“A home away from home”
Review of Courcelles-Parc

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Courcelles-Parc
Ranked #12 of 130 Paris B&B and Inns
Huntington, New York
“A home away from home”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

First and foremost, Philippe and Natalie are the most gracious hosts that you will ever meet.
They go out of their way to make you feel right at home. From Philippe carrying your luggage all the way to Natalie giving you great shopping tips. The breakfast every morning was fresh and includes great conversation. I think Philippe could be a stand up comedian as he had me laughing all the time. In addition, they sit with you and help you plan out your day (Thanks to TA, I already had most of it planned, but it was nice to get hints that you can't read about, like a better bus route, where to shop or even making a reservation). Our room was the "Place de la tour Eiffel" which was spacious and immaculate. The shower is in the room, but the room had the toilet (private just for your use) just in front of the door (kind of cool as you have more space and privacy, but can be a pain if you make multiple trips to bathroom in middle of the night). The B&B is in a great location as it only 1/2 block away from the Villiers Metro station, which services two different metro lines (2 and 3). We were able to get to any major attraction within 20 to 25 min. It is also a great location because you can walk to plenty of restaurants, a grocery store, ATM, and even a great bus line. I would book early as there are only three rooms and they get booked fast! The B & B was like a home away from home.

Stayed July 2014
4 Thank Nez D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Des Moines, Iowa
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had arranged an internship in Paris when my current and only husband asked me to marry him. When I protested about giving up my Paris plans, he promised that he would take me to Paris himself. Forty-four years later, he made good on his promise and we arrived at Phillipe and Nathalie's little bit of Parisian heaven which is just a short walk from the Champs Elysees. This is not a tourist area but rather a somewhat upper class district in which people work and live.

Our hosts, Phillipe and Nathalie were kind, helpful, sophisticated, and extremely witty. They were assisted in their hosting duties by Maurice VIII, a fish who swims happily in a little bowl on the center of the breakfast table in Phillipe and Nathalie's apartment. Every morning of our three day stay, we would take the elevator up to their apartment for a communal breakfast which included your choice of juice, fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal,assorted pastries and jams as well as coffee, tea or chocolate. After showing our respect to Maurice VIII, we would fall into easy conversation with Phillipe and Nathalie. I was delighted to find that Nathalie shares my love of old American movies. She is a very interesting woman married to a very amusing man. Phillipe loves compliments, so be sure to come to the breakfast table prepared.

As senior citizens, we can experience difficulties that I might not have noticed 44 years ago. We found this establishment to be especially friendly for mature individuals. The elevator was especially appreciated. No climbing stairs with heavy luggage. No huffing and puffing up and down sets of stairs, just jump into the elevator. The location is great. The Villers metro is right on the corner a few steps from the B & B front door as are taxi and bus travel options. It was very easy to catch the metro to make connections to Versailles as well as the Louvre, Notre Dame, and other tourist destinations. The area is extremely safe and filled with shops and restaurants and laundries. Our room was immaculately clean. The mattress was very good on our old backs and the duvet that covered us was soft and warm. The in-room shower had plenty of hot water. We were in the one bedroom "Place de la tour Eiffel" which suited us perfectly. We had our own private bathroom just outside our bedroom door, very much like we do in our own home. We found the room to be very quiet and peaceful.

Phillipe was very helpful with maps and suggestions for restaurants. Coming up the elevator to our elegantly decorated room after a day exploring Paris, it almost felt like we were coming back to our own Paris flat. A favorite memory was an early morning rainy walk in the beautiful Park Monceau. We each carried an umbrella and still managed to hold hands. The air smelled amazing. The flowers could have been plucked from a French impressionist painting

Courcelles-Parc is just a short distance from hot chocolate at the Eiffel tower, crepes on a boat on the Seine, and Laduree macaroons on the Champs Elysees. We wandered in an about so many Paris landmarks always finding our way back to the haven of Courcelles-Parc. As long as we avoided mirrors, we felt very, very young.

We have met a great number of people in our 44 years of marriage and travel together but none better than Phillipe and Nathalie. We are planning on returning. I doubt that Maurice VIII will be waiting for us but I expect his namesake will be there. Until then, I will remember fondly our Parisian adventure and the lovely people that helped make it so special.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
10 Thank pierglass
Altoona, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I can't say enough wonderful things about this gem of a bed and breakfast in Paris. It is located in the 17th Arrondissement, a little off the beaten tourist path, but in a great location. If you want to see how real Parisians live, then by all means stay here. No tourist traps. No kitsch sellers. No pickpockets. No street scammers. Just a real neighborhood with real people. The Parc Monceau -- perhaps the most lovely in Paris -- is a block away. The Arc de Triomphe is within walking distance. The Villers Metro stop is steps away, conveniently connecting you to the rest of the city. Our room was light, airy, nicely decorated, oh-so-Parisian, and plenty spacious. Our innkeeper Phillipe was very nice, very funny, and very helpful. He and his charming wife Nathalie host the breakfasts in their wonderful apartment on the top floor of the building, which is by the way the same building that Phillippe grew up in. These are wonderful people and wonderful hosts for your next trip to Paris. And they provide a wonderful place for your stay..

