“Do go, and enjoy Paris at its best”
Review of K+K Hotel Cayre

K+K Hotel Cayre
Ranked #272 of 1,802 Hotels in Paris
Reviewed 26 January 2009

Read a few reviews about this hotel on your site before travelling. My wife and I have just returned from a four night stay- my Christmas 2008 present. The hotel is excellent, perfect location and as many of your reviews state, the staff cannot do enough for you! - they were great. We had requested a smoking room via our travel agent which the hotel staff said they had not received- after one night we were moved - with their help.
A word of advice - our original room was on the first floor from where you could quite clearly hear and feel the metro trains from the station just outside the hotel- could be a problem for a light sleeper or any one who retires before the metro stops at I think midnight - but they do start early!
We will return to this hotel and can highly recommend La Peteite Scala - Bistro Italien: a two minute walk away at 5 Rue Paul-Louis Courier - the best Pizza I have ever eaten!
Paris is not cheap - but what a fantastic city.

2  Thank pierre131055

Reviewed 23 January 2009

Had seen the positive reviews and was very disappointed in the stay. The classic standard room is absolutely minuscule - I realise Paris hotel rooms tend to be small but this was taking it to another level. I was shown a room which was so small I believed it must have been given a dud and so asked to see others. The others were in fact worse - the door nearly hits the bed when it is opened while the length of the room was about one and a half bed lengths. The breakfast was very poor - it was a buffet where the only hot food on offer were some overcooked bacon and very stringy scrambled egg. Considering the breakfast was 26 euro there simplywasnt a range of food which make even half the price value for money. The hotel is vastly overpriced for the service and facilities, The best I could say about it is that the rooms were clean and that the hotel is in a reasonable location - though considering it is in Monpassant it is on the outer reaches of Paris city centre. On no possible account would I recommend this hotel and I believe the reviews are misleading - I was certainly expecting alot better. .

6  Thank Mark23
Reviewed 22 January 2009

We stayed three nights at the K+K Cayre. The location is excellent for a sight seeing trip to Paris. We were able to walk to all the main sights and excellent restaurants. The hotel itself is stylishly decorated and immaculately maintained. The reception and the rooms are compact and the sapce is used efficiently. The staff were helpful and friendly. Would recommend to any of my friends wanting an excellent city break to Paris.

1  Thank SES7
Reviewed 14 January 2009

I stayed at this hotel for three nights last December and couldn't have been happier! Having been to Paris before, I know that many of the lower-rated hotels can be a bit dingy, so I decided to spring a little extra for a step up this time around. I got a great rate on hotelconnect.ca (around $250/nt including breakfast) and it was really worth it.

The hotel is in a prime location on the Left Bank, easy walking distance to the Latin Quarter but also a quick stroll over the Pont Royal to the Louvre, Tuileries Gardens, Champs-Elysees etc. The room itself wasn't huge (it is Paris, after all) but it was stylish and comfortable. The breakfast was ample with a good selection of european meats, cheeses, and pate but also more American choices like scrambled eggs and bacon. Another cool factor is right across the street is a self-serve Velib bike station - you can rent a bike for one euro per day, and its a really fun way to see the city.

Next time I go to Paris I'll definitely try to book this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled solo
2  Thank exbackpacker29
Reviewed 9 January 2009

I stayed at the K+K Cayre in 2006, it was a great experience. Worth every penny. Stayed there for 4 nights with my boyfriend, the room was clean, spacious with a balcony overlooking a side street. Very quiet as well. The breakfasts were amazing (got a deal where the breakfast was inclued) - very wide selection of sweet pastries, fresh fruit, fresh juices, cereals, toast, eggs and sausages, great coffee too.

Also we had a complimentary bottle of water in our room every day and got selection of fresh fruit waiting for us in the room upon arrival - everything free of charge.

Amazing location as well - we walked everywhere (Louvre, Eiffel Tower, Champs Elysees, walks along the Seine, Notre Dame etc). There is a pharmacy and large supermarket nearby too.

• Stayed: March 2006, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bambino770
Reviewed 21 December 2008

For years, whenever we visited Paris, we stayed in a small hotel in the Marais. This year we decided to move over to the Left Bank. The Hotel Cayre, located steps away from the Rue de Bac Metro stop, turned out to a be perfect choice for us. A friendly staff greeted us each morning at the wonderful breakfast buffet (eggs, bacon, salmon, pain au chocolat, fruit, cheese and much more). Thus fortified, we took easy strolls to the Louvre, Luxembourg Gardens, d'Orsay and Notre Dame or jumped the Metro for cross-city journeys. Our room, though smallish, was comfortable and spotless with a view over zinc rooftops and chimney pots to Sacre Coeur. We find it tough not to enjoy Paris. This hotel made it next to impossible.

Stayed: December 2008
1  Thank Clarbeau
Reviewed 19 December 2008

This was my second trip to Paris and my daughter's first. After researching other hotels and reading the reviews on tripadvisor I chose the K+K Cayre. I am glad I did. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful. They put up with me attempting to speak with my terrible French and spoke fluent English. We had the breakfast buffet twice at the hotel and although it was 25 EUR, this was comparable to other cafes which were not buffets. The buffet included a section of cheeses and meats as well as champagne, juices, coffee and teas. Well worth the price. Rooms were somewhat small, but nicely decorated and very functional, especially the heated bathroom floors. I would stay here again without question. Directly across from the Rue Du Bac Metro (#12). You can hear the metro as other reviews noted on the basement and lobby floors. We were on the 5th floor and did not notice the metro at all. We had a walkout balcony. Very Nice!!

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple