“A very special place in an overcrowded area”

Le Germain & Club Paradisio
Ranked #10,845 of 19,283 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Saint-Germain-des-Prés
Reviewed 27 June 2018

This is the place in Paris where I am always happy to return for lunch or dinner. Happy above all because quality is always high and by quality I mean fresh ingredients and healthy food (rare in Paris, I dare say) - such as gaspacho, avocado with fresh herbs, crispy Caesar salad and a divine ceviche - but one can also have here classic dishes such as a steak tartare or fish and chips. I have no compliments enough for the both impeccable and friendly service (my compliments to the human resources people!); this time we had twice the chance to be "in the hands" of lovely Morgan! Drinks are also very good here, and it's the perfect place to sit and enjoy looking at people passing by in peace in an otherwise over-crowded, too touristic area.

Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

It is a hip restaurant with fun decoration and great music but the food is as an average bistrot . So à but disappointed

Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

This restaurant is a trendy place in chic area of Paris. I came there alone and I’ve met there nice French guy who was waiting for his friends hi’s offered a drink to me and later we’ve had a dinner with two friends of him. In the restaurant there’s a bar where you can have a drink while you’re waiting for your table to be ready. We ended up 4 of us. I had no starter. For main I took salmon with a mashed potato. The food is simple and good and big enough if you are very hungry. My salmon was soft, not overcocked or row, just cocked enough to be enjoyed. Mashed potato was good. We didn’t take any desert. The bill my friends have payed. Truly speaking I didn’t see how much was the bill. The restaurant is serving food till midnight and it’s open till 2 a.m. It has warm terrasse. In France in many restaurants or coffee shops you can have warm terrasse during cold periods. The restaurant has a night club which’s open till 5 a.m. I can’t say how it is, I’ve newer been there but I’ve been told that it’s nice place and it has nice crowds.

Reviewed 2 November 2017

Located in Lively Saint Germain, Cafe Germain is one of the more stylish restaurants in the area. The front of the restaurant was lined with seats that were perfect for people watching. I had a drink there myself, more on that later. Based on my experience, I suspect people come here more for the stylish setting rather than the food.

The paired down menu, available only in French, included a selection of entrees, plats and desserts, along with a few other items. I had a chicken dish, Supreme de Poulet Fremier Roti. Both the food and the presentation where pretty uninspired. I expected better. Worse, was the cocktail I had outside. A poorly made and overpriced Whiskey Sour, that I should've sent back. As far as service goes, Cafe Germain is also one of those places with a lot of attitude. Too much for what they have to offer.

A lot of style, but no substance.

Anne-Laure M, Responsable relations clients at Le Germain & Club Paradisio, responded to this reviewResponded 11 January 2018

Hello,

We thank you for the time you have given us to share your experience at Germain.

This experience does not reflect the Germain. Indeed we are working a homemade food, with fresh products prepared minute. Just like cocktails made with premium alcohols.

We also thank you for the praise for the design of the restaurant.

We hope to see you again that you can see our quality of service and the quality of our products.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 October 2017 via mobile

We booked in due time a table for tonight. We arrived 5 minutes before 8PM and was directed to wait in the bar. After some time we asked the waiter for our table as there were no other customers in the restaurant and we did not observe any action from the tree young laidies in the door (good looking but not effecient at all).

The waiter in the bar was so kind to show us the table and suddently the lady in the door showed up and asked us to move to another table despide we were allocated our table already ???

So we left the restaurant and are now enjoying our dinner at a place with service !