“Great staff”

Ranked #10 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Great staff”
Reviewed 18 March 2014

We stayed at the mandarin for 3 nights for our journey in Paris.
The concierge was very helpful and gave us a lot of advice for our visit. The rest of the staff are really friendly also so you won't feel forgotten.

Only the room was a bit small so it wasn't convenience for our luggages. I have asked if they had a bigger room but nothing was available.
The receptionist haven't asked me if I wanted to do any upsell so maybe they were fully booked already.

But I will definitely recommend this hotel for their service

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Jkerryohn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (203)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Stay for 3 nights for travel last week, here is my experience.
The hotel is located in the very central of shopping district , really close to get anywhere you would like to go. All the equipment are top-notch, included Josephine Home,Diptyque amenities, bathrobes by Frette, Bang & Olufsen audio system , even mariage freres teapot. In general , the members were always smile and helpful. I also expected what we called seamless service in mandarin oriental hotel, which really touch me in Hongkong and Bangkok. But some points may not equal to its top price in paris
1. After I was check-in, my luggage was not delivered to my room for more than 1 hour until I informed
the front desk.
2. Teapot!!
It never happen to me like that. I like to have tea in room and I also have a mariage freres
teapot. This time, when I filled up hot water and pour out the tea. But there were oily and milky-like
material floating on the tea. When I look inside the pot , so MANY DIRTIES on the wall of teapot.
Although I do not check it first, i wonder it is the problem due to the way of its washing , or the
quality of water (evian?) or they do not clean it thoroughly? And the housekeeping man just came
over and exchanged one for me. No sorry eventually.
3. Stop calling me!
At 3pm , I told to the first house-keeping man that please clean my room at 6pm. Then, 15mins later
Another one call me and asked which time I prefer to clean my room. I responsed her politely.
Oh-lala, 20min later, another one ring my door and ask if I would like to clean room NOW?

I do not know if I was spoiled by asia enthusiasm like bangkok. The hotel is really amaizing in europe I think. But I expected it more!!

BTW, the spa and thebreakfast are excellant!
My recommendation: choose package and try spa

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank stirbar
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Everything from start to finish was beyond what we imagined. The service was impeccable. (!) ... I cannot begin to stress that enough. Champagne on arrival, an in-room check in, immaculate room and room amenities, and fantastic location. This is definitely how a vacation should be spent. ALMOST did not want to leave the room. If presented the opportunity, would stay here in a heart beat again. Special mention to Filipe (Guest Relations Manager) ...Many thanks for all of your assistance, and best wishes from Bermuda!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
St Albans, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 March 2014

A superb Hotel in a very nice part of the city. The service is impeccable and the rooms are excellent. staff with great professionalism and kindness, ready to give all the information and suggestions for exploring this wonderful city. we will turn back.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Amanda,
We are touched by your enthusiastic review. We are humbled by your comments about our rooms, and our attentive team.
We consider our entire staff as our greatest asset and their dedication towards extending a highly personalised and exceptional service is what makes any experience at Mandarin Oriental, Paris a special one.
We look forward to having you with us again soon.
Warm regards,

Reviewed 5 March 2014

Was here for 2 days on business and everything was excellent - facilities, food, accommodation and organization were first class.

I am in the travel business so I stayed in so many luxury hotels around the world but I must say this hotel was beyond perfect. The entire hotel staff was extremely professional, warm and friendly. Even the General Manager would walk around the hotel greeting the guests himself, which I believe is really special.

The attention to detail is exceptional and the hotel is very generous with extra amenities such as chocolates, macaroons, exotic fruits and plenty of glass bottled Evian water. All the guests enjoy a relaxed in-room check-in which is really comfortable and discreet.

The location is perfect just walking distance of all the high-end fashion stores. The breakfast is really good and if you don’t feel like going out for dinner the room service food is delicious.

It was definitely the nicest hotel I have stayed in Paris and I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Mandarin Room with balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Hussain,
Thank you for sharing your astute insight on your Parisian experience at our property and it is a great pleasure to read how you sensed the true French contemporary luxury essence of Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
We always try to do our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us.

Our staff and I are looking forward to your next visit among us.
With kindest regards,

Philippe Leboeuf
Rome, Italy
Reviewed 27 February 2014

I just spent two nights at the Paris Mandarin Oriental, on rue Saint-Honoré. A wonderful experience.

Location is perfect, in the center of the ultra-chic shopping district.

You would expect the best in this location, with such a brand. And I was not disappointed in any way. I had Suite 509, decorated in a very contemporary fashion, with a touch of more classic features. The blend is just right. Guest amenities are top-class, bedding and linen are among the very best.

My expectations were surpassed in one particular area: quality of service, and staff attention. There are a number of wonderful hotels in the world where everything is right, except attitude toward the guest. In the case of the Mandarin, there always seems to be someone mind-reading your every whim. You are thinking about asking for another spoon while eating? It’s there on your table even before you had time to ask. You are wandering about the lobby, looking for something? A manager comes to you and offers help. All in a friendly and natural way.

Full marks!

Room Tip: Suite 509 is gorgeus!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear Marcel,
Thank you very much for your lovely comment on Trip Advisor.
I am delighted to know that you had such an enjoyable stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
Besides our perfect location in the heart of Paris and our contemporary property, our goal is to make your stay unforgettable and successful, and for that our colleagues try to anticipate all your expectations and needs by providing a bespoke service. We are glad to know that we have fulfilled it!
Be sure that we will share your kind words to our staff.
We are looking forward to welcoming you again
Warm Regards,

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 23 February 2014

My stay at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Paris is most definitely the most amazing hotel experience I've ever had. The location and the rooms are superb, the staff beyond friendly and helpful, the food at the hotel restaurant Camelia and at the hotel bar is beyond fabulous. From the moment I walked in to the very end of my stay, I felt surrounded by warmth and comfort - a very serene and relaxed environment where your every need and desire is met with care and efficiency. I highly recommend the Manadrin Oriental to everyone visiting Paris who's looking for the ultimate experience in every sense of the word.

• Stayed February 2014
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you so much for this heartening comment.
I am delighted to know that you had such an enjoyable stay with us and we most definitely hope to welcome you again on your next Parisian stop.
Thank you again for your warm recommendation.
With best regards,