“Blissful Vacation”

Ranked #253 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Rocky Mount, North Carolina
“Blissful Vacation”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel's location was awesome. Being in a vibrant eclectic area, the Latin quarter, was exciting and energizing. The hotel staff was welcoming and very helpful for restaurant recommendations, for securing last minute reservations on a dinner cruise along the Seine and for supplying the "odds and ends" we forgot to pack. The room was spacious and well appointed. We had free wi-fi access, a tablet hotel and area guide along with other basics.

My wife was impressed (which was quite a feat) and wistfully said as we were leaving, "We're coming back here." Enough said!

1 Thank kmoore8753
Christophe S, Guest Relations Manager at K+K Hotel Cayre, responded to this review, 29 June 2014
Dear Mr Moore,

Thank you for your very nice review.

I am glad to read that you enjoyed your room and our free WiFi access.

It is always our pleasure to organise your restaurant reservations. Our staff has always a good place to suggest and you were right to listen to them.

We hope you will also listen to your wife and that you will « come back here » very soon… We are waiting for you !

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (300)
  • Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
N Ireland
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights. Good breakfast and small but comfortable room. Probably twice the price of an equivalent hotel here though but like everything else in paris overpiced. Also had my phone stolen which marred my visit, despite being carefl. Took a taxi from train station and he got lost and charged us for the extra driving around. They are arip off the taxis

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Daphne G
Christophe S, Guest Relations Manager at K+K Hotel Cayre, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Melissa,

Thank you for your review.

The main problem of Paris is probably its price… It is a very expensive city, I agree.

However, as you say, it is beautiful. Definitely worth it! I am really glad that you had a good stay and that you will keep good memories of us.

I am sorry that you had a bad experience with the taxis… Unfortunately, it is something we have no power on… But as a traveler myself, I had the same experience when I was abroad... Taxis can be a problem sometimes when you're a tourist…

Baltimore
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My title of this review should say it all, but I know I have to say more. The staff were just wonderful, the rooms were spotless and very well appointed (as well as spacious for France), and the breakfast buffet was delicious. Being in the Latin Quarter is a big plus in that we were walking distance to lots of lovely restaurants, bistros, and cafes, as well as the Orsay and Louvre museums.

My only cons were that the bed was too hard for me (a common problem for me, which is why I always travel with an inflatable air mattress, which did the trick), and although the breakfast buffet was delicious (REAL eggs and not powdered), the same things were on it day after day, which got a bit tiresome given we were there for five days. These cons, however, do not detract from my 5 star rating because everything else was so wonderful!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the top floor away from Boulevard Raspail for a quieter room.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank TripLady5
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your 5 stars review!

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us that much. I really appreciate that you though our staff was wonderful and that our buffet breakfast was delicious. We do change the products from time to time, it is not always the same thing day after day… too bad it wasn’t the case during your 5 days stay…

Our location is a plus, I totally agree with you. It is actually the perfect location for visiting Paris.

Feel free to contact us directly for your next visit so we can take care of your reservation and book you an Executive room on a high floor with a terrific view.

Pomona, New York
Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I have been guests at the K+K in Paris on multiple occasions and always leave with the same wonderful feeling of being at a "home away from home".
We are always impressed with fine service the hotel provides, along with the friendly atmosphere that makes each stay a most pleasant experience.
We look forward to our next trip to Paris and our stay at K+K.

Room Tip: Certainly the executive class are the larger rooms and the higher floor rooms that face Rue du Bac h...
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your nice compliments and for your loyalty towards our property.

It is always great to read that our regular guest keep having the same positive feelings stays after stays… It means a world to us!

We can’t wait to welcome you again… in your home away from home…

Kindest regards,

Omaha, NE
Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

The mattress was comfortable. The location was terrific. The rest was average at best. This was our first time in Paris, so I really don't have a frame of reference. This hotel would be under $300/night in NYC and I paid $500/night in Paris. Over priced in my book. The service was pretty helpful, but the attitude was aloof and rude. For instance, my electric adapter wasn't working. I was not sure if it was the outlet or my adapter or my phone charger. I reported it to the front desk and they grabbed it from me, quickly took it to a back room and immediately handed it back and said it worked. I asked to see for myself, since it did not work for me and he was offended, saying "what, you don't believe me?" The fact was, it worked for a second for me too, then cut out. He plugged it in in front of me and then could see it actually didn't work. They did loan me a working one.

Other things to be aware of.....if you are older or less nimble, the step out of the shower is 20+ inches. Beware. The room temperature was hard to moderate-cold all day, warm in the middle of the night. The shower was even more erratic, going from hot to cold every few seconds. The fancy magnetic keys they use, which must be left at the front desk when you depart the hotel(another annoyance) , also don't work very well. It took at least 2-3 attempts each time. The lamp on the nightstand was in front of a wall switch, so if you bumped the lamp, then another light in the room turned on.

