“Fit the bill for our stay in Paris”
Review of K+K Hotel Cayre

K+K Hotel Cayre
Ranked #255 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Pleasanton, California
“Fit the bill for our stay in Paris”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel was located close to the Metro so that was most important to us as we traveled to Roland Garros each day to watch the French Open. The breakfast was basic and we did not expect more. The wait staff were not overly friendly and they needed more help. When we sat down, I ordered a cup of tea and then went over to get my food. Half way through eating my food, I flagged down the server and asked about the tea and she indicated it would be 10 more minutes (I would be done before then). I opted for self serve juice. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly! We travel quite a lot and are rarely experience a problem with the beds but we found the bed to be very uncomfortable and each of us woke with back aches in the morning. I think it may have to do with the making 2 twins into a king and whatever contraption they use to convert the bed. The bed was higher in the middle and both of felt like we were sleeping with our bodies higher than our heads and felt pushed to the outsides of the bed due to the mound in the middle.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tracey W
Christophe S, Guest Relations Manager at K+K Hotel Cayre, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for your review and for your nice compliments about our front desk staff.

I am sorry if you had a bad experience with our buffet breakfast and our beds. We recently changed all of our mattresses and I am surprised that you did not feel satisfied.

However, it seems that you had a nice stay overall and I hope you did enjoy the French Open.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I checked in at K+K hotel on September 7, 2013 and checked out on September 14, 2013. I must say for this hotel to be a 4 star hotel, I was a bit disappointed. For one, at breakfast in my opinion was average, there were times where we ran out of scrabbled eggs and strawberry yogurt. I can recall that we did not have strawberry yogurt for a few days.
I was not impressed with the room, the only thing that I liked about the room was the bathroom although it was small, I found to be very modern. Another issue was the fact that we did not have wine openers in the room, we had to go down on two separate occasions to the bar in the lobby to have our wine bottles opened by the bartender, which was an inconvenience.
My second day at Paris, I went out exploring and was injured with a broken ankle. We arrived at the hotel via cab, and I asked my daughter to go to the front desk and ask if a wheelchair was available. To my surprise, she was informed that did not have a wheelchair available. I did not have any crutches at that time and no one from the hotel came out to assist me. The only person that assisted me with exiting the cab and entering the hotel, was another guest at the hotel.
Another issue I encountered was the evening before I was to check out, the concierge's desk was called to make lunch reservations for the next day. I went down that morning to confirm that such reservations were made and upon my arrival, I was informed when I inquired that reservations were not made. They had no idea what I was talking about.
The only employee that I was impressed with was Dennis. Dennis was there upon my arrival the first day. He was always willing, very helpful and pleasant.
I was not impressed with the lobby area, because I felt the bar area and the eating area was connected along to the sitting area. There was no division to separate the areas.
I love to travel and have traveled to many places around the world which include the following; Portugal, Thailand, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Brazil etc. Before traveling to Paris, I stayed at the Phoenician in Scotsdale, Arizona and it was a great experience. K+K Hotel is 5 times more expensive then the Phoenician, so my expectations were greater.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Luz4442014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us!

I regret that you were disappointed about our breakfast. Please note that it is a buffet. You will always find basics such as pastries or bread everyday… but we sometimes like to change some little things, like yogurts flavor…

Sorry for your broken ankle. It is too bad that it happened during your vacation in Paris. I regret that you were disappointed about the fact that the hotel does not provide wheelchairs… Hotels rarely provide these kind of things unfortunately…

You were not very fond of our rooms either and I also regret it. I wouldn’t compare Scotsdale to Paris but you are right, our city is more expensive...

Anyway, we thank you for your nice compliments about Denis and we hope that his professionalism will make you come back to our hotel one day!

Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 5 June 2014

Great location. We were able to walk to almost everything. There is a metro stop just outside the front door. Breakfast was good. However, the room was very small, there were no twin beds (as requested) and no view at all. It was very expensive for the shoe box that they put us in. There was no place to put the luggage and still move in the room. Definitively not a room you would look forward to returning to for R & R.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and for your nice compliments about our buffet breakfast.

We usually always give our guests what they request. Unfortunately, we probably never received your information, that would explain why you did not have a Twin bedded room.

I regret to read that you were disappointed abour the size of our room. I agree that hotel rooms in Paris are smaller that in some other countries like US. However, K+K Hotel Cayré has different room categories... Do not hesitate to book a Deluxe room or a Junior Suite next time… You will surely feel better in one of these spacious rooms…

We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Kindest regards,

Bensalem, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We just returned from six days in beautiful Paris and must highly recommend this hotel. The staff were amazing, everyone so nice and accommodating. The room was extremely comfortable and the bed a pleasure (that is so important). The location is perfect, Metro right outside the door, walking distance to Musee d'Orsay, The Louvre, among others. A nice selection of restaurants in the area. Definitely a good choice if you plan a trip to Paris!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Cecilia P
Dear Cecilia,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay at the K+K Hotel Cayré.

Our location is fantastic, you are right. It is so important to be well located when you visit a city such as Paris.

It is also great to know that you enjoyed our beds. We take good care of giving the best quality to our guests.

Sydney
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Have stayed here with and without family on occasion over several years.
The rooms are always clean, the staff professional and the breakfast terrific. We have had rooms with no view facing the back courtyard, but on these last stays I had rooms, on the uppermost floor, with views . The views were a lovely bonus. I appreciated the chocolates or sweets left for me as a return guest, even though it has been a long time since I was last there. The hotel very kindly minded my bag for much longer than would normally be expected, and I am very grateful for that. Definitely recommended.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

What a great review!

Thank you for your nice compliments about our staff and facilities. I am also very glad that you enjoyed our lovely room with a view and that you found our breakfast ‘terrific’… I couldn’t agree more with you, it is delicious…

Come back soon!

Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed here 3 years ago and enjoyed so booked it again for a week. I requested a twin bedded room as I was traveling with my grandson. i also emailed my request. Imagine my dismay to find a double bedded room. Denis, to whom I was speaking was less than helpful. I could not move to another hotel as I had arranged for private tours from the hotel. Finally someone came from the office and found us a room starting the next night. The next day I heard a couple checking in saying they had requested a shower only room and they were told as I was that the request was never received. Perhaps this is something that needs to be addressed.The rest of our stay was wonderful. We were upgraded at no charge. Andrea and the rest of the staff go out of their way to be helpful. The location is ideal for using buses or the metro and within walking distance of the Louvre, d'Orsay, and other attractions.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank arlene1265
Dear Arlene,

Thank you for your nice compliments about Andrea and the rest of our staff.

We usually always respect our guest's requests. Unfortunately, it seems that we never received yours. If we knew you were travelling with your grandson, we would have automatically allocate you a Twin bedded room for sure.

I am glad to learn that one of our manager found you a solution for the second night… If we could, we would have solved the problem the first day but it was a difficult situation as the hotel was fully booked in this very busy period.

Sorry for the bad experience, but I am happy that it did not affect your ‘wonderful’ stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you again!

Kindest regards,

Glasgow
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This hotel is in a good location on the Left Bank.
Good points -
Very clean
A comfortable, quiet room.
Good service from staff at reception
Not luxury and probably not 4 star by some standards but, for Paris, very good value and 4 star is a fair rating.
Well stocked mini bar
Poor points -
No bathrobes
Erratic maid service. No coffee sachets or milk one day and another day not even cups.
The bed was just two twins pushed together.
No spare pillows, just one each.
All in all though, a fair value experience.

Room Tip: Our room on the ground floor at the rear overlooked a courtyard. It was rather small but very quiet.