“The best meal in my life” 5 of 5 bubbles

L'Ange 20 Restaurant
Price range: US$41 - US$45
Cuisines: French, European
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Description: Typical French bistro located in the hart of Marais just a few foot steeps away from the "Place des Vosges" and Saint Paul Church. From the small intimate and cozy dining room you can see everything that happens in the kitchen. Thierry the owner and his team will pay special attention that you feel at home. Here one does not hesitate to speak directly to the kitchen! The dishes are simple and tasty. All made from fresh products cooked like at home The wine list offers a wide selection of French wines, selected with care. You 'll find your happiness at reasonable price.
Stamford, Connecticut, United States
“The best meal in my life”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

All I can say this is the slowest I have eaten a meal in my life as I wanted the flavour to last as long as possible. We went at lunch time and the choice is easy, you have two entrees, two main's and two desserts plus about four wines. Each of them was fantastic, I have the goats cheese to start and then my wife and I shared the mains of chicken and fish. If I lived in Paris I would be there each week, the chef was fantastic and you can see all the preparations going on in the kitchen. Considering all this, unbelievable that the price only came to 40 Euros for two!

2 Thank Scott22-10

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
New York City, New York
“A great evening”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

This tiny bistrot in the Marais is hidden away on a side street, so you wouldn't simply come across it. The bistrot itself is tiny, and although the tables are squeezed in, it creates a cosy, intimate atmosphere rather than a feeling of being cramped. We arrived at 20h (with a reservation) and by 21h there were people waiting outside for a table. However, this did not make our (lovely) waiter rush us; in fact the service was perfect. The menu is great value and offers a range of choices. The portions are generous and the food itself is well prepared and presented and everything we had was delicious. I would particularly recommend the duck main course, which was the best duck dish I've had in a long time. I would strongly recommend a visit, even if you have to travel a bit to get there.

New York City
“Best in Paris”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

My wife and i dined at at this restaurant in our last trip to Paris. The food was incredible! It does require reservation, though, as we tried to go without one and it was fully booked. Absolutely a must go if you want great food and experience at reasonable prices.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
“Small restaurant with great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2012

Booked online following reviews on Tripadvisor. This restaurant does not disappoint. Small restaurant off the beaten track down a narrow side-street opposite the Pompidou Center. Cosy dining space. Two chefs in the open kitchen. The waiter spoke English to help us with the menu and ordering. Choice of starter plus main, main plus dessert or all three courses for a set price. Ordered main meals of deck breast and slow cooked lamb. Food was good quality, cooked perfectly and simply but beautifully presented. For dessert had rhubarb compote with strawberries and cream and caramelised apples in a bitter almond sauce with mascarpone. Desserts combined sweet and sour tastes perfectly and were delicious. Restaurant busy with tourists like us, popularity justly deserved, would definitely recommend more people visit this little restaurant.

1 Thank jhdh53
Toronto, Canada
“Great great great”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

Great food, great service and great location. My husband and I just came back from Paris last week. We dined at L'ange 20 the last night before we left. If we were staying longer, we would for sure go again. The food was totally 5 starred!! And I admired the chef and sous-chez who were non-stop cooking doing their magic in the open kitchen where all the guests can see.
One thing to note is that the place is very small so remember to make a reservation before you go as it gets book up most of the nights and I see the waiter turning away guests that did not make reservation.
Both my husband and I are foodies and we have been to some very fancy restaurant. The decor may not be the most glamourous but the food are definitely top-notch. Plus it was 28euros for a 3 course dinner!! This is unbeatable in Paris. This is a "Must dine" spot!

• 3 of 5 bubbles