The comforter was heavy and there was no separate sheet or blanket so I woke up very hot every night. A lot of little things. I would look elsewhere if I were to return to Paris.

Stayed June 2014
3 Thank Kitchenqueen99
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you liked our comfortable mattress and our terrific location in the center of Paris.

However, it’s a shame you didn’t totally enjoy your stay with us. I truly regret that you thought our staff was “rude” as we are used to have only positive feedbacks. We deeply apologize if you had a bad experience that day and we are relieved that we could solve your cellphone problem at the end.

Also, please note that the air conditioning only works when the window is closed. If it’s not, you will definitely have trouble using it and the temperature will be hard to handle.

About the magnetic key, we ask our guests to leave their key at the front desk for security reasons. Moreover, you don’t have to worry about it while you are outside. They actually work very well if you know how to use it – you should have asked for our help, we would have showed you how to master it, it is very simple.

I know Paris is a very expensive city, however, as you know it now, it is beautiful, and we hope that you will change your mind about not giving us another chance to welcome you again and make your second stay better that the recent one.

Pleasanton, California
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel was located close to the Metro so that was most important to us as we traveled to Roland Garros each day to watch the French Open. The breakfast was basic and we did not expect more. The wait staff were not overly friendly and they needed more help. When we sat down, I ordered a cup of tea and then went over to get my food. Half way through eating my food, I flagged down the server and asked about the tea and she indicated it would be 10 more minutes (I would be done before then). I opted for self serve juice. The front desk staff were very helpful and friendly! We travel quite a lot and are rarely experience a problem with the beds but we found the bed to be very uncomfortable and each of us woke with back aches in the morning. I think it may have to do with the making 2 twins into a king and whatever contraption they use to convert the bed. The bed was higher in the middle and both of felt like we were sleeping with our bodies higher than our heads and felt pushed to the outsides of the bed due to the mound in the middle.

1 Thank Tracey W
Christophe S, Guest Relations Manager at K+K Hotel Cayre, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Tracey,

Thank you for your review and for your nice compliments about our front desk staff.

I am sorry if you had a bad experience with our buffet breakfast and our beds. We recently changed all of our mattresses and I am surprised that you did not feel satisfied.

However, it seems that you had a nice stay overall and I hope you did enjoy the French Open.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I checked in at K+K hotel on September 7, 2013 and checked out on September 14, 2013. I must say for this hotel to be a 4 star hotel, I was a bit disappointed. For one, at breakfast in my opinion was average, there were times where we ran out of scrabbled eggs and strawberry yogurt. I can recall that we did not have strawberry yogurt for a few days.
I was not impressed with the room, the only thing that I liked about the room was the bathroom although it was small, I found to be very modern. Another issue was the fact that we did not have wine openers in the room, we had to go down on two separate occasions to the bar in the lobby to have our wine bottles opened by the bartender, which was an inconvenience.
My second day at Paris, I went out exploring and was injured with a broken ankle. We arrived at the hotel via cab, and I asked my daughter to go to the front desk and ask if a wheelchair was available. To my surprise, she was informed that did not have a wheelchair available. I did not have any crutches at that time and no one from the hotel came out to assist me. The only person that assisted me with exiting the cab and entering the hotel, was another guest at the hotel.
Another issue I encountered was the evening before I was to check out, the concierge's desk was called to make lunch reservations for the next day. I went down that morning to confirm that such reservations were made and upon my arrival, I was informed when I inquired that reservations were not made. They had no idea what I was talking about.
The only employee that I was impressed with was Dennis. Dennis was there upon my arrival the first day. He was always willing, very helpful and pleasant.
I was not impressed with the lobby area, because I felt the bar area and the eating area was connected along to the sitting area. There was no division to separate the areas.
I love to travel and have traveled to many places around the world which include the following; Portugal, Thailand, Hong Kong, Cambodia, Brazil etc. Before traveling to Paris, I stayed at the Phoenician in Scotsdale, Arizona and it was a great experience. K+K Hotel is 5 times more expensive then the Phoenician, so my expectations were greater.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Luz4442014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay with us!

I regret that you were disappointed about our breakfast. Please note that it is a buffet. You will always find basics such as pastries or bread everyday… but we sometimes like to change some little things, like yogurts flavor…

Sorry for your broken ankle. It is too bad that it happened during your vacation in Paris. I regret that you were disappointed about the fact that the hotel does not provide wheelchairs… Hotels rarely provide these kind of things unfortunately…

You were not very fond of our rooms either and I also regret it. I wouldn’t compare Scotsdale to Paris but you are right, our city is more expensive...

Anyway, we thank you for your nice compliments about Denis and we hope that his professionalism will make you come back to our hotel one day!