“Romantic”

US$36.74*
Big Bus Paris Hop-On Hop-Off Tour
Ranked #98 of 1,228 things to do in Paris
Reviewed 20 August 2014

It's a nice gesture to your significant other. The setting is romantic, if you manage to disregard the street (bridge) vendors.
A kind of declaration or renewal of your feelings.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

What perhaps started off as a nice, romantic idea, has definitely turned into an eye-sore. All bridges around the Ile-de-la-Cite are drowning under the weight of countless colourful and kitschy padlocks. The local authorities recently launched a campaign encouraging tourists to post selfies taken on the bridge, instead of locking more padlocks, as parts of this bridge have started to collapse. It's a bit sad watching the frenzy of tourists buying overpriced padlocks and scraping for a tiny space to 'leave their mark'.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

Firstly, my rating as 'Average' only coz Im unable to decide if this bridge is a sight or sore... Its both depending on how u wanna look at it.
Sore, yes, coz of polluting the Seine with the keys of your love life n also contributing to falling apart of the bridge (Our local guide informed us that parts of the bridge have fallen into the river due to the sheer weight n had to be replaced, thus losing the parts of the authentic bridge).

Sight, coz, irrespective of how much the fellow contributors in TA have rated it low, the sight would've halted them in their tracks to absorb it all, even if they would have to click their tongues at the end. Its amazing to see people put a lock on any avail place.. (any!!), sometimes even multiple locks chained together. I would request not to add to the weight but plz do stroll along slowly absorbing the different sizes / colors / new / rusted / numbered and even padlocks too. Some of them would defntly make it a sight difficult to forget in the near future, whether positive or negative.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

There are so many different type of padlocks on this bridge, I'm surprised it's still standing with the weight of them all.

Don't worry if you don't have a lock on you, there are plenty of people selling them for 3 euros on the bridge. On the day we went there was a lady walking around who had an engraving pen to engrave anything you wanted onto the lock for 3 euros.

She gave us a sticky note to write our message and engraved it onto the lock in 2 minutes.

This is a must visit if you are in Paris.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

We stumbled across the bridge while walking to a museum and I remember my friend telling me that she put a lock on the bridge for her an her boyfriend. It was so cool seeing all of the locks and I enjoyed reading them as well. And you don't even need to put a lock on for you and your significant other, I saw some in memory of lost loved ones, families, friends, etc. And we thought of a cute idea of what to put on my lock... I put my name + ?. That way, when I meet the right person, I'll give them the key!