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Goodney
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our trip to Paris was made so much more memorable by staying here. My husband and I (in our twenties) stayed here with my parents (in their fifties). We did the the family suite, the Place Saint Germain Des Pres, which worked out great. The rooms were very beautiful and well cleaned. The artwork all is carefully thought out, and the beds were more comfortable that our bed even at home! The bathrooms were gorgeous. It is located in a very nice neighborhood. It was a nice, quiet break from how touristy the other parts of Paris can seem. I felt like staying here helped our stay seem more like we were living the life of a true Parisian, not just a tourist. My husband and I went running in the mornings in the nearby Parc Monceau. We enjoyed exploring the market nearby for fresh goat cheeses, and the best baguette we had the whole trip! This place would be a great place to come with friends, and we hope to come here many times in the future! Staying with Nathalie and Philippe made our experience in Paris more authentic. Our leisurely breakfasts, spent listening to Natahlie share her art experiences at the Louvre to Philippe's jokes. The breakfast was very good, and the coffee amazing! The trains were on strike during our visit, and they helped us navigate a backup plan for transportation so that we could still visit all the places as planned. My husband and I are huge foodies, and Philippe made the very best restaurant recommendations and reservations. He booked for us the best table at Le Kong when we celebrated our 4 year wedding anniversary. It was also my husband's 27th birthday, and booked our reservation at the restaurant L'Improviste (which we had our favorite meal of the trip). Philippe even helped organize a cake from their favorite place. Their advice for where to visit and eat was invaluable. Our trip to Paris was amazing, and many of my favorite memories that I take away are because of our stay here. I use trip advisor often, but have never felt the need to right a review until my stay here. I cannot say enough good things about our stay. If you want to experience Paris as a true Parisian, I encourage you to book it right away!

Room Tip: Place Saint Germain-des-Près works great for families/ friends of four. The room in the back is the...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Kelsey E
Port Moody, Canada
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We recently stay here for three nights at the beginning of June. We stayed in the Champs Elyees room which was very nice and had plenty of room compared to a hotel room. Nathalie and Phillipe were excellent hosts and we're very friendly and had lots of recommendations on what to see how to get there where to eat etc. Phillipe was a wealth of knowledge about everything in Paris . The place is centrally located so it is easy to get anywhere by bus or metro subway. Hopefully if we get back to Paris we will stay at parc Courcelles without hesitation.
Frankt

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Durham, North Carolina
Reviewed 3 June 2014

My wife and I were only able to stay here for 2 nights in the Champs Elysees room (2 rooms with en suite bathroom). We were fortunate that there was availability that matched up perfectly with our needs. The proprietors, Phillipe and Nathalie, are truly something else! With humor, insight, and culture, they made the tail end of our Paris trip really memorable. The breakfast was fresh and light, and served in their home. We were the only guests for breakfast at that time, so they tended on us with the utmost care. Their recommendations of what to see, where to eat, and what to avoid were spot on. Their perspective on things was much appreciated. Phillipe is a hoot who tries hard with English and does very well. We were in touch by cell phone before we arrived, and I kept having to call him to delay our check-in time because we were having so much fun in Paris. He never complained and told me that whatever time we wanted to check in was fine (unusually nice for a bed and breakfast!). The property is kept up well. We even used the umbrella provided to us. It is located on a busy thoroughfare with easy access to the Metro, but in a nice safe walkable neighborhood with great side alleys and restaurants. We didn't need air conditioning, and Phillippe indicated there was none in the apartment, but I don't know if he was just pulling my leg or not, because he likes to joke. What we paid was expensive by U.S. standards but what you would expect in Paris. It was way cheaper than the hotel we stayed at, with far more personalized attention. We would DEFINITELY stay at this property again should we be lucky enough to get to come back to Paris and get a reservation! THanks for a great visit, Phillipe and Nathalie!

Room Tip: stay in the Champs Elysess suite if you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fiend
Alexandria, Va
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This was our first experience at a B&B in Paris, and my husband and I were unsure about what to expect. We were so pleased with Courcelles-Parc (17th arrondissment), and we would definitely return! Our hosts Philippe et Nathalie were delightful; Philippe has a terrific sense of humor (and makes fun of his English which is quite good), and Nathalie was so knowledgeable and passionate about her city and its history. If you don't know Paris, they will guide you; if you have been before, they will offer more out-of-the-way ideas, and there are maps available if you need them. Philippe and Nathalie reside on the 6th floor, and breakfast was served every morning in their beautiful apartment. Each morning brought a different mixture of people, so our breakfasts tended to last a long time with all the conversations going around the table. I particularly enjoyed being able to speak French with Nathalie and some of the guests. Our room was La Tour Eiffel with the WC across the hall, only steps away - not a problem, because it was ours and ours alone. Our room was beautifully appointed with large windows and, although it was on the 1st floor (second floor in American parlance), it was very quiet; the bed - an important item after a long day of walking - was large and very comfortable. We were only steps from the Villiers Metro stop, and if you forgot to pack something, the Monoprix was just behind the B&B. Parc Monceau was just a block away (be aware that it closes at 8 p.m.) The neighborhood was busy but not touristy, and when we explored, we found great little pockets of local restaurants and bars. Merci, Philippe et Nathalie.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple