best part our stay in this hotel was the room service food, it was AMAZING. You have to try the biryani. It was the BEST biryani that I had ever tasted, and I should know (I'm Indian). Also, I recommend that you take a river cruise after you finish your biryani meal and enjoy the view of Paris.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Dear Joseph,
Thank you for taking the time to leave your thoughts following your recent stay with us.
We are pleased to know that you were able to make the best of your stay amongst us, and I will very gladly pass on your positive feedback to our room service team.
We look forward to welcoming you back at Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Best regards,

Reviewed 16 February 2014

I have just returned from a 1 night stay at the hotel and all I can say is how fantastic it was. The staff customer service was spot on, everyone seemed to want to ensure you enjoyed your stay. we were greeted with champagne on arrival and had a huge fruit bowl and hand made chocolates in our room. the hotel is very modern but comfortable, we stayed in a junior suite which was very well appointed and worth the additional costs. we ate in the hotel and had a 9 course valentines tasting menu, again fantastic the food is superb and an experience worth trying. the spa is also very good, we had the signature massage which was great and the staff very attentive and professional. I will definitely be returning again soon.

Dear guest,
Thank you for leaving such a lovely feedback following your recent stay with us at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
I am so glad to read that you enjoyed the Valentine’s tasting menu our chef Thierry Marx created for the occasion.
We always strive to ensure we provide an exceptional service; so to read your kind words is very much appreciated by myself and the brilliant Mandarin Oriental team.
We all look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

My partner and I decided to visit Paris for the weekend, none of us has ever been before so we were both very excited.
We stayed at Mandarin Oriental and even though it was for only 1 night - it was an absolutely amazing experience!
The hotel is just stunning! Beautiful modern interior, peaceful, in perfect location... Staff is incredibly caring and attentive, always with smile wanting to help, make you never want to leave.
We have been incredibly lucky as we got upgraded to a suite which was just gorgeous, high-tech accessories, iPad with internet access and that super sized bathroom - a dream of every woman!
We have also had dinner at hotel's restaurant 'Camelia' - food was delicious, service was once again faultless and atmosphere lovely & relaxing. Maxence who was looking after us that evening was very helpful and attentive, knowledgeable about the hotel and its services, a true star!
Before we left for London, we went back to Camelia for some tea and desert, and one thing you also should know - they make absolutely sensational deserts! It is really hard to finish with just one :)

Dear Kasia,
I was thrilled to read your kind words following your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
As you mentioned, you enjoyed all the facilities of the hotel but the most important aspect is the service which I am pleased to know met your expectations.
I have passed on your encouraging feedback to my brilliant team and really do hope that you will come back to Paris and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014 via mobile

I stayed there Jan/14 with my nephew and we just loved it everything was very well taken care of the spa was like the crown of the experience so luxurious and friendly.
The only bad thing was the room service dinner we had was unprecedented so uneatable I guess the chef did know nothing about culinary experience.
I recommended highly for a stay in Paris it is very expensive but worth the money.

• Stayed: January 2014

Dear guest,
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience and for your sincere feedback.
Your comment of the Spa facilities and team has been shared and we are delighted to know that they have lived up to and exceeded your expectations.
However, I would like to sincerely apologize that our in-room dining did not meet your satisfaction and will inform our team of your observation to ensure an impeccable room service experience in the future.
Best regards,