“Best restaurant we ate at in Paris”
Review of Saveurs d'Atika

Saveurs d'Atika
Reserve with
Saveurs d'Atika is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,371 of 17,009 Restaurants in Paris
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Le Marais
Toronto
“Best restaurant we ate at in Paris”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We went here for lunch with our 4 year old around 2pm. Had checked out a couple other restaurants in the area but weren't inspired to eat there. This place had a nice lunch menu for 14E80 of either starter and main or main and dessert. They also had an extensive a la carte menu.
The restaurant was beautifully decorated (with the nicest restaurant bathroom I've seen in years) and very welcoming. We ordered 2 lunch set menus with starter and mains. Starter was a delicious cold ratatouille and lentil combination plate, and we had couscous with vegetables and meatballs and ginger chicken with rice for mains. Everything was beautifully cooked and absolutely delicious. The hostesses' mother cooks everything herself and does a wonderful job. The chicken was so juicy and about fell off the bone, with a wonderful sauce accompanying it. The meatballs were spiced to perfection and served with a big serving of vegetables and a mound of couscous.
I savoured every bite and our daughter said she wished she could eat lunch and dinner there every day.
This was by far the best food experience we had in 6 days in Paris and I tried to talk my husband into going back again for a meal on our last day - unfortunately I wasn't successful. I'll definitely be making him go back the next time we're in Paris.
Service was very friendly and quick. Value for money very good for Paris. Absolutely nothing negative I can say about this place at all. Delicious!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank drk2004

“Tres, Tres Agreable!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

For the second year consecutively, we have rented apartments in the Marais. This restaurant was one that I bookmarked before we departed the US. It is less than .5 mile from St. Antoine and Rue Sevigne. A great walk down some memorable streets/lanes.

The place is small, 4-5 tables, one round table that seats 6. The atmosphere is welcoming, cozy and almost like being in the family's dining room. A woman greets and seats you upon arrival. She is energetic and smiles continuously. She apparently likes people. She does not speak english. I asked her what D'Atika was. She told me "C'est Moi", it is her name. Atika is in the front end of the place and her mom is in the kitchen making dinners. She can cook!

I had the veal tangine with almonds and figs. The veal was on bone and tender, the figs like candy. I mixed in my side cous cous with the plat principal for an extra treat. My wife ordered a beef cous cous which she enjoyed much. I had dessert of cafe et baklava. The baklava is a small serving, typical of Parisian portions but very good. This version used walnuts.

In our ten days in Paris, I had Italian, Portuguese, Haggis and raw oysters from the fish monger who setup shop outside our apartment on Friday to Sunday. This small, real neighborhood restaurant served the best of any food type we had during our stay. When I say neighborhood, I mean local residents, all folks Atika knew, came in for sit down or takeout. Do not let language be a barrier keeping you from this place. Atika's daughter, age 8-10, speaks French, Spanish and English. With two dinners, wine, my total was 45 euro. You will like D'Atika's.

• Visited November 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Family-run business with authentic, home-made cuisinse”
Reviewed 24 October 2012

This tiny restaurant hasn't been open long but has charmed clients with its excellent value and tasty food. It's not grand Moroccan cuisine, but it doesn't pretend to be anything other than good, home cooking. The menu is standard - if you know the cuisine everything will be familiar to you; the dishes are, as the French would say. 'correct'. But I was particularly grateful for their comforting and well-spiced vegetable starters after too many vegetable-free French meals. The welcome is very warm also - smiling daughter out front, mother in the kitchen.If you're in the area (near the Bastille) and have tired of French food this is an excellent antidote.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank tangoclare
“Homemade food, familiar atmosphere, clean and hospital.”
Reviewed 3 August 2012

Excellent tajines, cous cous and homemade cookies and dessert. 20 euros for person, very nice and not expansive!

1 Thank peach31
“Nice ambiance, average food”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

The dining room is cozy, the staff is very welcoming, and the prices are quite reasonable. The starter we shared, a selection of various salads (spiced carrots, mixed peppers, etc.) was very good. But my two Moroccan expat dining companions were not impressed with their pastilla main courses. My lamb cous cous was fine, but not memorable. It could have been an off day.

• Visited July 2012