“Good location”

Best Western Hotel Eiffel Cambronne
Ranked #1,012 of 1,809 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 22 October 2013

Spent 4 nights at this hotel which was very conveniently situated and less than 5 minutes walk from both the Cambronne and Grenelle Metro lines. The room was VERY small and the decor would benefit from a little TLC, however it was clean and lovely and warm. The bedding and towelling were clean with the towels being changed daily. There was only one power socket so it might be a good idea to take a 2/4 bar extension. The water was hot but the shower was a bit hit and miss to regulate. At one point we had brown water coming from the hot tap, we reported it to the person on duty at the reception, he dismissed it saying to keep the tap running which we had done as we had a photo of a full bath of brown water! We reported it again the following day to a different person on reception and this time it was investigated and rectified. The breakfast area was clean and the breakfast was adequate. Most of the staff were helpful and friendly.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Jan T

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Went to Paris for the horse racing with some friends and wanted something that suited everyone's budget and this place couldn't have been better. Great location near Métro La Motte Piquet Grenelle and short walk to the Eiffel Tower. The rooms are a little small but perfectly adequate. All of our rooms were well decorated and spotlessly clean. Bathrooms were well equipped, too. It was amazing value and a good continental breakfast was included in the price. Free WiFi.It's in a nice area with a market on Sunday. Plenty of very welcoming bars all around. The staff were really friendly and welcoming. Can't fault it and will book it again for next year.

Room Tip: If you're fussy, the main road is busy so ask for a room at the back.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank PMH57
Reviewed 28 September 2013

We stayed here 7 nights, the air conditioner in our room didn't work and the staff unfortunately was not able to fix it. Can't beat the location, affordable and clean. Check out the bakery across the street.

Room Tip: The room was extremely warm, loud street traffic so not able to open window. Confirm AC works.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HappyTraveler22591
Reviewed 2 September 2013

Overall a very good experience with this hotel. Yes the rooms are very small but i expect that in europe. Elevator is one person with a suitcase at a time but it kind of added to the charm. I did not know i was getting a balcony with my room i was very happy and surprized with my great view. The room was very clean and thats important to me. There is a small store across the street and a bakery on the way to the metro which is 5 min walk away. Very close to the eiffel tower i loved the location of this hotel. Above all i commend the staff here, i came across maybe 6 diff people and all of them spoke english and were very helpful. They provided directions and called the shuttle for me when i needed to change my plans. I really enjoyed my stay here and for the price i paid it was a bargin. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone traveling to paris and would most likely stay here again in the future

Room Tip: My experience was with queen room
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank ktdtw3
Reviewed 21 August 2013

We stayed there for 6 nights, the room was on 3rd floor and view was not great but we did not spend much time in anyway. Air condition works well, hot water is fine but the room is a little bit small. We never tried the breakfast. Cleaning services is amazing! Cleanest hotel I have stayed in Europe. Staff speaks fluent english (except for night watch) and is very helpful, you can find all kinds of brochures in the lobby. The only problem is wifi is a little bit stupid you need to refresh your connection around every 10 minutes. The location is great, you can use both stations from line 6 (closer) or 8, there is a bike rental station of Velibre very close and you can walk to Tour Eiffel in 10 minutes. The area is very safe, there are 2 bakeries, 2 markets and 1 pharmacy on the same street. Also at the beginning of the street there are many nice cafes with reasonable prices. We loved our stay there and would prefer again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Öyküm G
Reviewed 25 July 2013

A friend and I recently stayed here for 2 weeks and everything was wonderful. Our rooms were very clean each day. The hotel is in the perfect spot, very close to the metro, a laundromat, convenience stores, attractions, cafes and restaurants. The best thing about this hotel though is the staff! Each day every member of the staff was very kind, helpful and informative. I don't think that I have ever stayed at a hotel anywhere in the world where the staff was as kind and accommodating. There was one young lady especially who was extremely nice every day, I can't remember her name, but she was helpful about the metro, where the best places to go for Bastille Day were, to watch out for pickpockets and safety, she offered amenities, and most importantly she was just very kind. All in all, our stay at the hotel was great, but the staff is what makes this hotel wonderful.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
6  Thank Michael L
Reviewed 24 July 2013

I've stayed at this hotel three out of the four visits to Paris. You can take the metro to the Cambronne station, which leads out to a number of cross streets. Rue de la Croix Nivert is a couple streets over to the left; the hotel is about 3 blocks down on the right. There are a number of restaurants at this main intersections, a pharmacy (maybe 2 now...), and a couple small grocery stores. There are a few ways to get to the Tour Eiffel, and I usually take a route that is about 10 minutes so it's very close to the Tour Eiffel for a great price.

The staff have always been very nice and helpful, providing maps and even holding our Paris Passes until we arrived the first time we stayed there in August 2009. The only thing I have to complain about are the other visitors. The past two times I stayed at this hotel, I was up half the night with rude visitors yelling and slamming doors. While this is not the fault of the hotel, and I could have called down to complain, I wish that the walls were a bit thicker so I didn't have to hear two girls fighting at 3am. The rooms are not big at all but are highly sufficient - who wants to stay inside all day when you can see the beauty of Paris?! :) The beds were comfortable and the bathroom was clean. I've recommended a number of friends to stay at this hotel (they have also been quite pleased) and any future trips to Paris will most likely be at this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple