“Exemplary comfort”

Mandarin Oriental, Paris
Ranked #11 of 1,800 Hotels in Paris
“Exemplary comfort”
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Amongst the many 5 star hotels around the world we've experienced, the Paris Mandarin is truly top tier. This was our second visit and confirmed the good feeling from the first. Too many hotels even in the top bracket have an impressive public face in the lobby and restaurants but the rooms are often a disappointment. Not so with the Mandarin where the rooms are luxurious yet comfortable. Service as always in Mandarin Hotel is excellent and warmly offered. Higly recommended whenever you're in Paris.

Room Tip: The deluxe room would be my choice. Good bathroom layout and enough space.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Nick,
Thank you so much for this heartening comment.
It was lovely to welcome you back amongst us and I am glad to read you made the most of our location on rue Saint-Honoré.
Thank you for your recommendations and your trust, we truly appreciate it and we look forward to welcoming you back soon.
With kind regards,

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Florida
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The rooms are well appointed, comfortable and quiet with modern large and well supplied bathrooms. The concierge services were gracious, charming and efficient. Arriving at 6:00 a.m. after a trans Atlantic flight we were greeted at the door, taken directly to our room where we checked in and the bed was turned down and fresh fruit and pastries on the table. Room service is expensive. Housekeeping varied day by day.

Dear Mary,
First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to review your April stay amongst us.
I am glad to read that you enjoyed our Modern Parisian design and our chic and cozy rooms.
I am however saddened that your whole experience did not meet your expectations.
It seems like you were disappointed with some of our services.
Our dedicated staff strives on a daily basis to offer a discreet yet permanent attention to our valued guests.
Be certain that your remarks have been passed on to our housekeeping and in room dining services, as we are always working on improving our guests experiences.
With best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014

The Mandarin Oriental in Paris is a truly stunning hotel, from the minute you enter it's doors. The service was impeccable, the staff were so friendly and not too intimidating. I loved the design of my suite, the bathroom was amazing and the comfort and colours of the room are so tastefully done. I did not use the gym or pool but had a look so I can use them on my next visit and they were truly awesome.
I had breakfast and the staff again were very inviting and the breakfast was great, I was just sorry the courtyard area was not open as I would love to sit out there for a cocktail, I will just have to go back. Would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,
First of all, thank you very much for sharing your lovely comment on Trip Advisor.
We appreciate the time you took to recognize our associates, and will share your comments with them.
However we are really sorry you couldn’t access the courtyard area as we were making improvement in our lovely and peaceful garden.
We look forward to your next visit in Mandarin Oriental, Paris to enjoy one of our Bar 8 specialties in the garden.
Warm regards,

Macau, China
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Simply a great hotel. Great interior design elements alone sets this hotel apart from the competition. But the staff do of course make the real difference. Highly attentive, professional and proactive. Great stay, Would certainly recommend and would definitely return!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Mark,
Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay at Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
We appreciate your feedback, and will use it to continue improving our service and products to our guests. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed your overall stay, and look forward to your next visit.
Hearing stories like yours confirms to us that it worth working hard for making our guests feel FANtastique!
Best regards,

Los Angeles, CA
Reviewed 4 May 2014

The Mandarin Oriental Paris is one of those hotels you come across every now and again that you just know is destined to become an iconic property. The design throughout the hotel has been tastefully thought out, from the inviting and personal space of the lobby and reception area to the rooms and suites which are supremely comfortable and chic.

The Michelin starred restaurant in the hotel, Sur Mesure, is a treat for even the most jaded traveler, as is the amazing breakfast and outdoor garden restaurant. The ambiance is distinctly sophisticated and the service provided by everyone connected to the hotel is truly superb.

Upon arrival we were met by wonderful Mandarin Oriental hosts who somehow already knew our names, offered us fabulous champagne, and immediately made us feel at home. We had the pleasure of being treated like VIPs by every person we came in contact with, from the well-dressed doorman to the friendly housekeepers to the knowledgeable and passionate concierge, reception and restaurant teams.

This hotel is located in one of the most desirable addresses in Paris, and is a perfect base from which to explore the city. I can't think of one thing I would change about the hotel and only wish that I had had a few more days to spend at the Mandarin Oriental Paris.

Room Tip: A few of the rooms have large outdoor terraces!
3 Thank johnatsong
MOPAR_11, Directeur général at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear John,
Thank you very much for this thoughtful review.
I am glad that you had the opportunity to try both our restaurants; our contemporary brasserie Camélia with our outdoor garden to enjoy a peaceful dinner and our gourmet restaurant Sur Mesure par Thierry Marx.
It seems you were able to make the most of what our property offers, from location to service and ambiance.
Thank you also for becoming our ambassador by sharing your experience, we greatly appreciate your support and are delighted to count you as a Fan!

With kind regards,

Philippe Leboeuf
Directeur général
Africa
Reviewed 1 May 2014

It's my first day here and first day in Paris. I've fallen in love with this hotel already. Love at first sight. Managed to get an early check in. Breakfast was fantastic. The room is big and immaculate. It's located on the quiet side. I do not have a brilliant view but I don't mind really. Lovely Bang and Olufsen tv. Nice rainforest shower. Lots of space to store clothes. Hotel is central and close to a couple of sites and in a shopping district with great brands. Shops are closed today because it's a public holiday. I can't wait to do a bit of shopping tomorrow. Went out for a walk to the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre. Just got back to the room and found a lovely fruit platter and champagne in a bucket with ice (not for free..ordered it when we did the reservation). Sipping a glass of it as I write this review. I still have two more days here but the first impressions have been fantastic.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank kkn889
MOPAR_11, Hotel Manager at Mandarin Oriental, Paris, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,
I am glad to read you made the most of our great location right in the fashion district and in the middle of so many tempting boutiques.
Our valued customers’ feedback is essential in our commitment to the best guest experience.
Thank you very much for your time and support and above all, thank you for choosing us.
It was our pleasure to welcome you and we truly hope to see you again among us soon.
Best regards,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Forget about the Hyatt or the Royal Moceau, the place to stay in Paris is the Mandarin. The service is top quality, the location is amazing and the room are the largest rooms in Paris. It was amazing staying there, the check in structure is the most relaxed I have every experience. Therefore, I highly recommended. The staff in the bar is also unmatched. We thank the Irish guy there for making us feel at home.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Marterism
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comment on Trip Advisor!
I am glad to read that you enjoyed your romantic stay and every aspects of Mandarin Oriental, Paris.
You can count on me to pass on your compliments to the staff and to Fiachra Martin, our Irish Bar Manager!
Allow me to thank you on their behalf and on my own for your time and kind words.
We truly hope to see you back soon at our property.